Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

Star Wars challenge no mention of light side..... but resistance run sounds cool. :D

Thanks for the brief info. Now to guess what else is changing!!

Not until the registration opens for the race. Past participants were given special links after the race to allow them to sign up if they wanted. I registered my husband and I at that time.

I never got this. Been to the last 2 races. :(

I never got this. Been to the last 2 races. :(

Do you get emails from runDisney in general (other than registration confirms)? The link was in an email from runDisney that was sent literally a couple of days after 2017 SWLS. I got the email, but the friend I did the race with didn't, because she has restricted the marketing emails she receives from Disney. Wondering if this is what happened to you.....?

Do you get emails from runDisney in general (other than registration confirms)? The link was in an email from runDisney that was sent literally a couple of days after 2017 SWLS. I got the email, but the friend I did the race with didn't, because she has restricted the marketing emails she receives from Disney. Wondering if this is what happened to you.....?

Did a search and I actually did get it. Doh! Could've saved $10 on either the Challenge or the Half. Thanks.

I'm glad the registration has been postponed. I'm going my first runDisney event with the Tinkerbell 10K in May and I'd love to experience it first to decide whether I want to make the investment to do it again. It's probably wishful thinking they'll postpone registration for that long though.

Has anyone who has pre-registered through the link sent in January booked hotels yet? We're looking to stay at the DLH. I sent a question off to runDisney regarding booking rooms but haven't heard back from them yet.

Has anyone who has pre-registered through the link sent in January booked hotels yet? We're looking to stay at the DLH. I sent a question off to runDisney regarding booking rooms but haven't heard back from them yet.

The runDisney site says online booking for hotels for 2018 Star Wars opens March 14, but it's March 21 and there is still no link. I'm planning to use DVC points but was curious about the runDisney rates. If they are better than the rates for the Disneyland Half, I might switch and use DVC points for that one and book a hotel thru runDisney for SW. There is a phone number you can call for travel for SW listed on the runDisney site. You might try that. I'm holding out for the link....

Each year I haven't book my hotel until July/August and its been ok. We used Get Travel one year and last year we used RunDisney. We'll probably use RunDisney again this year.

Off property but I did already book my room at Hojos! Also I noticed that Stovalls has no availability for some of the nights during SW weekend as of now. Maybe TA's have them all blocked? But if you do stay at Hojo's you should know that Building 1 is going to be under renovations during that time so they will have less rooms to go around.

All of this speculation has me seriously considering doing the Dark Side next month to ensure I get a Kessel Run medal. Looks like registration is still available for the half, and I made the mistake of looking at flights and saw that United has saver awards from Boise to Orlando at perfect times for me to go on Fri. and come back Sun. I'm going to sleep on it....
In the 2017 Dark Side Event Guide they released today, the 2018 Dark Side weekend is scheduled and on the calendar. And given that it looks like 20,000 runners are signed up for Dark Side 2017, I think the lack of a sellout has more to do with plenty of room for anyone who wants to run instead of not enough people interested in the theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter