"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining in the discussion! My DD15 and I will be headed down to WDW at the end of November/beginning of December. I just purchased our MVMCP tickets through Undercover Tourist for December 2. I received the email with tickets attached and successfully added them to my MDE. I plan to print off the email tickets and have them with us for the party just to be safe. So very excited for our first MVMCP!!!!

Are you able to add those number to your reservation? That may work. Years ago when I had to make my dining reservations by phone some of them did not go into my MDE, but I just went into add plans and added the numbers they had given me and everything showed up in my plans. Maybe try that.

I’m not the poster you quoted but I don’t think this will work. I have the same situation and the instructions are to go to guest services with photo I.D. and a “case number” that came with an email. Otherwise couldn’t they have just loaded them onto our MDE? If I was home I’d try to enter the number to see what would happen. But, alas, I’m at the beach for a week...

Joining in the discussion! My DD15 and I will be headed down to WDW at the end of November/beginning of December. I just purchased our MVMCP tickets through Undercover Tourist for December 2. I received the email with tickets attached and successfully added them to my MDE. I plan to print off the email tickets and have them with us for the party just to be safe. So very excited for our first MVMCP!!!!
That's the party I am going to. :)

I’m not the poster you quoted but I don’t think this will work. I have the same situation and the instructions are to go to guest services with photo I.D. and a “case number” that came with an email. Otherwise couldn’t they have just loaded them onto our MDE? If I was home I’d try to enter the number to see what would happen. But, alas, I’m at the beach for a week...

Yes that is what mine says too. It’s a case number so??? Guess I’ll wait until I get there and hope it works out!

Minnie's Holiday & Dine Dinner (DHS)
Minnie’s Holiday Dine is a Christmas-themed character meal at Hollywood and Vine @ Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Join Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy for a dinner celebration centered on seasonal 'deliciousness' with menu items commemorating winter holidays. Guests can pose for pics with Disney Characters, meet others as they stop by, and participate in table activities geared to the theme. Plus, the party gifts make great souvenirs! Fantasmic! Dining Packages Available.

Dates: November 9, 2018 - January 6th

Question regarding this ⬆. I have a minnies seasonal dine booked for Nov 8. Any chance the dates are off listed above or would my "seasonal" refer to something other than them in their christmas outfits?

The seasonal outfits before Christmas are their Halloween costumes. Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and the Christmas projections on Tower of Terror are supposed to start on Nov 8th so it seems odd that they’d still have the Halloween dinner once they have switched the rest of the park over to Christmas stuff but I just looked at the Disney website and that is clearly what it says-weird!

Halloween Dine
September 3, 2018 – November 8, 2018
Visit Minnie’s favorite happy haunt for a spooktacular Halloween feast that’s frightfully delightful.

Holiday Dine
November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019
Deck the halls at a dazzling dinner party filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-and-vine/

The seasonal outfits before Christmas are their Halloween costumes. Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and the Christmas projections on Tower of Terror are supposed to start on Nov 8th so it seems odd that they’d still have the Halloween dinner once they have switched the rest of the park over to Christmas stuff but I just looked at the Disney website and that is clearly what it says-weird!

Halloween Dine
September 3, 2018 – November 8, 2018
Visit Minnie’s favorite happy haunt for a spooktacular Halloween feast that’s frightfully delightful.

Holiday Dine
November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019
Deck the halls at a dazzling dinner party filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-and-vine/

We are also going to the MVMCH at November 8 and I look into going to Hollywood and Vine before the party, but saw the same thing and have reservations for November 9 so we could be sure... And that kind of messed up my plans... because we also want to go to 50`s Prime Time on our HS day.
If someone finds out that they have the Christmas dinner/lunch on November 8 I will for sure book that date.

I just read that the train will be closed in December for the building of Tron.

Once a date is announced, will someone please post that here?

Thanks!

The train is a big part of our pre-party plan (Dec. 9).

Can someone please confirm that I don't need a park ticket, just a MVMCP ticket, for the party? And that it gets you in around 4pm?? Pretty sure I'm right but don't want to set my plans in stone on the off chance I misunderstood.

Can someone please confirm that I don't need a park ticket, just a MVMCP ticket, for the party? And that it gets you in around 4pm?? Pretty sure I'm right but don't want to set my plans in stone on the off chance I misunderstood.
Yes you are correct. You have to enter in the MVMCP entrance which is separate. You will get a wristband. It will be marked and it will be crowded at 4pm. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

I actually just talked with a CM online, and they said that 4pm wasn't really a set time -- just when they "historically" have let people in based on park capacity. Has anyone ever had any trouble getting in around 4pm however? We're going to the Dec. 16 party if that helps -- it wasn't one of the most expensive parties, so that makes me think it's not expected to be the busiest.

I just read that the train will be closed in December for the building of Tron.

Once a date is announced, will someone please post that here?

Thanks!

The train is a big part of our pre-party plan (Dec. 9).

I definitely plan other things around the actual party too.

If referring to this...https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/08/attention-users-tron-attraction-update-now-loading/, DPB typically posts again when dates are known.

Also, refer here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

I actually just talked with a CM online, and they said that 4pm wasn't really a set time -- just when they "historically" have let people in based on park capacity. Has anyone ever had any trouble getting in around 4pm however? We're going to the Dec. 16 party if that helps -- it wasn't one of the most expensive parties, so that makes me think it's not expected to be the busiest.
I don’t think there is anything officially posted anywhere on the 4 pm entrance, but that’s how it’s worked for every party for years. Should that practice change for 2018, it will definitely be reported here!

If you have a regular PH and are already in the park before MVMCP is to start do they have a location inside the park where you can get your wristband for the party? Or do we have to exit and re-enter at the main entrance? And I assume they issue wristbands for the party but I can't remember as its been 6 yrs. Since we went the last time. I know at DL for MHP they have wristbands and have stations in the park set up where you can get the wristbands if your already in the park.

If you have a regular PH and are already in the park before MVMCP is to start do they have a location inside the park where you can get your wristband for the party? Or do we have to exit and re-enter at the main entrance? And I assume they issue wristbands for the party but I can't remember as its been 6 yrs. Since we went the last time. I know at DL for MHP they have wristbands and have stations in the park set up where you can get the wristbands if your already in the park.

They have stations set up in the park where you can get your wristbands.

Does anyone know at what time Tom Sawyer Island closes on party days? I’m going on 11/8 (spending the morning at HS and looking to head into MK around 3pm).

Does anyone know at what time Tom Sawyer Island closes on party days? I’m going on 11/8 (spending the morning at HS and looking to head into MK around 3pm).

Touring Plans says 5pm. That seems familiar with what I remember from previous parties, that it closed an hour before park closing.

So we are attending our first party and the first party of the year. I'm trying to make a plan on what order to do things. We aren't big on the rides as we have 10 day PH's and plenty of time at MK. If we can get a ride on JC and 7DMT we will be happy but it's not a must do.

Here's our plan with previous years times:

5 pm - Get in line for the Seven Dwaves
6:30 pm - Hope to be done
Go over to Club Tinnsel after to check it out
7:40 - Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
8:15 - Frozen Holiday Wish
8:35 - Totally TL Christmas
9:00 - Voice Play
10 pm - Wishes
11 pm - Parade

Try to get a ride onto JC and 7DMT after the parade.

When do they usually release the times for the party? I will be there 11/2-11/11 and going to the 11/8 party.

So we are attending our first party and the first party of the year. I'm trying to make a plan on what order to do things. We aren't big on the rides as we have 10 day PH's and plenty of time at MK. If we can get a ride on JC and 7DMT we will be happy but it's not a must do.

Here's our plan with previous years times:

5 pm - Get in line for the Seven Dwaves
6:30 pm - Hope to be done
Go over to Club Tinnsel after to check it out
7:40 - Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
8:15 - Frozen Holiday Wish
8:35 - Totally TL Christmas
9:00 - Voice Play
10 pm - Wishes
11 pm - Parade

Try to get a ride onto JC and 7DMT after the parade.

When do they usually release the times for the party? I will be there 11/2-11/11 and going to the 11/8 party.
Now I have to look up all these events you have,listed. I haven't been to MVMCP in many years and all I had on my list was 7 Dwarfs, the Christmas parade and the fireworks. Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter