"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Other than they stated they were getting in line at 3:30. That the line was long by 3:50 and crazy by 4pm.

Color me confused too!

lol I don’t know what is so confusing about it...they managed to get in line before it got really crazy and therefore only had to wait 10 minutes when Jack and Sally came out.

At least that’s how I am taking it :confused3

lol I don’t know what is so confusing about it...they managed to get in line before it got really crazy and therefore only had to wait 10 minutes when Jack and Sally came out.

That's how I interpreted it too.

Glad that makes sense.

I count that as 40 minutes but.....

And they said they were about 10th in line so if Jack and Sally came out at 4pm they were meeting at the rate of 1 per minute?

Yeah, it was confusing.

Crowds seemed the same as always to me no matter if it's a sold out party or not. Pathways, walkways are often crowded and congested because of candy lines, lines for popcorn, people lining up along parade routes and meet and greets.

We went on 8/24 and it was busy, not like the light parties a few years ago. We found it hard to get everything done that we wanted because we had to take extra time to stake out our parade and show viewing spots. Trying to grab merch and some special treats made it hard to enjoy the atmosphere and ambiance. It's nothing like the original parties (which we remember fondly). Those were fun and had the vibe like the late-night Disney After Hours events.

Does anybody know how many people where there 8/24?

We had candy in our TSA-PreCheck carry-ons and they never opened the bags or asked to see the candy. Just sailed right through.

They waited 10 minutes for Jack and Sally once they came out. They weren’t talking about their total time in line.

And yeah 1 minute per person seems pretty reasonable to me.

Really not sure why this is such a big deal lol
I didn't know they were talking about once Jack and Sally came out. I thought they were talking about their total time. That's why I was so confused. I wasn't making a big deal about it at all.

Update - Halloween Magic Shots & More

Party Frames, Bulbs & Buttons

View attachment 346577

Currently all located at the Bypass / Market Street! If you were able to get any photos taken please let me know where. Again, I just got back from a two week trip last night and I'm trying to update for the next party! Thank you so much!

And thank you @mgellman for the photo prop! :thumbsup2
I thought I read somewhere that the bypass closed at 6:00. Does that mean you can't get photos with these props after that time?

I thought I read somewhere that the bypass closed at 6:00. Does that mean you can't get photos with these props after that time?

I heard that it closes at 6pm as well, but last year it closed at 7pm so we'll see. As for the photo props you will be able to get them in the park as well. I just don't have enough confirmed reports as for their location. You can't miss them though, they are a nice size.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been covered, but, how late can you get the "advanced purchase" price for tickets? Night before a party?

We usually buy ours well in advance, but we have some health issues this year and I wanted to wait before doing something nonrefundable! Thanks, Kat4disney!

We usually buy ours well in advance, but we have some health issues this year and I wanted to wait before doing something nonrefundable! Thanks, Kat4disney!

You're welcome! My waits are usually related to weather after "suffering" thru a miserable, rainy MVMCP one year. :santa: But I know that wait comes with a risk of tickets being higher priced or not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter