Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

I saw on another site where they are changing some names and details for the weekend. Rebel Challenge appears to be changing to Resistance Challenge. Someone who had registered early posted a screen shot from the active.com page for ordering merchandise.

They moved Wine & Dine when they completely changed the scope of the weekend.

I saw on another site where they are changing some names and details for the weekend. Rebel Challenge appears to be changing to Resistance Challenge. Someone who had registered early posted a screen shot from the active.com page for ordering merchandise.

Capitalizing on the Last Jedi!

The movie comes out in December with the race in early January this makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

Interesting...As one who is signed up for the challenge, I'm ok with that change. Very curious to know what else they might be doing.

As long as they don't change the Kessel Run medal next year, I'll be okay. A little bummed not to be able to register tomorrow though as planned. :(

From looking at my active.com page, it looks like the whole weekend is now labeled "2018 Star Wars Half Marathon -- Resistance Run".

They've also renamed the Challenge to be called the Resistance Challenge and have scrubbed all mention of Light Side in the coding on Active.
Yep, seems to be all about the new trilogy of Star Wars now. I wonder if Dark Side 2018 will see changes.

I think they learned two star wars races is too much star wars maybe. That is if they get rid of dark side.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

There are still two lands opening to promote on each coast, and lots more movies coming out. I hold out hope.
They will break hearts. Especially weird with the opening of Star Wars Land not to have the two races. Although personally I think they should be spread further apart in time. If you are going for both Jan and April is kind of hard training and financial wise. One should be early in the year and one more fallish

Maybe they are just renaming it. Calling the DL race "Resistance" rather than just "Star Wars Half Marathon" seems to imply they want to distinguish one SW race from the other.

If I had to guess, the undersold WDW Star Wars race weekend is going to be rethemed/go away in 2018.

Just because it hasn't sold out the half or challenge doesn't make it undersold, tink didn't sell out last year and it's still going. We really have no idea.

I bet they theme it to First Order instead of Dark Side to go along with disneylands being Resistance. A lot of people love the kessel medal which may change too.

Sounds like when they changed wine & dine they just didn't get their web stuff up and going in time with the changes, maybe a technical snafu as can happen with web launches.

They will break hearts. Especially weird with the opening of Star Wars Land not to have the two races. Although personally I think they should be spread further apart in time. If you are going for both Jan and April is kind of hard training and financial wise. One should be early in the year and one more fallish

Maybe they are just renaming it. Calling the DL race "Resistance" rather than just "Star Wars Half Marathon" seems to imply they want to distinguish one SW race from the other.

I hope you're right. I've seriously never wanted a medal more than the Kessel Run medal, but I started running too late to sign up for that challenge this year. I will be devastated if it goes away before I can do it!

I hope you're right. I've seriously never wanted a medal more than the Kessel Run medal, but I started running too late to sign up for that challenge this year. I will be devastated if it goes away before I can do it!
I also wonder if the switch to the newer trilogy means no more Medal of Bravery medal since its from the Rebellion and not the resistance . Damn.

I also wonder if the switch to the newer trilogy means no more Medal of Bravery medal since its from the Rebellion and not the resistance . Damn.

I'm just getting sadder and sadder. What total crap timing on my part. Why couldn't I have discovered running just a few months sooner?! I wanted to do Kessel Run this year but had missed Light Side registration by the time I got going. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter