"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you usually see sellouts dates on MVMCP? Trying to wait to buy as I’m not sure yet if someone in party can join us and these tickets are not refundable. Thank you!

This is a photo snap I took of November last year. I unfortunately lost the one of December.

Attachments

• 3C9E1157-4F5E-47E7-81AA-EA3437C3EF25.png
    3C9E1157-4F5E-47E7-81AA-EA3437C3EF25.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 43
Do you know when the Nov dates sold out? We are actually going in Dec but I was wondering if it’s safe to wait till midAugust to book. Really wish these were refundable when buying so early. Not transferable either.

Do you know when the Nov dates sold out. We are actually going in Dec but I was wondering if it’s safe to wait till midAugust to book. Really wish these were refundable when buying so early. Not transferable either.

That I don’t know :( I had snapped the photos after my husband and I were discussing doing the Xmas parties this year and I took pics of the dates for future reference.

I do agree about wishing they were refundable. It’s hard to plan things months in advance sometimes.

what are these two events?
From what I can tell (I’ve never actually done them myself), Disney Springs has hidden cut outs of stitch in the various stores. You get a sort of scavenger hunt clue map to help you along the way. Then once you find them all, you get a button. (I know it doesn’t sound amazing, but my kids are soooo into scavenger hunts now.) The Christmas Tree Trail seems to be displays of Christmas trees throughout DS. I’m sure they’re beautiful if they’re decorated by Disney:)

So this is a little bit of a “spin-off” question.

I want to do all things Christmas at Disney this year. With work, the best time for me to go will be the week of November 10th. I’m already bummed that my resort may not be decorated then. But I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing out on the festivities at the parks.

MVMCP is definitely happening then, but I can’t find the start dates for the Christmas Tree Trail at DS or Stitch’s Gift Hunt.
Does anyone know these dates?

Also are there other festivities I’m not aware of at HS, Epcot, or AK?

Thanks!
Opening dates for the DS activities have not been announced yet. But IIRC, they didn’t start until around thanksgiving last year?

HS will have Jingle Bell Jingle BAM (fireworks/projection show) - has started early November the last 2 years.

Epcot does the Festival of the Holidays and Candlelight Processional - historically that’s started the day after thanksgiving.

From what I can tell (I’ve never actually done them myself), Disney Springs has hidden cut outs of stitch in the various stores. You get a sort of scavenger hunt clue map to help you along the way. Then once you find them all, you get a button. (I know it doesn’t sound amazing, but my kids are soooo into scavenger hunts now.) The Christmas Tree Trail seems to be displays of Christmas trees throughout DS. I’m sure they’re beautiful if they’re decorated by Disney:)
I get it. It's those little fun special things that make Disney magical. Thanks for explaining.

Hi! We're first timers going to the party on 11/29. Do most people attend parties just to meet rare characters like Moana and the 7 Dwarfs? We were primarily hoping for shorter ride lines and a fun parade and I was wondering if a lot of the guests that attend will be wrapped up in meet & greet lines, therefore making ride lines shorter?
Ooooo See ya there! We are only hoping to meet the 7 dwarfs and Jack, then hitting the rides for the night.

Are you going to Epcot during your trip? If you were, your girls could meet Anna and Elsa there.
As of right now, No. But, I have definitely considered it. Right now we have 4 park tickets (2 MK, 1 AK, 1 HS). My DH is a big Star Wars fan so I wanted to arrange this day to be for him, plus my girls love Toy Story. In addition to the 2 MK days, we have the MVMCP ticket. So essentially, its 3 days at MK, but the party day wont really be for rides as much as it will be for christmas exclusives. I have thought about swapping a MK day for an Epcot day, mainly for Frozen Ever After, Finding Nemo....The problem is on 1 MK day I have a BOG reservation and on the 2nd MK day I have a CRT reservation. I don't want to give those up. That's the only thing keeping us from going to Epcot. I'm still going back and forth on what to do.

As of right now, No. But, I have definitely considered it. Right now we have 4 park tickets (2 MK, 1 AK, 1 HS). My DH is a big Star Wars fan so I wanted to arrange this day to be for him, plus my girls love Toy Story. In addition to the 2 MK days, we have the MVMCP ticket. So essentially, its 3 days at MK, but the party day wont really be for rides as much as it will be for christmas exclusives. I have thought about swapping a MK day for an Epcot day, mainly for Frozen Ever After, Finding Nemo....The problem is on 1 MK day I have a BOG reservation and on the 2nd MK day I have a CRT reservation. I don't want to give those up. That's the only thing keeping us from going to Epcot. I'm still going back and forth on what to do.

I’ve never done this... but have you thought about park hopping if your dining reservations would allow it? Then you could do half Epcot and half MK.

Did any of you going on the 29th get dinner reservations? I got almost everything I wanted on my 180-day mark, but nothing was open for dinner except late during the party and I didn't want to do that. Hoping a BOG reservation opens up around 5pm!

Did any of you going on the 29th get dinner reservations? I got almost everything I wanted on my 180-day mark, but nothing was open for dinner except late during the party and I didn't want to do that. Hoping a BOG reservation opens up around 5pm!

I did book a reservation, but it wasn't anything special (BOG, CRT, CP. We had those booked for other dates). We just did the Plaza so we'd be done in time for the party. Last year when we were in Disney for MNSSHP, my Sister in law was able to score a last minute holiday party reservation for BOG at 6. So things could still open up.

I did book a reservation, but it wasn't anything special (BOG, CRT, CP. We had those booked for other dates). We just did the Plaza so we'd be done in time for the party. Last year when we were in Disney for MNSSHP, my Sister in law was able to score a last minute holiday party reservation for BOG at 6. So things could still open up.
I booked Kona at the Polynesian at 5pm, because I thought the menu looked good, and wanted a break from the park (we will be there at rope drop and staying all day!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter