"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I participated in it for hea but actually didn't love the view, am i the only one? there were a lot of 'beams' in my way (light poles?) and we weren't center but more to the right and i felt lots of people in front of us and center really had better views.
Have you watched HEA elsewhere?IMO, the garden is the perfect view with minimal crowding. Yes, there are a few lampposts, but a step to the left or right will fix that. That’s the beauty of being in the garden - the ability to step left or right. Sure, the folks on Main Street directly in front of the castle may have the “perfect” centered view, but they literally cannot breathe without running into someone else. I’ve been in that mob and I’ll never do it again. We don’t watch HEA anymore without a dessert party (for reference, I’m also short, and have 2 kids, which makes viewing a bit more difficult with the general public). Also, the farther left you go in the garden, the more centered your view will be. But there’s really not a bad view in there!

Anyone receive the dreaded Fastpass cancellation email? Someone was asking me about fastpass selections on party days in a group on Facebook. I shared some folks have had success and the usual times and another lady chimes in (I’m assuming a TA) to be aware they may be canceled. Another lady said you can’t without being a pass holder or having a normal ticket for the day.
My FPs for 8/27 are holding strong. I have 3 days of FP booked on a 2 day base ticket and 1 party ticket. Friends traveling too also fine. There's are 11 days of FP booked on 10 day hoppers and a party ticket. No APs in the bunch.
No issues so far. I have a 5 day ticket plus one party ticket. I have my DHS FPs for 8/22, last day of the Disney part of our trip, and so far they are safe. I did take screenshots of them because they include slinky dog.

I just booked FP this AM. 8 days of FP with 7 day base tickets. Hoping these hold, as they would enable us to ride 7DMT with FP on 3 different days! I can't afford to lose the last day, which is AK and laid out perfectly! :P I'll be following along obsessively looking for news of the dreaded email! Good luck to us all! Just think, we're all so close now!

I just booked FP this AM. 8 days of FP with 7 day base tickets. Hoping these hold, as they would enable us to ride 7DMT with FP on 3 different days! I can't afford to lose the last day, which is AK and laid out perfectly! :P I'll be following along obsessively looking for news of the dreaded email! Good luck to us all! Just think, we're all so close now!

I have gotten the dreaded FP cancellation email the past 2 years. I just don't even try booking a FP for the Halloween Party day anymore. Too risky because I have some really good FP times and rides I have booked after my party day. Usually the email comes a few days before our trip.

I have gotten the dreaded FP cancellation email the past 2 years. I just don't even try booking a FP for the Halloween Party day anymore. Too risky because I have some really good FP times and rides I have booked after my party day. Usually the email comes a few days before our trip.

Yikes! That's a bummer. Hopefully we'll start hearing about the emails shortly before the first parties. That should give us time to make any changes.

Looks like if I bought my tickets through undercover tourist I would save about $10 total off of Disney for my family (because I would lose the $16 I would have saved by buying discounted Disney gift cards to pay for it.) Is it worth it? Will I immediately be able to put the e-ticket from undercover tourist in my MDE account and book fast passes (at the 30 days?) Is there a convenience just buying directly from Disney that is worth the $10?

*Edited to ask a different question as I figured the other one out and didn’t know how to delete it.

Last edited:
I've seen lots of posts about what people do on party days (sleep in, swim, etc.) But what do you do the day after the party? I hate to waste a rope drop but highly doubt we'll want to wake up early. Do you just plan to go later in the morning and stay until close? Do you feel you get as much done this way? Thanks for your help.
We are going to sleep in and go to AK later in the afternoon.

Looks like if I bought my tickets through undercover tourist I would save about $10 total off of Disney for my family (because I would lose the $16 I would have saved by buying discounted Disney gift cards to pay for it.) Is it worth it? Will I immediately be able to put the e-ticket from undercover tourist in my MDE account and book fast passes (at the 30 days?) Is there a convenience just buying directly from Disney that is worth the $10?

*Edited to ask a different question as I figured the other one out and didn’t know how to delete it.

You ultimately would have to decide if its worth the $10 savings. For me, for $10 I'd rather buy direct knowing with any hiccups Disney will typically accommodate any unforeseen snafus if you will. UT and places of the sort are great for when saving larger chunks of money, but in your instance I'd probably pass and buy direct. If you did purchase through them, they are not readily available, which is another huge plus with buying directly, especially if you want them right away for booking FP purposes. I think it takes up to 24 hours before they make them available to place in your MDE acct if you choose the online delivery. Hope that helps.

Anyone receive the dreaded Fastpass cancellation email? Someone was asking me about fastpass selections on party days in a group on Facebook. I shared some folks have had success and the usual times and another lady chimes in (I’m assuming a TA) to be aware they may be canceled. Another lady said you can’t without being a pass holder or having a normal ticket for the day.
So far no one here has reported receiving the Dreaded FastPass Email and hopefully no one will receive it! :crazy2:

Last year I kept track of those who reported getting them on my Itinerary thread. I contacted each poster and made a thorough post about it on the 2018 MNSSHP Itinerary thread. It also includes helpful tips and WDW contact info. If you and/or your FB friends have questions or concerns I recommend checking it out. LINK

I haven't seen it yet either, but I am going to be on the lookout. I have been helping a friend of mine book and plan her trip. Just did her FP last week and then the new Fall deals just came out a couple of days ago. Had the TA apply the room discount for them to save money, so now her reservation will officially be on watch because that seemed to be the common denominator last year. Last time it happened to me I didn't get the email until I was already on my trip and didn't realize my AK FP had dropped it until the night before we were going to that park. Luckily the phone CM was able to investigate and see what happened and gave me the FP back, especially my coveted FOP one, but it was a huge pain and took over an hour and ruined my dinner with my family that night.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it yet either, but I am going to be on the lookout. I have been helping a friend of mine book and plan her trip. Just did her FP last week and then the new Fall deals just came out a couple of days ago. Had the TA apply the room discount for them to save money, so now her reservation will officially be on watch because that seemed to be the common denominator last year. Last time it happened to me I didn't get the email until I was already on my trip and didn't realize it until the night before. Luckily the phone CM was able to investigate and see what happened and gave me the FP back, especially my coveted FOP one, but it was a huge pain and took over an hour and ruined my dinner with my family that night.

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen this year!

2019 Halloween Pin Predictions

Seeing how TP made Predictions for Rides I'm going to predict the 2019 Halloween Pins. Note, this is not the same thing as the Exclusive MNSSHP pins which are limited editions. ;)

Annual Passholder Pin

Open Edition Pins - I believe these open edition Halloween pins will be at Disney Parks. You should be able to find them at Disney’s Pin Traders at Disney Springs, most parks and hotels at Walt Disney World during the fall season. 🎃 I'll even predict the price $9.99 with exception of the 2 piece sets, those will be $14.99.

Miscellaneous

Last edited:
Is there a chart of when this usually sells out? I’d like to go but don’t want to buy till like 2 weeks out

Which party? There’s typically only 4 or 5 that sell out (first, Halloween and a couple in late October). I feel like that info is in one of the first few posts of this thread?

Booked Cruella's Halloween Hide-A-Way last night for 8/30. Still on the fence about it but grabbed it while I still could and hope to hear some reviews from the first couple of parties. I know you can come and go but still afraid of it taking up too much time. Would like to know about the parade viewing area the most if anyone know. DH loves to take lots of pictures so hoping it will be a good spot for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter