"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I was reading the first post for updated character locations. Does the green font represent characters coming out early (Moana @ 5:45 and Jack & Sally @ 5:00)? Do you have to have a party wristband to meet them? Sorry if this was already clarified
You absolutely must have a party wristband to meet the party exclusive characters. There has been some question as to when you must be wearing your wristband, though. At any time while you are line to meet a special character a CM can come and ask to see your band and if you don't have one you will need to leave the line.

Just planning our entrance as we'll be aiming to get to a FP with a 4:20 end time.

1. Are the SOTMK cards available in front of the fire house?
2. Cross across the street to enter the party bypass to pick up candy bag
3. Head to our FP.

Just making sure we go left originally then right? Too bad they didn't hand out the cards on the way to the bypass.

Thank you so much Cluelyss and ksromack!! I'll already be in the park and was just going to get my wristband before 7 but I guess I'll get it closer to 4!

For the wristband distribution for DVC folks -- was that only happening at the front entrance? Were any of the other wristband locations set up yet?

Hoping a kind cast member will understand the plight of a solo traveler and I can grab one a tiny bit before 4. I'm not a DVC owner, but I was curious if they would have the distribution within the park ready to go at 2, at 4, or somewhere in between.

Why don't you want to be in first in line? Is it because they're having other members of their party join later, or for another reason? I was just curious in case there was something super secret about not wanting to be the first in line lol :)
If they want to tag team to get the popcorn bucket unless one doesn't want to be in the picture. The one getting the popcorn bucket will need to join for the picture

1. Are the SOTMK cards available in front of the fire house?

Yes. Though on at least 1 occasion that I remember they were not out yet when we entered at 4 and we had to double back later for our cards.

2. Cross across the street to enter the party bypass to pick up candy bag

Correct!

Just making sure we go left originally then right? Too bad they didn't hand out the cards on the way to the bypass.

Agreed!!!

For the wristband distribution for DVC folks -- was that only happening at the front entrance? Were any of the other wristband locations set up yet?

Hoping a kind cast member will understand the plight of a solo traveler and I can grab one a tiny bit before 4. I'm not a DVC owner, but I was curious if they would have the distribution within the park ready to go at 2, at 4, or somewhere in between.

We are DVC and couldn't get our wristbands at the location near PotC until 4.

I think my question got covered up somewhere. Has anyone met the 7 dwarfs later in the night? Maybe at like 11?

We went October (5?) of last year. We got in line during the fireworks so I guess that's a little after 10. There was only about 3 families in front of us.

Has anyone had the Not So Poison Apple Cupcake? It looks like it might be WAY too much buttercream but I also really want to try it. Any reports? It isn't special to the party so I may just try it the next time I go to the park...

Has anyone had the Not So Poison Apple Cupcake? It looks like it might be WAY too much buttercream but I also really want to try it. Any reports? It isn't special to the party so I may just try it the next time I go to the park...

I did see a review/comment but can't remember which post...... underwhelming was what I remember them saying

I think @BestAunt said the frosting was waaay too sweet. Good cake though. Search for her review.

• Sept 28
  • DD(24) & myself
  • Arrive at MK 3:00pm ish - hoping to be towards front of turnstyle
  • FP Peter Pan 3:30-4:30 - done by 4:30.
  • FP BTMR 4:30-4:50
  • Grab - Candy Corn ice cream at Auntie Gravity
  • FP Buzz 5:30-5:50
  • NEED HELP HERE - We can either go line up for a character meet OR get in line for SDMT. I am assuming either will take about an hour.
  • Character meets: not sure of order yet - open to suggestions - *Pooh & friends, *Belle & Gaston, Mickey, Donald,Daisy, Minnie (* = musts)
  • Ride musts - HM, Space Mountain, SDMT & Pirates
  • Hallowishes & Boo-To-You: Hub Viewing, but we are ok with 2nd row viewing for parade so kiddos can have front. Second parade.

This is our only Disney night, it's not a trip really, it's a "I have to be in Florida for work so I'm gonna sneak to WDW for a night", my daughter just moved to Ft. Myers as a 4th grade teacher so I'm looking forward to spending time with her. We have been to MNSSHP 5 times in previous years so TOT really isn't too important, I'm happy with a few treats if there's no line. The rides during the party are kinda non negotiable it's our favorite part of the night!

Thanks

• Sept 28
  • DD(24) & myself
  • Arrive at MK 3:00pm ish - hoping to be towards front of turnstyle
  • FP Peter Pan 3:30-4:30 - done by 4:30.
  • FP BTMR 4:30-4:50
  • Grab - Candy Corn ice cream at Auntie Gravity
  • FP Buzz 5:30-5:50
  • NEED HELP HERE - We can either go line up for a character meet OR get in line for SDMT. I am assuming either will take about an hour.
  • Character meets: not sure of order yet - open to suggestions - *Pooh & friends, *Belle & Gaston, Mickey, Donald,Daisy, Minnie (* = musts)
  • Ride musts - HM, Space Mountain, SDMT & Pirates
  • Hallowishes & Boo-To-You: Hub Viewing, but we are ok with 2nd row viewing for parade so kiddos can have front. Second parade.
This is our only Disney night, it's not a trip really, it's a "I have to be in Florida for work so I'm gonna sneak to WDW for a night", my daughter just moved to Ft. Myers as a 4th grade teacher so I'm looking forward to spending time with her. We have been to MNSSHP 5 times in previous years so TOT really isn't too important, I'm happy with a few treats if there's no line. The rides during the party are kinda non negotiable it's our favorite part of the night!

Thanks
You may wish to post this on the MNSSHP Strategy and Itinerary thread as that is their specialty.

So it seems that the park shuts down at 6 pm to normal park goers...does this mean that some of those special rides like mad tea party will start their halloween themed part at that hour or will it be at 7.

I can finally plan this trip as hubby said he was getting his AP ticket which means we are a FULL go now.

I did see a review/comment but can't remember which post...... underwhelming was what I remember them saying

I think @BestAunt said the frosting was waaay too sweet. Good cake though. Search for her review.

I remember someone on here days the apple cake was very good but the buttercream was very sweet.

Yup, that was me. Cake part was pretty good. Frosting was really really really sweet. For comparison, that was my 4th Disney cupcake in 4 days, so it’s not like I’ve never had cupcake frosting before.

Also it has crunchy things in it. I couldn’t see them because I was eating outside after dark. Not the crunchy little balls that Disney puts on its cupcakes these days, but same effect. Why does Disney think we want our cupcakes to crunch?

It was better than the pumpkin cheesecake, if you want a Halloween-specific treat. If you just want a good cupcake, skip it.

Also it is $1 more than other Disney cupcakes (before tax).

Also no takeout containers at Main Street Bakery. You carry it out in a bowl.

I just want to confirm that BTMRR was open at the first party!?!?!

I've never gotten a popcorn bucket before, if we buy the one at the party we can get refills for the whole trip? How much are the refills? I know those always go quickly, where's the best spot to pick one up?

Also, just to confirm, there are Halloween refillable mugs at the party or those are just sold at the resorts?

Thanks!

I asked about the Halloween party popcorn buckets while we were on line at guest relations in Hollywood Studios. We were curious whether or not the bucket could be refilled for the length of stay like the regular buckets are. The cast member we spoke to didn't know the answer, so she left to find out. She came back and said she called the Magic Kingdom, and they said it was a one time use purchase. I've never used one before so I don't know if this is accurate, but that's the info we were given!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter