"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Question about our itinerary
Can we do all these things listed below if we arrive at 04:30pm and go straight to Jack line?
  • Jack Skellington
  • Jafar
  • Lotso
  • Mickey
  • Elvis Stitch
  • Pooh & friends
+ HalloWishes + 2nd Parade + last stage show

Question about our itinerary
Can we do all these things listed below if we arrive at 04:30pm and go straight to Jack line?
  • Jack Skellington
  • Jafar
  • Lotso
  • Mickey
  • Elvis Stitch
  • Pooh & friends
+ HalloWishes + 2nd Parade + last stage show
If you want to meet Jack you're going to want to be there in line to get in the park by 3:15-3:30 and head straight to him.

I am trying to guess our wait times for Jack and Sally. We are going on a Tuesday 9/11 which is supposed to be below average for crowds. We will get there to be let in by at least 4:00. We have FPs for Tiana and 7D that we can do back to back. We will then line up for J&S. So probably 4:45ish. I am guessing a 1.5-2 hour wait. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

What are peoples thoughts on taking the kids (7&10) on a couple rides in the middle of that wait while one parent stays? I have never done it before and generally don't like the idea but that is a long time for kids to wait. Not to mention hard on those in line with us.

I am trying to guess our wait times for Jack and Sally. We are going on a Tuesday 9/11 which is supposed to be below average for crowds. We will get there to be let in by at least 4:00. We have FPs for Tiana and 7D that we can do back to back. We will then line up for J&S. So probably 4:45ish. I am guessing a 1.5-2 hour wait. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

What are peoples thoughts on taking the kids (7&10) on a couple rides in the middle of that wait while one parent stays? I have never done it before and generally don't like the idea but that is a long time for kids to wait. Not to mention hard on those in line with us.
I think you could probably expect a 2 hour wait if you get in line at 4:45ish.

As to your second question, we are planning on tag teaming with another DISer so we both get to do the things we want to do. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't have 20 people coming to the line at once lol. I agree that is a long time for kids to stand and wait for a character.

I posted a youtube video some pages before where there is a m&g with mickey and minnie. This is my first party so I don't know if they are dressed in different costums.
Was this the video that had them meeting together? If so, that was a “press event” - though can anyone comment as the whether that’s what they’re wearing in their individual greets this year?

These are my plans thus far!
Party is October 25
What does everyone think?? I dont want it to be so crazy planned we miss the atmosphere of the party!

Get there at 4 and get wristbands! I have a couple Fastpasses from 4-5.
5/5:15 Line up for Moana (eat in line)
6:20-8:20 Rides and See Elvis Stitch
8:20 wait for parade in Frontierland
9:15 Parade
10:15 Fireworks
10:30-12 Rides Characters and Candy

I think you could probably expect a 2 hour wait if you get in line at 4:45ish.

As to your second question, we are planning on tag teaming with another DISer so we both get to do the things we want to do. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't have 20 people coming to the line at once lol. I agree that is a long time for kids to stand and wait for a character.

Thank you. Looks like it is best to line up right away for J&S together. Then one parent and the kids can leave and do the FPs.

The reports last night were they were near Haunted Mansion along the fence but looks to me like HM is just in background

Dk1zQiBUYAAsP3D.jpg

By the look of this photo of the Grave Diggers it appears they meet earlier then 7pm?

These are my plans thus far!
Party is October 25
What does everyone think?? I dont want it to be so crazy planned we miss the atmosphere of the party!

Get there at 4 and get wristbands! I have a couple Fastpasses from 4-5.
5/5:15 Line up for Moana (eat in line)
6:20-8:20 Rides and See Elvis Stitch
8:20 wait for parade in Frontierland
9:15 Parade
10:15 Fireworks
10:30-12 Rides Characters and Candy
I’d watch reports on Moana - you may need to line up earlier than 5:15 if you want to be done around 6.

I assume your AP is already activated? If so, just ensure the tickets are linked in MDE and you’re good to go. I remember printing out everything for my first party as an AP and needed none of it.
No I activate it when I get there a couple of days before party

Hi everyone. I hope this is correct/ok to post here and you all can give me some guidance. I actually have read all 370+ pages here over the course of the last month, but im still unclear on a few things.

We are attending the party on 9/18, and this is our only Disney day this trip unfortunately. Since we are staying offsite, what time should we aim to get to the parking lot if we want to be able to enter right at 4. I thought I read somewhere that it takes almost an hour after parking to get from the lot to the gate.

After we are inside, will we want/need to go to the bypass? I think I understand that we will receive our wristbands as we enter, but will then want to go to the bypass to do some photos/get our treat bags.

Since this is our only disney day this time, our main goal is to be doing rides. However I do want to be able to let my son (and me) trick or treat, get some photos, and try to catch the parade/hallowishes. I am considering doing the one day memory maker for the party only, but want to be able to get my moneys worth with it. So thank you all for the list of characters/magic shots! Im trying to work something out of what photo-wise I should aim to get. I would like to get some character M&G as well, but to be honest am not picky on that. As much as I would like Moana, Im not waiting in line for that. I also dont know if my son will end up just crying if we try to meet characters, so dont want to waste too much time in lines in case that happens. Do you have suggestions on characters that have the shortest lines? I think he would most enjoy meeting Mickey/minnie/pluto/etc, but again, Im not too picky. Part of my goal is just to get photos and the other is to see how he does with characters.

Given all that would anyone be willing to help me with a bit of a game plan? Heres what I have thus far

4:00-4:20 - Arrive, get bands/treat bags/pose for a couple photos
4:20 - POTC (FP ending at 4:30)
4:30- 5:30 - Jungle cruise FP, wander over to adventure land
5:30 - 6 pm - FP Buzz lightyear space ranger spin
and then after that Im pretty much lost! I dont know if we should use the in between hour to get a snack, get photos, go on some rides, or try to line up for a character or what!

Thanks! Im torn on exactly what I want to do . Like I said, were not desperate to do any specific characters and dont want to spend all night in line, but it also seems silly to NOT meet any characters. I still think Mickey might be best bet as a character my son will recognize. I dont recall seeing about wait times for him, did I miss that somewhere that someone can point me to?

I did have this tentative schedule worked out, but after my FP its not specific at all.
3:45 Arrive at MK Party Entrance
4-4:30 – enter, get treat bag, maybe some photo ops FP POTC
4:30-5:30 FP Jungle cruise
After JC, hit up CofP before 6pm close (dont know if this will even be open?)
5:30-6 FP Buzz Space Ranger Spin

After Fast passes:
6- 6:30 – space mountain/people mover/ speedway/whatever looks good and we have time for
6:30 – get in line for stitch/ someone get snacks (might sub out for Mickey or other character; just figured we were in tomorrowland already)
7:30-9:00 Rides and Trick or Treating around
9:15-10pm – parade wherever we can see from, or go get M&G photos? any characters having shorter lines at this point?
10:15-10:45 – hallowishes, again from wherever we are
11 pm-midnight – last few rides or photos, headless horseman shot as leaving

I don't know if its a good or bad thing that nothing is especially a "must see" for us, but I do want to make sure we get the full experience

CHeck out this thread and you will get lots of help.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...arty-–-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/

Was this the video that had them meeting together? If so, that was a “press event” - though can anyone comment as the whether that’s what they’re wearing in their individual greets this year?

See Post #6, I added the video, Prince Charming Dev. It was just Mickey.

if anyone signed up for the fireworks, before they took away the parade, and went to the party, can you go over what the steps are to take advantage of this? I did get the call, but they were still pretty vague on how it all works, and where you are located for the parade portion.

I’d watch reports on Moana - you may need to line up earlier than 5:15 if you want to be done around 6.

My daughter does not want to wait forever for her. So if we have to wait more than an hour we may scrap Moana and just do rides and shorter line M&Gs. Her priority is Elvis Stitch!

My daughter does not want to wait forever for her. So if we have to wait more than an hour we may scrap Moana and just do rides and shorter line M&Gs. Her priority is Elvis Stitch!
I keep forgetting about Stitch. Wondering how bad crowds will be during or immediately after the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter