Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

And from what I've read recently, although I'm not local to really know, the current Anaheim city council and mayor are not exactly pro Disney these days.

Exactly this.

There is also a lot going on with the proposed new entrance and parking ramp on Harbor (the reason Disney bought the Carousel Inn). I am sure it will get worked out. Hopefully soon. Itching to be a Dopey Rebel, but that may go away at any time I come to my logical senses.

Exactly this.

There is also a lot going on with the proposed new entrance and parking ramp on Harbor (the reason Disney bought the Carousel Inn). I am sure it will get worked out. Hopefully soon. Itching to be a Dopey Rebel, but that may go away at any time I come to my logical senses.

You can't use logic when it comes to RunDisney! All your money!

This is my guess too. And/or they are having a hard time getting permits for both Saturday and Sunday (although I can't remember how much the 10k course is outside of the disney property). Personally I haven't run the light side course - I did tink in 2014 and avengers last year and enjoyed both of those. I didn't think I would care about going to the stadium but it was nice to have a target to run to and from... But my favorite part of Cali courses is that you don't have to get up at 2:30 to be on a bus and wait for 3 hours to start so I'm cool with whatever they do!

The 10K is on property through both parks (onstage and backstage), the Half goes through two cities, Anaheim and Garden Grove. Therein could be the issue, not necessarily Anaheim but Garden Grove putting up issues or both.

They've had races on this weekend for many years since Tinker Bell was held in 2012-2014 on the same weekend. I'm not too concerned that they won't get the course issues figured out.

Anyone have any recommendations on good Disney Run experienced travel agents? We're passholders in Orlando, but looking into maybe doing the event in Cali and Florida next year. Walking the parks yesterday and seeing the bada$$ medals definitely makes me want to do it!

Another vote for Acclaim- I've had several great experiences buying bibs & race packages from Acclaim for WDW & DL race weekends.

I also used Acclaim for the 2015 Inaugural Star Wars challenge. No problems at all and I was able to relax when registration went live for everyone and the challenge sold out in 25 minutes since I had gotten registration through Acclaim the day before. Since my AP is again current, I have used AP registration since then but would not hesitate to use them again.

Speculation is they are trying to get a new course approved. The race hasn't been cancelled otherwise people who are already signed up would've been notified.
I'm hoping they are moving the date, that way it's not so close to Dopey. My logic is that when they made changes to Wine n Dine and pushed back the registration date they pushed back Super Hero registration too. And since they didn't change Princess maybe it will be after it now?? I can dream right?!

I'm hoping they are moving the date, that way it's not so close to Dopey. My logic is that when they made changes to Wine n Dine and pushed back the registration date they pushed back Super Hero registration too. And since they didn't change Princess maybe it will be after it now?? I can dream right?!
Well if they move the date then I am likely out for doing that one.

I really doubt they will be changing the dates. Disneyland typically does theirs on Holiday Weekends.

Well if they move the date then I am likely out for doing that one.
I didn't realize you were running lightside too, lots of Dopey Rebels on here!

I really doubt they will be changing the dates. Disneyland typically does theirs on Holiday Weekends.
Oh I didn't realize that.

They'd have a mess on their hands if they moved the date since people have already registered.
Did they allow people to register at the expo this year? I know raw threads has registered people but all of the TAs and Charities I have seen say they don't have any info yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter