"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive to WDW on black Friday and leave December 1st. I'm thinking the Sunday or Tuesday party, but wife has some vision in her head that ending our trip would be more magical ending with a party on Friday the 30th. Please inform me how Friday night crowds are at the parties? Which day would you chose?

Well, your wife has the same vision of a magical ending as I do :D We have ended our last 2 trips with a party night and both were on a Friday night. Last year the Christmas party on the week after Thanksgiving which was sold out and before that we did a Halloween party the Friday before Halloween on a Friday night and I believe it was also sold out or close to. Since I have not been to a party that was not pretty full I have nothing to compare to, but we still were able to walk on rides. I do not regret it. I don't know if you have kids, but this works for us because it's hard to get my daughter to stay up and then do a lot the next day so we do it the night before we head home. Doing a Friday night party on our last night again this November!

We arrive to WDW on black Friday and leave December 1st. I'm thinking the Sunday or Tuesday party, but wife has some vision in her head that ending our trip would be more magical ending with a party on Friday the 30th. Please inform me how Friday night crowds are at the parties? Which day would you chose?
I would always choose the weekday party over the Friday party for the possibility of a lower crowd.

Additionally, I would want to do the party earlier in the trip when you have more stamina to get through a late night.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I have her talked into the Tuesday party and taking a park break on Wednesday so we can recover and rest up to finish the week.

Fri Enjoy the resort, Springs for Dinner
Sat BBB Monorail Resort tour and Ohana
Sun Universal
Mon Epcot/MK for Happily Ever After
Tue Party
Wed Rest Day
Thur Toy Story Land then Animal kingdom
Friday Magic Kingdom

Can you see the projections on the castle in either of these dessert party locations? It looks like tomorrowland terrace one is pretty far away and not a good view of the projections on the castle.
There aren’t a ton of projections in this show, but Garden will be the better view of what they do have. You can see them from the terrace, but trees block a good portion of the bottom of the castle. This photo was taken from the terrace on a MVMCP night - the black blob covering most of the white stripe is a tree.
D77FE8E8-3142-412B-A603-ADB23ABC5070.jpeg

What time did Moana start meeting? Do we need to line up at 4? This is the most important character for my daughter to meet. I have never been to a party before so thanks for any help!

She started @ 5:45pm last year. After her, we headed to meet Nick & Judy.

For those that do ADRs on party day what time do you usually have your ADR? We have a 4:40 pm ADR at BOG. Am I crazy to do this time?

Also my plan was to do 7 Dwarves meet by getting in line around 5 pm. That won't be happening now. When else is a good time to get in line to meet them? I read late at night. When do they end their meet?

For those that do ADRs on party day what time do you usually have your ADR? We have a 4:40 pm ADR at BOG. Am I crazy to do this time?

Also my plan was to do 7 Dwarves meet by getting in line around 5 pm. That won't be happening now. When else is a good time to get in line to meet them? I read late at night. When do they end their meet?
I have an ADR at 2:30. I figured we would eat an early breakfast, a late lunch and then snack for the rest of the evening. I also plan on the 7 dwarfs. So my strategy was to be in line at 5pm and with the 2:30pm ADR this is definitely possible. I saw the 7 dwarfs line in 2012 when we went to MVMCP and it was insanely long. We didnt wait because it was too long and we didnt read up on the party as we were new to the DIS so, we were really uninformed.

You have a good dinner time. We try to get an ADR for anywhere between 4 or 5. We don’t do the character meets so can’t help with that question.

We've only done MNSSHP before and did not do any ADRs. But this year we arrive on Sunday and are doing the Sunday night party. We made an ADR for CRT at 4:30 (we've never been able to get a reservation there before). That will get us out to the park about 6:00 when everyone else should be starting to leave except party guests. Hopefully you get the 7 Dwarves meet.

Dumb question but here it goes anyway. Has anyone been able to get a refund for MVMCP tickets due to medical reasons? I was planning a December trip with my parents, but my father was diagnosed with heart failure and had to be flown via air ambulance to a medical university. Anyway, he's made a lot of progress in the last two weeks considering the doctor told us he was on his death bed at the hospital in our town, but we have no idea if he will be able to do a Disney trip in 6 months. We want to wait as long as possible to see how he progresses, but at the same time don't know if canceling early would increase our chance of getting a refund.

Dumb question but here it goes anyway. Has anyone been able to get a refund for MVMCP tickets due to medical reasons? I was planning a December trip with my parents, but my father was diagnosed with heart failure and had to be flown via air ambulance to a medical university. Anyway, he's made a lot of progress in the last two weeks considering the doctor told us he was on his death bed at the hospital in our town, but we have no idea if he will be able to do a Disney trip in 6 months. We want to wait as long as possible to see how he progresses, but at the same time don't know if canceling early would increase our chance of getting a refund.

I did- they will give you the no refund speech- but ultimately they did refund my ticket purchase.

The end of the night is good. However, it depends on length of line. I've entered it around 11:30pm (stopped letting people in very shortly after my group) with no problem and another party line was closed due to number of people already in line.

Are you able to leave the party and re-enter? We have a 10yo and our twins will be 22ish months when we go to the party in November. At home, the twins go to bed at 7/7:30pm, and while we aren't planning to stick to bedtime at Disney (hoping they can make it until at least 10 or so with a long afternoon rest), if we find that they turn into a total disaster by 8pm or something, we may have to take them back to the resort early. I'm wondering if one of us can leave with them and the other stay with DS10, then maybe after a couple of hours switch off. We are staying at CR, so even though that wouldn't be ideal, it wouldn't be that hard to do as long as we are allowed to re-enter.

Does anyone have a sense how the lines are for the other characters--not Sandy Claws or Seven Dwarves. I would love some Christmas character shots but can't see waiting in too long of a line. At WDW last year we didn't wait for anything all week for more than 30 minutes, and MVMCP is an addon to a Universal trip with Express Pass. I don't think my husband will find waiting in longer lines than we ever have to be very festive. Do I have to just count characters out?

Does anyone have a sense how the lines are for the other characters--not Sandy Claws or Seven Dwarves. I would love some Christmas character shots but can't see waiting in too long of a line. At WDW last year we didn't wait for anything all week for more than 30 minutes, and MVMCP is an addon to a Universal trip with Express Pass. I don't think my husband will find waiting in longer lines than we ever have to be very festive. Do I have to just count characters out?

I was curious about that too, especially the princesses. I read online that princes would be with princesses during the party and I’m curious how those waits look. We’ve done the Halloween parties in the past and used that time to meet the princesses. But with no princes, there wasn’t any wait.

I would love some Christmas character shots but can't see waiting in too long of a line.

This is part of the reason why I have an ADR at Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine. I want my photos with Santa Goofy and Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Daisy in holiday attire but I don't want the long lines.

I was curious about that too, especially the princesses. I read online that princes would be with princesses during the party and I’m curious how those waits look. We’ve done the Halloween parties in the past and used that time to meet the princesses. But with no princes, there wasn’t any wait.
The princess/prince lines will be lengthy - in the past we’ve lined up around 6:15/6:30 to be among the first group to meet them so we don’t waste too much party time. If that doesn’t work with your schedule, try during parades/fireworks or at the end of the night.

The lines aren’t too bad to be honest. We got all the characters had treats fireworks and parade.

The princess/prince lines will be lengthy - in the past we’ve lined up around 6:15/6:30 to be among the first group to meet them so we don’t waste too much party time. If that doesn’t work with your schedule, try during parades/fireworks or at the end of the night.

Thank you for the information! We have some dining reservations which won’t allow us to line up early, but we will try the parade/firework time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter