"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly drives me insane with some of the prices for the Dessert parties. I'm all up for going to a Cruella event; Disney Villains rule anyway. But my god, at that price I'd expect some additional characters like Maleficent or the Evil Queen, or the Queen of Hearts to meet there with her. You guys will have to let us know how it goes. I mean we're taking a 1 year old with is this year and many have said maybe the "quieter" dessert party will be better for him, but I just can't justify paying so much for a party that only gives you dessert and a photo with Cruella. I hope Disney substitute her with another Villain to meet in the parks as Cruella always met.

Dunno if the rumours are true, but I heard a whisper that a Maleficent meet and greet is returning in September to October to promote the new Maleficent 2 movie. Could be wrong, but I have heard it.

How do people have them already? Or are those preorders? That does annoy me to no end, we usually go late so if I want something that was limited it was sold out. That’s the only good thing about going to the first one- I certainly hope they will have the AP and limited edition pins so I can get th for once!
Pre orders. My issue is the limit they are allowed to buy.

Is the new Mickey Magic Band completely out of stock, or do these things usually come back around?

Is the new Mickey Magic Band completely out of stock, or do these things usually come back around?
If you mean the Halloween one I saw it come and go today, and was able to add it to someone later in the day after it had sold out once, but didn’t try to check out because we didn’t actually want it. I would expect it to come and go for a while,at least a few days and would hope until closer to Halloween, but who knows. They could have already sold the 5 they made and have no plans to make more (that was sarcasm, BTW. I know they made more than 5)!

JK, they made 6 😉

Pre orders. My issue is the limit they are allowed to buy.
Don’t they limit it to 2 per transaction? If that is correct it’s dumb, because people buy 2 at every location, or else they just get in line over and over again, right? I wish there were a way to let everyone get them, without letting resellers get as many. I don’t mind some online, I have resorted to that in the past for things I just can’t get to Disney for and really, really want. But I’ll only pay so much, some prices are just crazy. If they could somehow actually limit it to 2 per person per night. You could buy 2 and either sell them or keep them, and then if you pay for another ticket get 2 more on a different night it you feel that’s worth it. Just spitballing here, I’m sure that’s not actually a good idea but trying to come up with anything better than what they have now. Maybe order what you want online after purchasing a ticket, and it’s mailed to you? With limits.

Anyway, I agree, I hate the way it works now!

These are being sold on ebay, just like the image shows. They are preorders. Which means the sellers plans on buying 8, 10 whatever amount to sell on ebay making them more difficult for party goers like you from purchasing during your party night.
Okay...that's what I thought. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some kind of special opportunity Disney was offering. Heaven knows if it's being sold on Ebay, it's probably ridiculously MORE expensive!

Okay...that's what I thought. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some kind of special opportunity Disney was offering. Heaven knows if it's being sold on Ebay, it's probably ridiculously MORE expensive!

Typically these pins cost $14-$20 each, ebay is selling them for $50+

This is part of your experience that's being sold from right under you. With all the technology Disney has in their arsenal one might think they would put it to good use that actually benefits the guests that pay for the bread they eat and the BMW's they drive. And I'm not talking about Cast Members!

When you buy a ticket you should be able to purchase your merchandise in full via My Disney Experience and pick it up at Guest Services in MK. What ever is left over should be sold at a limit of 2 per ticket. Meaning you don't get to walk out of one store and purchase at another. This would solve so much.

This is part of your experience that's being sold from right under you. With all the technology Disney has in their arsenal one might think they would put it to good use that actually benefits the guests that pay for the bread they eat and the BMW's they drive. And I'm not talking about Cast Members!

When you buy a ticket you should be able to purchase your merchandise in full via My Disney Experience and pick it up at Guest Services in MK. What ever is left over should be sold at a limit of 2 per ticket. Meaning you don't get to walk out of one store and purchase at another. This would solve so much.
That sounds like a great idea! We don't go until late October. So I'm already concerned about what will still be available by the time we get there.

Last year on my Itinerary Thread I tried to keep track of what was Sold Out but getting the right info was difficult. Which location, Party Date and Specific Item. So many items were sold out including the Exclusive Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket.

There's been a lot of discussion on resellers here, especially in the past year. When the Orange Bird cups came out for Flower and Garden this year, they sold out really quickly. I believe the amount a person could buy at one time was 10, which is absolutely ridiculous! I'll have to find the thread again because we weren't going to attend F&G until May and I thought we would have no chance to get one. They were on ebay during opening week for up to $60 each! Thankfully, when we arrived in May they must have gotten a shipment in because I was able to get two; one for me and one for my dd.
But yes, it is a big problem for everything limited like Mickey ears (especially graduation ones), pins, festival specials, etc. Disney was trying to crack down on resellers by revoking their AP's. (they get the AP discount on top of whatever they make on ebay)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-banning-aps-of-personal-shoppers-merch-resellers.3725094/
That was Disneyland last year, but hoping it extends to WDW also!

There's been a lot of discussion on resellers here, especially in the past year. When the Orange Bird cups came out for Flower and Garden this year, they sold out really quickly. I believe the amount a person could buy at one time was 10, which is absolutely ridiculous! I'll have to find the thread again because we weren't going to attend F&G until May and I thought we would have no chance to get one. They were on ebay during opening week for up to $60 each! Thankfully, when we arrived in May they must have gotten a shipment in because I was able to get two; one for me and one for my dd.
But yes, it is a big problem for everything limited like Mickey ears (especially graduation ones), pins, festival specials, etc. Disney was trying to crack down on resellers by revoking their AP's. (they get the AP discount on top of whatever they make on ebay)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-banning-aps-of-personal-shoppers-merch-resellers.3725094/
That was Disneyland last year, but hoping it extends to WDW also!

Yeah, I forget the exact details but that 10 max for the sipper was absurd. They lowered it shortly after that initial chaos, I know when I was there it was 2 max per adult. After watching the series of events, I half way thought the whole thing was masterfully planned to create drama and “must have” hysteria.

Yeah, I forget the exact details but that 10 max for the sipper was absurd. They lowered it shortly after that initial chaos, I know when I was there it was 2 max per adult. After watching the series of events, I half way thought the whole thing was masterfully planned to create drama and “must have” hysteria.
How about the beakers from Light Lab at last year's Food and Wine? Those were completely gone by the time we got there 2 1/2 weeks after opening. When we were there, the drink and beaker were nowhere in sight and replaced by a flight with glow cubes as the souvenir.

I often wonder if Disney creates this also! We collect Mickey ears and I can't tell you how many times we've been on the search for a specific pair. Recent ones were: the Purple Potion ears, Coco ears and Candy Corn Ears. I'm talking visiting EVERY store in the parks, having CM's check online and covering a lot of ground walking around to find them. In May, we searched for the Purple Potion ears and they were no where to be found. We finally took a walk across the pedestrian bridge in DS and found them at the Hilton!

Really not sure what to make of this new projection heavy show and if it’ll increase the “worth it” factor to a larger number of people. There is some strategery involved with the timing - when you want to arrive, how much time you want to spend eating, when to head over to the garden, etc. There are really no bad spots in the garden, but I do have preferences - so my internal conflict with the dessert party is not wanting to arrive too early, but not so late I’m among the last in the garden.

I’m doing the plaza garden party during MNSSHP in a couple of weeks, so I’ll be able to report back in on my experience this year.

We are going to the August 20th party, I am sure the vloggers will be out in force on the 16th and posting to YouTube so we can get some insight before we go. We have never really been one of the families that waits for the fireworks or parades and usually just catch them from whereever. But this one seems pretty cool and since it will still be new the crowds might be heavier. That being said, it's still a hefty price tag for dessert and a spot that will probably still be crowded.

Plus - the special party snacks are usually pretty fun and I want to eat those too!! So many things to consider!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter