"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

wait, so what's with the "bypass"? i've been on this page since post number 1, but i keep missing any explanation of what the bypass is (and where and why). thanks!

Why doesn't Disney sell their Halloween candy items online...

Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treat
upload_2018-8-27_22-54-50.png

Mickey Pumpkin filled with Candy Corn
upload_2018-8-27_22-57-30.png

Why? Does anyone know? For the life of me I cannot remember if they ever sold them online. I would certainly purchase them for my friends here (and keep the containers!). :laughing:

Last edited:
I can't find the pumpkin prop anywhere. I guess it's not a popular prop lol. :confused3 I know for sure I saw it at last year's party though, so maybe someone else has a photo they can share.

I can't find the pumpkin prop anywhere. I guess it's not a popular prop lol. :confused3 I know for sure I saw it at last year's party though, so maybe someone else has a photo they can share.

Thank you so much for your time and effort. You're a real pal! Thank You! :hug:

I actually posted this in the wrong thread but anyway .... After reading all the horror stories about how crowded the parties are this year, I think I have made a decision. Now first of all, let me say this. We attended MVMCP on Dec 1st 2016. It was crowded but very manageable and we had a great time with all the festivities, ate some good treats and rode a lot of rides with minimal waits. 2017 we did MNSSHP on Sept. 12th. No one was there. At all. Really short lines for meet and greets, walked up to parade at the hub right before it started, got our pic with the Boo To You sigh, got lots of candy and rode everything many many times. My wife and little one went back to the Contemporary around 10ish and me and my then 6 year old rode Space 16 times. Yep 16 times. They let us just go around the wall at the exit and right back on so we didn't need to exit the long way. But, that was when Irma hit so it was a fluke. We did the party again on the 17th and even though it was a Sunday, it was so crazy busy we left really early. So back to my decision. I was on the verge of just cancelling the party after reading all the complaints about the first few but after a family talk and looking at our itinerary we decided to keep the party but walk back to the resort around 5:00. Take an hour or so to recharge and grab a bite to eat at the CL lounge then head back to MK (arrive around 8:00) that way we can stay for the second parade and hopefully ride what we want later in the night. Hopefully this plan works. If not it will be a very expensive lesson learned.

Last edited:
Ok I need opinions. We always attend the Thursday night party in September or October but for some reason this year there’s no party on that Thursday of our week in Disney. Our options are Friday September 28th or Sunday September 30th. I know Fridays locals like to attend but then I hear Sundays are pretty packed too...anyone attend either of these corresponding parties last year or want to just share your opinion???Thanks

Just purchased tix for Party on 9/3 they show up on my MDE so do I still need to show my AP and pick up hard tix at "will call" as indicated on my confirmation.

Me too and I'll be able to stay on top of all the info. The Magic Shot thread for the Halloween Party has been updated along with locations: Post #10

View attachment 346542

View attachment 346543

If I'm missing anything please let me know. @mgellman posted I'm missing a Hocus Pocus Frame Prop but I have not seen it, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.
Oh my the ghost ballroom dancers one is amazing!

I thought I read somewhere that the bypass closed at 6:00. Does that mean you can't get photos with these props after that time?

I heard that it closes at 6pm as well, but last year it closed at 7pm so we'll see. As for the photo props you will be able to get them in the park as well. I just don't have enough confirmed reports as for their location. You can't miss them though, they are a nice size.

wait, so what's with the "bypass"? i've been on this page since post number 1, but i keep missing any explanation of what the bypass is (and where and why). thanks!

I believe if you use your MNSSHP ticket to enter the park while the park is still open for people to enter with a regular ticket, the cast members funnel you toward a particular area which is referred to as "the bypass." There are some photo ops at the bypass. You are given a treat bag which already has a bag in it, about the size of a single serving potato chip bag, which contains treats. I entered the park using my MNSSHP ticket around 6:15 and nobody directed me to a bypass. There were castmembers just standing there putting wristbands on people. I had my own treat bag and I only got a Disney treat bag, at a trick or treat stop, much later when I realized that I was going to give some of my candy to a friend the next day and I needed something to put it in. I did not get the potato chip size special bag of treats but I didn't care. I am sorry I missed the photo ops. If I were to do it again, I think I would get there at 5:45 so that I could do the photo ops. I am assuming the bypass closes at 6:00 but I didn't go back to check page 1.

Just purchased tix for Party on 9/3 they show up on my MDE so do I still need to show my AP and pick up hard tix at "will call" as indicated on my confirmation.

If the MNSSHP ticket shows in your MDE account, you do not need to wait in line to get a hard ticket. I did bring my confirmation email with me in case there was an issue.

@Jimmy Mouse - I assume you’re spending the day also at MK the night of your MNSSHP ticket...also not sure what day of the week you’re attending. Since the party technically starts at 7:00, you can bet that’s when I’d be there if you’re aiming for going later. I fear 8:00 might be pushing it. Seems like 4 hours would be good but if never feels that way on a party day. No hurricanes just yet headed our way, but hard to say how busy the night will be when you are going. It’s your itinerary but for the cost of the hard ticket events, I’d cut MK short that day like 3 or 4, and aim to be back at the party earlier.

@PrincessMamma4 - it’s so hard to tell these days. I myself would pick Sunday over Friday. I don’t think either would be much of a HUGE difference, but my vote would be that Sunday might have slightly lesser crowds.

@Jimmy Mouse - I assume you’re spending the day also at MK the night of your MNSSHP ticket...also not sure what day of the week you’re attending. Since the party technically starts at 7:00, you can bet that’s when I’d be there if you’re aiming for going later. I fear 8:00 might be pushing it. Seems like 4 hours would be good but if never feels that way on a party day. No hurricanes just yet headed our way, but hard to say how busy the night will be when you are going. It’s your itinerary but for the cost of the hard ticket events, I’d cut MK short that day like 3 or 4, and aim to be back at the party.

We are going on Tuesday 9/9. We are doing MK that day and have 8FP+ (CL plus 2 anytime FP) so we won’t miss any rides during the day. Our last FP is at 4:00 so we will head out right after that. We may shoot for 7 but it depends on how the girls feel. I think an hour or so nap will make all the difference.

I believe if you use your MNSSHP ticket to enter the park while the park is still open for people to enter with a regular ticket, the cast members funnel you toward a particular area which is referred to as "the bypass." There are some photo ops at the bypass. You are given a treat bag which already has a bag in it, about the size of a single serving potato chip bag, which contains treats. I entered the park using my MNSSHP ticket around 6:15 and nobody directed me to a bypass. There were castmembers just standing there putting wristbands on people. I had my own treat bag and I only got a Disney treat bag, at a trick or treat stop, much later when I realized that I was going to give some of my candy to a friend the next day and I needed something to put it in. I did not get the potato chip size special bag of treats but I didn't care. I am sorry I missed the photo ops. If I were to do it again, I think I would get there at 5:45 so that I could do the photo ops. I am assuming the bypass closes at 6:00 but I didn't go back to check page 1.

But you can still go down the bypass if you walk to the front of the park? I'll already be in the park by 3. I'm returning from my ADR at The Wave at 3 (not DVC), so I planned to shop and then walk down the bypass right at 4.

But you can still go down the bypass if you walk to the front of the park? I'll already be in the park by 3. I'm returning from my ADR at The Wave at 3 (not DVC), so I planned to shop and then walk down the bypass right at 4.
Yes. Go to the entrance where the party goers are being let in to get your wristband. They will give them out as soon as they begin letting nonDVC party guests in. Then you can walk up the bypass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter