"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this. I am Looking at people planning on being at WDW and October regular hours changing are making me nervous picking a party date. The party is the only time we will be in the parks, so I am getting nervous about super crowded and sold out parties (like tonight.) Any advice as to which would be best, Sunday September 30, or Tuesday October 2? I am assuming we will be avoiding holiday crowds, but now I am hearing some schools have fall break that week in Georgia. Anything else I need to consider? I really want to buy our party tickets as it is getting closer, but don’t know which date. Also, this close and not going to parks, will we get our tickets in time or how do we get in if we leave before our tickets are mailed to us? (We leave the 28th.)

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this. I am Looking at people planning on being at WDW and October regular hours changing are making me nervous picking a party date. The party is the only time we will be in the parks, so I am getting nervous about super crowded and sold out parties (like tonight.) Any advice as to which would be best, Sunday September 30, or Tuesday October 2? I am assuming we will be avoiding holiday crowds, but now I am hearing some schools have fall break that week in Georgia. Anything else I need to consider? I really want to buy our party tickets as it is getting closer, but don’t know which date. Also, this close and not going to parks, will we get our tickets in time or how do we get in if we leave before our tickets are mailed to us? (We leave the 28th.)

I think a Tuesday would be a better bet than Sunday. And longer opening hours at MK only help out daytime crowds at MK on party days. Why pay to stay until just 6 pm when you can pay the same price and stay until 11? I hope they keep extending some of the hours!

I can’t advise on the first part, but re your second question: you can collect your party tickets at any Guest Services, at any point - it doesn’t need to be at MK or on the day of the party. If you don’t plan on being in the parks, you can collect them at Guest Services at DS.

Last edited:

I've read on multiple other blogs and here on this forum that Tuesdays are less crowded than Sundays for MNSSHP, but I've also read that September is less busy than October. It's probably not going to make much of a difference, but if I had the choice, I would opt for the Tuesday.

Don't have your tickets snail-mailed to you. After you purchase online, just print out the email confirmation with the barcode and bring that, along with the credit card you used to make the purchase plus your ID to the TTC or to MK, and you will get your plastic credit-card-sized "tickets" there. The tickets have an RFID chip in them, just like the MagicBands, so they work the same way.

Have fun at your party!

Quick report
Met Pooh and friends at 7pm then walked around (streaming) lots of long lines for candy but ride lines don't look bad.
Picked up the sotmk card, Starbucks pumpkin latte and mickey cheesecake and currently sitting in a very empty main street waiting for the parade
Photopass photographers only have about 3 groups of people in line.
Btw the pumpkin cheesecake is delicious

Quick report
Met Pooh and friends at 7pm then walked around (streaming) lots of long lines for candy but ride lines don't look bad.
Picked up the sotmk card, Starbucks pumpkin latte and mickey cheesecake and currently sitting in a very empty main street waiting for the parade
Photopass photographers only have about 3 groups of people in line.
Btw the pumpkin cheesecake is delicious
Agreed about candy and PP lines. 7DMT has been down a while already. Saw people being evacuated around 7:30.

Also, this close and not going to parks, will we get our tickets in time or how do we get in if we leave before our tickets are mailed to us? (We leave the 28th.)

Do you have a MDE account? Is everyone in your group in your MDE account (or can be put into your MDE account)? Do all of you have Magic Bands?

If yes to all of the above - order your party tickets online. You provide your email address. The tickets will appear in your MDE account. Use your Magic Bands for the party tickets. No need to wait in line for hard tickets.

Or order by phone. I believe you will get an email with a confirmation number for each ticket. Go into your MDE account and enter the number for each ticket. Use your Magic Bands for the party tickets. No need to wait in line for hard tickets.

If you don’t have Magic Bands, then follow the advice from others about picking up your tickets when you get there.

Just FYI, there were CMs at the entrance with a huge stack of RFID cards asking if anyone waiting to come in had paper tickets. It looked like they were exchanging the paper tickets for the plastic card.

Anyone have photos of them
Meeting Brer Rabbit? That’s one of my must dos. I’ve been wondering
How that’s been going on party nights. I’m
Hoping for some
Pics on 9/25 when we are there.

I was in Frontierland mainly during when it was raining. I saw both Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit at different times almost hiding under the cover around Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe taking pictures and interacting with maybe one group each and nobody waiting. Almost didn't even see them.

Well, hopefully, it's as Rapunzel! ;)
What date? We are going 10/9

I always look for a pass through. They will close it off and then let people move over and fill it in, usually the one nearest to the shooting gallery area

This exactly! We strolled up 10-15 before the parade started with groups already 3+deep. Stood right at the edge of the pass through (where tape was supposed to be but had washed off from the rain) and had a front row spot no problem. Others tried to do the same but the CM were kindly telling them they could stand near it to take the spot when they close it, but had to keep it open until they closed it off.

Hi!

We arrived at the TTC around 2:45 on 9/9/18, and both the ferries plus the monorails were open and running. I would assume it would be the same for every MNSSHP date. I think monorail would be faster to get over to MK, but since we weren't in any great hurry, and since there was a ferry already at the dock, we took the ferry.

If you want to be let in to MK right at 4:00, I think you should get to the MK gates no later than 3:15 or 3:20...possibly earlier if you are going toward the end of October. Look for any entrance that is labeled "Event Entrance," and get in line at one that a bunch of people aren't already crowding. For some reason, when we arrived at 3:20, almost everyone was piled up at the middle three or four entrances. We found an entrance to the right closest to the DVC entrance where no one was standing yet, so we stood there and ended up being the first people let in for the party around 3:55.

Take water and possibly an umbrella to shield yourself from the sun because that 35 minutes we spent waiting there at the entrance were some of the hottest minutes I've ever experienced in my life, and I'm a Florida native.

Have fun at your party! I hope you'll have beautiful weather!

I live in similar weather in Houston, and it was definitely crazy hot even for me too and I typically adjust to any temperature

I really hope someone can help me.

I went to MNSSHP on 9/9/2018. I purchased my tickets that day, so I did not use my magic band. I had some magic shots taken and received the photo pass card. I can see all of my photos on mydisneyphotopass.com

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the one day Memory Maker. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanking you in advance!

I think someone said it already, but you can only get the 1-Day Memory Maker on the App. I had the same issue until I looked on the app.

I was in Frontierland mainly during when it was raining. I saw both Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit at different times almost hiding under the cover around Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe taking pictures and interacting with maybe one group each and nobody waiting. Almost didn't even see them.

This exactly! We strolled up 10-15 before the parade started with groups already 3+deep. Stood right at the edge of the pass through (where tape was supposed to be but had washed off from the rain) and had a front row spot no problem. Others tried to do the same but the CM were kindly telling them they could stand near it to take the spot when they close it, but had to keep it open until they closed it off.

I live in similar weather in Houston, and it was definitely crazy hot even for me too and I typically adjust to any temperature

I think someone said it already, but you can only get the 1-Day Memory Maker on the App. I had the same issue until I looked on the app.
I bought my one day MM ticket at the photopass register inside of the theater where tinker bell n Mickey meet. The general man there set up my MM on my phone using the app.

I looked at the costume guidelines but I still can't figure this out. Can kids bring a lightsaber as part of their costume? It says you can't have anything that could strike someone but don't they sell make your own lightsabers in the park?

Yes, my son was a Jedi for our party and brought his lightsaber. They are on the 'approved' weapons list.

We’re here tonight. It’s crazy crowded, but ride lines moving fast. Candy lines a little nutty. Dessert party not worth the $$

I always look for a pass through. They will close it off and then let people move over and fill it in, usually the one nearest to the shooting gallery area

This is a good idea but keep in mind some pass through serve also as emergency exits for the performers in case of a problem during the parade. I know the one right by sleepy hollow has been such in the past and have personally witnessed Cast members insisting on people remaining clear of that pass through. On one occasion when people speaking Spanish didn’t understand (or pretended not to) they went and got a supervisor to come over to tell them in Spanish they had to move or they would be removed. I’d suggest if anyone plans to do this to double check with the cast members working the ropes where you are at to ensure they will be closing the pass through off and you can move over for a good spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter