• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Ok, I’ve spent all weekend coming up with a party plan and here it is! Feel free to critique!

Attending October 11th with DS (age 5). Costumes are HM tightrope walker and crocodile.

Arrive about 3:30 and hopefully in before 4.
On the way up Main St get HM magic shots taken if we can get them that early.
Shop for merchandise at Emporium.
We have a Peter Pan FP that ends at 4:15 that we may or may not make...I’m not too worried about it.
Get Maleficent cone at Storybook Treats.
HM FP 4:25-5:25 and get our picture taken outside of HM (hopefully magic shot!)
Early dinner at Sleepy Hollow (chicken waffle sandwich and Zero sundae if available?)
Jungle Cruise FP 5:25-6.
Line up for Moana after, hopefully will be done just before 7.
Get Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket from cart at 7 if we can!
Get spot near stage for 7:40 Hocus Pocus.
After show meet Gravediggers, hit a couple trick or treat spots and get spot in Frontierland for 9:15 parade.
After parade head back into Adventureland.
Meet Jafar, Tarzan and crew, and maybe Aladdin characters.
Ride Pirates.
Get doombuggy treat at Aloha Isle.
Wherever we happen to be at 10, walk over the water to see fireworks.
After finishing in that area, head towards HM to maybe ride again or at least enjoy atmosphere.
Make way into Fantasyland and ride teacups and maybe more rides and trick or treating until DS has had enough!

With small children plans sometimes need to altered...
DS and I have done the party 3 times - first year when he was 3 he made it till 10 till he got cranky and begged to leave.
We did two parties when he was 4 - the first he took a nap from 8-9 and then was good to go till 11:30!
The second he made it till after the 10:45 Hocus Pocus and then passed out in the stroller for the night.
Will be interesting to see how he does this year!
He’s generally a night owl and that day before the party we’ll sleep in, do a character breakfast, maybe swim and rest in room before party.

My thoughts:

-The HM looks much better in pictures at night. keep that in mind for your magic thoughts.
-I would probably skip the Jungle Cruise and get in line for Moana earlier. JC is a pretty long ride and I wouldn't wait that long to get in line for Moana if you want to be done before 7.
-Make sure when you watch the parade from Frontierland that you are sitting on the adventureland side. That way as soon as the tail end of the parade comes you can just turn around and book it to the Adventureland characters.

Usually each year for MNSSHP and MVMCP I have seen party check-in/bracelet spots at Tortuga, Philharmagic, and near Buzz Lightyear ride. Usually. :-)

I'll be there too! :)

I didn't realize you could do fp's with a party ticket? If so, I need to do that since I plan to arrive around 4pm. I'll be spending the first part of the day at the Food and Wine Festival!
Oh cool! It would be pretty funny to see each other at the party since we probably live like 30 mins away from you... :laughing: I'm debating what we will do before the party. We go down late Friday and come back lateTuesday, so we could do a waterpark Monday or do it Tuesday. Whichever is not a waterpark we might do DS, or we might be upgrading to APs anyways in which case I was thinking F&W!

I thought I read that about FPs one time... only if you dont have a day ticket already? Idk, never done it before. Last year we did MVMCP and were in epcot before but we had APs and didnt get there until actual party start time.

Hey Mike who I forgot to quote -

I promised one of my friends that he could have my Sorcerer's card. As people may know, you can only get one and they mark your wristband to make sure you can't get another.

But maybe someone else can get one for you if you send them a self addressed stamped envelope.
I can probably get him one

My thoughts:

-The HM looks much better in pictures at night. keep that in mind for your magic thoughts.
-I would probably skip the Jungle Cruise and get in line for Moana earlier. JC is a pretty long ride and I wouldn't wait that long to get in line for Moana if you want to be done before 7.
-Make sure when you watch the parade from Frontierland that you are sitting on the adventureland side. That way as soon as the tail end of the parade comes you can just turn around and book it to the Adventureland characters.

Thanks!
All good advice!
We’ll probably end up getting pics in front of the HM twice - during daylight and at night.
And I’ve had the same thought about Jungle Cruise.. May skip it..

Hi all! Have a question, and in addition to posting here, I also posted this on the Fastpass+ thread. Hoping someone can answer :)

We are staying off site Sept 1-8, with the following plans:
9/2: AK
9/3: MNSSHP
9/4: DHS
9/5: Epcot
9/6: Blizzard Beach
9/7: MK

There are 3 in my party, and we have 4-day base tickets, and we also have tickets for the Halloween party on 9/3. I've made FP for every day except Friday; system tells me that we don't have enough available days for booking FP. Is this because of the Halloween party? We are only using party tickets on 9/3, not park tickets, so I am not sure why the system isn't allowing me to make FP for 9/7.

If the party is the issue, then would I be able to make FP for 9/7, after we use up our FP on 9/2?? Or am I going to have to cancel FP on 9/3, to make them for 9/7?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
You need to delete your party day FP and then book your 9/7 ones. Then go back and book for your party

I was trapped by the Christmas parade. Have people had luck viewing the parade in Frontierland and then heading to another land, like Tomorrowland? I'd like to run to Space Mountain after the first parade and try to squeeze it in before fireworks.

I'll be there too! :)

I didn't realize you could do fp's with a party ticket? If so, I need to do that since I plan to arrive around 4pm. I'll be spending the first part of the day at the Food and Wine Festival!

You can only book fp's between 4-7 if you have a day ticket. Party only tickets cannot.

When I was waiting in a character line during the first parade, the rumor was that the Oogie Boogie popcorn buckets were already gone.

That's my first goal is getting the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket. Hopefully they're holding some back for each party.

You can only book fp's between 4-7 if you have a day ticket. Party only tickets cannot.

The good news is you actually can book them on only a party ticket! We have 3 fastpasses between 3:30 and 6:00 (they cut your last one off at 6:00 no matter when it starts). We will only be visiting the park on our party ticket and have no other tickets associated with our account right now.

We are AP and DVC also. We are going in early to ride some rides and have dinner before the party starts. That way we have plenty of time for shows, fireworks, parade and trick or treating. If you are into shopping, I read that DVC also gets early access to party specific merchandise. Just show your party band at the stores.

Just confirming- we did get access to party merch before 4pm with the DVC early entry. We also were able to pick up the SotMK party card before 4pm.

I was trapped by the Christmas parade. Have people had luck viewing the parade in Frontierland and then heading to another land, like Tomorrowland? I'd like to run to Space Mountain after the first parade and try to squeeze it in before fireworks.

We watched the MVMCP parade from Frontierland last year and then cut through Fantasyland to bypass the hub and get over to Tomorrowland. As the parade ends, follow it to Liberty Square. As the parade heads into the hub, simply walk on the path going past Haunted Mansion into Fantasyland and then into Tomorrowland. It's the long way, but you'll avoid the parade as it goes into the hub and down Main St.

Just confirming- we did get access to party merch before 4pm with the DVC early entry. We also were able to pick up the SotMK party card before 4pm.
Did you have to prove that you were dvc or just show your party band?

The good news is you actually can book them on only a party ticket! We have 3 fastpasses between 3:30 and 6:00 (they cut your last one off at 6:00 no matter when it starts). We will only be visiting the park on our party ticket and have no other tickets associated with our account right now.

Interesting as everything I've read says you can't. Well, you can book them, but reports from last year are that Disney will cancel them.https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...of-mnsshp-using-the-mnsshp-tix.3693550/page-2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter