"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus having an earlier dinner followed by dessert and fireworks you'll have time to see the second parade then head over to Cruella's for a late night snack and beverages. That's how I would work it.

But my questions is how does Cruella's M&G work?
"As you dine, you’ll rub elbows with high society as Cruella stops by your table for some witty repartee. "

So if we choose to dine after the parade will we still meet Cruella?
"This fiendishly fun event will take place at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant from 9:30 PM through 12:30 AM during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party."

Really looking forward to reviews!

Was just catching up on this news as well. Yes, big question is what (if anything) gets replaced. Would certainly be nice if it’s a totally new add, but maybe wishful thinking?

On another note, it seems a bit funny to me many of ‘us’ repeat MNSSHP’ers have been chirping a bit over the last few years about wanting “something new” although we’re not really talking much about it now that we have new fireworks and parade tweaks. I guess maybe we’re all scared/worried about them messing with the two “biggie” entertainment options! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Was just catching up on this news as well. Yes, big question is what (if anything) gets replaced. Would certainly be nice if it’s a totally new add, but maybe wishful thinking?

On another note, it seems a bit funny to me many of ‘us’ repeat MNSSHP’ers have been chirping a bit over the last few years about wanting “something new” although we’re not really talking much about it now that we have new fireworks and parade tweaks. I guess maybe we’re all scared/worried about them messing with the two “biggie” entertainment options! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm stoked of all the new changes and seeing some characters I've never seen before but I'd like to see photos of them not concept art. Really looking forward to all the reviews and hopefully photos! Edna Mode - sawweeet! Same with spectral Bride!

Plus having an earlier dinner followed by dessert and fireworks you'll have time to see the second parade then head over to Cruella's for a late night snack and beverages. That's how I would work it.

But my questions is how does Cruella's M&G work?
"As you dine, you’ll rub elbows with high society as Cruella stops by your table for some witty repartee. "

So if we choose to dine after the parade will we still meet Cruella?
"This fiendishly fun event will take place at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant from 9:30 PM through 12:30 AM during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party."

Really looking forward to reviews!
I was wondering the same thing. Because she’ll have to be in the parade right? I mean I know they’ll have multiple Cruella’s, but I thought they have a strict thing about never having two of the same characters so as not to “lose the magic”. The M&G for me is what pushed me over the edge to book it. This is who we decided to dress as this year for our family themed costumes. I NEED the picture with her and was grateful not to have to scour the park looking for her! I can’t wait to start reading some reviews from this.

I was wondering the same thing. Because she’ll have to be in the parade right? I mean I know they’ll have multiple Cruella’s, but I thought they have a strict thing about never having two of the same characters so as not to “lose the magic”. The M&G for me is what pushed me over the edge to book it. This is who we decided to dress as this year for our family themed costumes. I NEED the picture with her and was grateful not to have to scour the park looking for her! I can’t wait to start reading some reviews from this.

Exactly! You get me :thumbsup2

“Free food” wise which one would y’all choose between this party or the Christmas one? Does the Halloween party offer more than unlimited candy?

I’m a creature of habit. I really don’t want them to mess with the parade or fireworks, but my family’s excited about the changes. :)

I just figure new equals even more crowds along the parade routes and in front of the castle during fireworks.

So, who is doing both add ons to MNSSHP? How are you spending your time? I'm trying to decide which one we will do and how to plan our time....or are we waiting for the first couple of parties?
I am doing both August 20th. Not sure of our plan yet. I just started planning this yesterday since I got our AP preview of SWGE and finalized flights etc for this quick trip. :)
Hopefully Cruella meets after parade. If not, then we may have to go from one to the other and hope we have time to squeeze in a pic before heading to parade view.
We only want to hit some ToTing and maybe a couple magic shots early. Parade and fireworks are our only priorities. :teeth: If we get done what we want prior to fireworks dessert part, then we'll probably just go hang out at Tony's.
We are just excited we get to see our fav parade again! When I told DS7 yesterday that we were going back for MNSSHP (and MVMCP in Nov) he gave me a huge hug. That's why I do it. :goodvibes

Doing 2 parties like I have scheduled gives you the ability to do pretty much everything. I did 2 parties in 2017 and I did not feel rushed when meeting the special characters. In going for my birthday, I plan to dress like Cinderella and hopefully get a pic with her.

So, who is doing both add ons to MNSSHP? How are you spending your time? I'm trying to decide which one we will do and how to plan our time....or are we waiting for the first couple of parties?
We are doing both (TT fireworks party & Cruella's) on October 24. Our main goals are to TOT, ride a few rides, and enjoy the fireworks and parade without having to stake out seats super far in advance. Honestly since our party is so far off, I was waiting to read about experiences of others on how best to handle it. Worst case I figure we'll check in to Cruella's early just so that's taken care of but not actually head in until right after the fireworks. If we don't get to eat anything at Cruella's until after the party it's not that big of a deal to us because we pretty much are paying for the guaranteed viewing area...plus I'm sure we'll already be stuffed from the dessert party and all the candy!

Breaking things down...

Plaza Dessert Party Time: 8:45
Terrace Dessert Party Time 9:30
Cruella’s Party Time: 9:30 PM-12

10:15 Fireworks about 20 minutes / 11:15 BTY Parade about 20 minutes

Depending on which dessert/Firework party you attend

8:25-10:35 Plaza & Fireworks
10:35-12 Cruella’s & 2nd Parade

9:00-10:35 Terrace & Fireworks
10:35-12 Cruella’s & 2nd Parade

As you can see there is plenty of time to get from one to the other.

Yes I get that. I'm in discussion mode. Silly! :teeth:
I hope she’s there pass midnight- we plan to watch the parade and hit up the ToT lines at Monsters after the parade. What time does the second parade end? You think we could go against the exiting crowd and make it back to Monsters before midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter