"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

The plan is to watch the 2nd parade from Frontierland wherever we can get a good spot. If it's closer to Liberty Square, we were thinking about HM but if closer to Adventureland, we were going to try for POTC. However Hocus Pocus is the priority since it's unique to the party and we're already riding HM with a FP and don't feel like we'd be missing too much if we didn't make the live action pirates. Are we cutting it too close?
If HP is your priority then I wouldn’t risk trying to fit in a ride.

All this talk about candy and taking it home....luckily our first party is the first night we get there so I’m thinking most of the candy might be gone by the time we leave lol

I have three sad kids staying home. If I don’t come home with an oogie boogie popcorn bucket, a headless horseman clip and a bagful or two of candy, I will never hear the end of it. :)

Tiki Room closes at 5pm on party days (same as Pete’s Silly Sideshow).

FWIW, you can check the Times Guide for attraction hours: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Or Disney’s website (change the date on the right): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/enchanted-tiki-room/

Do you have any idea when they update the Times Guide when I use the link it still shows the Times Guide Schedule for 8/19-8/25

Although I am back home I am planning my future Halloween vacation for 2020. It is easier to do 2 parties then to cram all in one night!! Plus I would rather go in October than early on, it just did not feel like halloween in August but I did have fun!!!!

Seriously considering adding a second party this year. Already bought tix for 9/3, but leaning heavily towards also getting tix for our arrival day of 8/31. I think I can justify the cost for all the money I would save buying trick or treat candy, right? :rolleyes1
I feel like such a grouch but I do not get the candy thing at all. Large bags of candy are $10 at your local target and you don’t have to wait in lines for it all night or lug it home/keep it from melting/save it until Halloween. I get trick or treating is fun but beyond a small bag of treats I’m not getting it. It being free only goes so far before it becomes a pain. So yeah spending another $100 for some additional candy isn’t adding up to me :rotfl:

I feel like such a grouch but I do not get the candy thing at all. Large bags of candy are $10 at your local target and you don’t have to wait in lines for it all night or lug it home/keep it from melting/save it until Halloween. I get trick or treating is fun but beyond a small bag of treats I’m not getting it. It being free only goes so far before it becomes a pain. So yeah spending another $100 for some additional candy isn’t adding up to me :rotfl:

I have 3 kids. They love trick or treating. CM (usually) give huge handfuls to kids. It does not take many stops to fill bags. And I thought it was obvious that I was only joking about not having to buy Halloween candy being a justification for attending a second party. Maybe you -need a snickers. Maybe you are hangry. :P <-- just a joke!

I am looking at a second party so I can do everything I want. I want one party to focus on the Meet & greets and the other for rides, parades etc. The candy is just langiappe

I have 3 kids. They love trick or treating. CM (usually) give huge handfuls to kids. It does not take many stops to fill bags. And I thought it was obvious that I was only joking about not having to buy Halloween candy being a justification for attending a second party. Maybe you -need a snickers. Maybe you are hangry. :P <-- just a joke!

Funny, but, yikes, wouldn't that be like $250+ for all of you?

My family had a really successful first MNSSHP ever! We met every character we wanted and saw the parade, fireworks and Hocus Pocus which were big priorities for us. Here's how our itinerary went:

Arrived at 3:45 for 4pm opening. Got Sorcerer card right away.
4:50 - lined up for 7 Dwarfs and took turns getting food, checking out merchandise in Big Top, etc.
7:10 - met Dwarfs
7:15 - got in line for Tweedles - kids trick or treat while waiting - met at 8:05 as rain started really coming down and we were moved to overhang of Tea Cups
8:10 - got in line for Lotso - kids trick or treat while waiting - met at 8:45
8:50 - rain stopped as we found a spot for the parade across from Country Bears - parade 9:15 (no Headless Horseman)
9:30 - met Gravediggers
9:45 - met Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear
9:55 - found spot for fireworks by Casey's - fireworks 10:00
10:25 - magic shot by Adventureland bridge
10:30 -10:40 - lined up and met Jane and Terk
10:45 - 11:05 - lined up and met Aladdin and Abu
11:10 - 11:35 - trick or treating - saw Headless Horseman! - rode carousel
11:40 - 11:55 - rode Pirates
12:00 - watched Hocus Pocus show

Overall we loved it and can't wait for next year's party!

We are attending two Parties in October and will hit trick or treating hard from 9:30 to midnight. It’s just myself and my 10 year old son. I’m sure that he isn’t going to like my plan to do meet and greets from 4 till 7 and then magic shots throughout the night (if lines aren’t more than 10-15 minutes, preferably less). We will attend one parade per night, no fireworks (I’ll watch them October 26 from The Top Of The World lounge after we get back from the 8 PM return to sleepy hallow movie). We have rides covered from 1 till 4 both Party nights. We will watch HP on of the two nights at midnight. So, if trick or treating for 2 to 2.5 hours at the end of the night, even circling stations with no waits, makes him happy, then that makes me happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter