"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Has anyone met Mickey and/or Minnie yet this year that can report back if their costumes are the same as last year? Thank you!

I posted a youtube video some pages before where there is a m&g with mickey and minnie. This is my first party so I don't know if they are dressed in different costums.

See Page 1, Post #6. Added after OP posted.

I shopped at 4pm at the Big Top. They have a section blocked off with merch and you show your wristband to go in.

Does the Big Top also have the party pins? I know that it says they have everything but I was burned by that once for an Epcot event when they said that MouseGears had everything, but in reality you could only get the pins from the pin trading place.

Hi everyone. I hope this is correct/ok to post here and you all can give me some guidance. I actually have read all 370+ pages here over the course of the last month, but im still unclear on a few things.

We are attending the party on 9/18, and this is our only Disney day this trip unfortunately. Since we are staying offsite, what time should we aim to get to the parking lot if we want to be able to enter right at 4. I thought I read somewhere that it takes almost an hour after parking to get from the lot to the gate.

After we are inside, will we want/need to go to the bypass? I think I understand that we will receive our wristbands as we enter, but will then want to go to the bypass to do some photos/get our treat bags.

Since this is our only disney day this time, our main goal is to be doing rides. However I do want to be able to let my son (and me) trick or treat, get some photos, and try to catch the parade/hallowishes. I am considering doing the one day memory maker for the party only, but want to be able to get my moneys worth with it. So thank you all for the list of characters/magic shots! Im trying to work something out of what photo-wise I should aim to get. I would like to get some character M&G as well, but to be honest am not picky on that. As much as I would like Moana, Im not waiting in line for that. I also dont know if my son will end up just crying if we try to meet characters, so dont want to waste too much time in lines in case that happens. Do you have suggestions on characters that have the shortest lines? I think he would most enjoy meeting Mickey/minnie/pluto/etc, but again, Im not too picky. Part of my goal is just to get photos and the other is to see how he does with characters.

Given all that would anyone be willing to help me with a bit of a game plan? Heres what I have thus far

4:00-4:20 - Arrive, get bands/treat bags/pose for a couple photos
4:20 - POTC (FP ending at 4:30)
4:30- 5:30 - Jungle cruise FP, wander over to adventure land
5:30 - 6 pm - FP Buzz lightyear space ranger spin
and then after that Im pretty much lost! I dont know if we should use the in between hour to get a snack, get photos, go on some rides, or try to line up for a character or what!

Hi everyone. I hope this is correct/ok to post here and you all can give me some guidance. I actually have read all 370+ pages here over the course of the last month, but im still unclear on a few things.

We are attending the party on 9/18, and this is our only Disney day this trip unfortunately. Since we are staying offsite, what time should we aim to get to the parking lot if we want to be able to enter right at 4. I thought I read somewhere that it takes almost an hour after parking to get from the lot to the gate.
It does take quite a while to get from the TTC to the front gate. It wouldn't hurt to plan to get onto Disney property at 3-3:15ish. That gives you plenty of time to park, ride the tram to the TTC, take the monorail over, and go through security. For the in between hour, I think it depends on the characters you want to see. I'm an AP but this is my first MNSSHP. I personally would use that time to ride rides, if this is your only Disney day. However, if there are characters you MUST see (like Mickey), then you might want to get in their line & get it out of the way. Someone who has been before can tell you better than me, but I suspect Mickey will be one of the ones with a long line all night.

You've already paid for your party ticket. MDE recognizes a voucher and gives you the discount. You will have to go to guest services to activate your AP though- at least that's how it worked for my last AP and I assume I'll have to do that this time as well.

Only if it’s new. If a renewal within window, no need to go back to Guest Services.

It does take quite a while to get from the TTC to the front gate. It wouldn't hurt to plan to get onto Disney property at 3-3:15ish. That gives you plenty of time to park, ride the tram to the TTC, take the monorail over, and go through security. For the in between hour, I think it depends on the characters you want to see. I'm an AP but this is my first MNSSHP. I personally would use that time to ride rides, if this is your only Disney day. However, if there are characters you MUST see (like Mickey), then you might want to get in their line & get it out of the way. Someone who has been before can tell you better than me, but I suspect Mickey will be one of the ones with a long line all night.

Thanks! Im torn on exactly what I want to do . Like I said, were not desperate to do any specific characters and dont want to spend all night in line, but it also seems silly to NOT meet any characters. I still think Mickey might be best bet as a character my son will recognize. I dont recall seeing about wait times for him, did I miss that somewhere that someone can point me to?

I did have this tentative schedule worked out, but after my FP its not specific at all.
3:45 Arrive at MK Party Entrance
4-4:30 – enter, get treat bag, maybe some photo ops FP POTC
4:30-5:30 FP Jungle cruise
After JC, hit up CofP before 6pm close (dont know if this will even be open?)
5:30-6 FP Buzz Space Ranger Spin

After Fast passes:
6- 6:30 – space mountain/people mover/ speedway/whatever looks good and we have time for
6:30 – get in line for stitch/ someone get snacks (might sub out for Mickey or other character; just figured we were in tomorrowland already)
7:30-9:00 Rides and Trick or Treating around
9:15-10pm – parade wherever we can see from, or go get M&G photos? any characters having shorter lines at this point?
10:15-10:45 – hallowishes, again from wherever we are
11 pm-midnight – last few rides or photos, headless horseman shot as leaving

I don't know if its a good or bad thing that nothing is especially a "must see" for us, but I do want to make sure we get the full experience

I will be getting my wristband at Philharmagic but would like to get some photos at the bypass. Do I have to be at the line just for the photos or I can go there skipping the line?

Yes. Just head to the Bypass to get your photos.

I did have this tentative schedule worked out, but after my FP its not specific at all.
3:45 Arrive at MK Party Entrance
4-4:30 – enter, get treat bag, maybe some photo ops FP POTC
4:30-5:30 FP Jungle cruise
After JC, hit up CofP before 6pm close (dont know if this will even be open?)
5:30-6 FP Buzz Space Ranger Spin

If seeing Mickey is a must you could consider getting a FP for him instead of one of your rides. You could then ride it later. It should save you time. It would just be the regular Mickey meet and greet though.

If seeing Mickey is a must you could consider getting a FP for him instead of one of your rides. You could then ride it later. It should save you time. It would just be the regular Mickey meet and greet though.

oooh thats a good idea. Unfortunately when i just checked there wasnt anything available. But maybe if we can manage to get on Jungle cruise right at 4:30, then we could meet mickey before we need to do our Buzz FP since "regular" mickey is there until 5:30

Last edited:
I'm at MCO right now. I had my candy in ziploc bags in regular carry-on. There was no hassle at all. My friends are here too. They had many bags of candy stuffed in their carry-on and didn't even put it in the bins. No hassle at all. Yeah!!!!
thanks for the info! we were wondering about that, specially since we're international visitors. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter