"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Does anyone remember back in 2007 on the wonderland treat trail behind Indy Speedway when they had card characters from Alice in Wonderland were handing out candy?

I’m trying to find a picture of them please.

I honestly don't remember card characters handing out candy but I do remember the Alice in Wonderland set up on the lawn.
upload_2018-7-9_1-59-17.png

upload_2018-7-9_1-59-28.png

upload_2018-7-9_1-59-41.png

upload_2018-7-9_1-59-55.png :-)

Well, looks like I truly will be a guinea pig for the dessert party on the first night. :scared:
Winston just called again, and repeated what later CMs have told you all. Check in at 4:30 at the podium, they will tell us everything then, probably not before. Yikes!
He said they sent over a list to them and they will use that list to identify those with parade viewing.-figured that much.
He said they do not know where viewing is, nor how it will work with parade at 9:15 and dessert party starting at 9:15.

Guess we will have to be surprised. :)

Ugh, the waiting until the night of for details is brutal. And I'm sorry you're a guinea pig, because that's even more brutal for you.

I'm a bit confused about the 4:30 check-in time, there must be a window there because it's not realistic to expect everyone to be there at exactly 4:30. I plan to call back into my contact, but I'm waiting a little longer to see if more details get released first.

Interesting that he is actually stating 9:15 as the parade time since that is not published anywhere yet and that time is just not going to work with a 9:15 party start time. I can't for the life of me come up with a solution where they can make that timing work without seriously cutting into the dessert time. And to be honest, it doesn't sound they have yet either otherwise they would have those details to share.

In addition to the ones that have special effects, remember that not all rides are open for the party, so you may want to FP some of those for the 4:00-6:00 time.

Do we know what we can expect to be closed? I've made FPs for Little Mermaid, Buzz and Jungle Cruise. In my party of five, I have only 2 thrill ride seekers so the plan was to split the group at the end of the party so the 2 could head off to all the Mountains.

Do we know what we can expect to be closed? I've made FPs for Little Mermaid, Buzz and Jungle Cruise. In my party of five, I have only 2 thrill ride seekers so the plan was to split the group at the end of the party so the 2 could head off to all the Mountains.
If you go to the first few posts it shows what will be open. You can plan that as of this time, all other attractions will be closed during the party.

Ugh, the waiting until the night of for details is brutal. And I'm sorry you're a guinea pig, because that's even more brutal for you.

I'm a bit confused about the 4:30 check-in time, there must be a window there because it's not realistic to expect everyone to be there at exactly 4:30. I plan to call back into my contact, but I'm waiting a little longer to see if more details get released first.

Interesting that he is actually stating 9:15 as the parade time since that is not published anywhere yet and that time is just not going to work with a 9:15 party start time. I can't for the life of me come up with a solution where they can make that timing work without seriously cutting into the dessert time. And to be honest, it doesn't sound they have yet either otherwise they would have those details to share.
We were told to check in between 4:30 and 6:30, so I think 4:30 is just the earliest you can check in?

And I agree, there’s no way they can do the parade at 9:15 when the dessert party starts at the same time (and actually, the garden party starts at 8:45!)

Bless you, guinea pigs!

I'm purchasing tickets as an AP for me, my sister and niece and nephew. I assume they will just drop into my MDE and then I assign who they belong to for them to link to their magic band as long as our MDE accounts are linked? There is a fifth person (mom) on the trip, but she won't be attending MNSSHP and I don't want her to get a linked ticket since she'll be on my account.

Go here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989842"]Post #8[/URL] :-)

I assume they will just drop into my MDE and then I assign who they belong to for them to link to their magic band as long as our MDE accounts are linked?

Correct. I purchased 4. They appeared in my MDE assigned to 4 people and I was able to reassign to the 4 people going to the party.

When are we getting a sneak peak at the halloween merch for this year? I am hoping soon since it is starting in August this year

Yes, thank you! I miss those decorations. I’ll have to keep searching, there’s got to be pictures somewhere on the internet.

I'll be more then happy to send you what I have if those are of interest to you, just PM me your email address and I'll send you a file! Sorry I don't have the ones you're specifically looking for.

When are we getting a sneak peak at the halloween merch for this year? I am hoping soon since it is starting in August this year

The following is when we received information last year, there's really no way of knowing when Disney will release this but they do have a pattern.

From Disney Parks Blog
  • Merchandise photos & info was released on August 14, 2017
  • Specialty & Anytime Treats were announced on August 17, 2017
  • Disney Photopass for MNSSHP were released on August 23, 2017
From Disney Bloggers
  • Released info on MNSSHP 2017 Pins on August 2, 2017
  • Party Maps were released on Aug 24, 2017, which confirms Parade Times, Hocus Pocus Show, Dance Party, Trick or Treat Locations, Quick Serve Locations, Specialty & Anytime Treats, Merchandise locations and some photopass locations.
Aug 25, 2017 - Night of first party
  • Specialty Popcorn Buckets & info
  • Character information
EDIT: Here's a link of what has been released thus far: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989875"]Post #11[/URL]

Last edited:
Do Cinderella/Elena and Rapunzel/Tiana continue to meet people in the Princess Hall during the party?

Good morning everyone! Just to provide an update on FP+ during the party... I made my fastpasses this morning at 7am EST prompt. The system has been quite glitchy, but what was most frustrating is that it will not allow me to make fastpasses for my 6 day ticket + MNSSHP (after 4). It will only allow me to make fastpasses on the number of days I have on my 6-day ticket, not on the hard ticket, too.

Good morning everyone! Just to provide an update on FP+ during the party... I made my fastpasses this morning at 7am EST prompt. The system has been quite glitchy, but what was most frustrating is that it will not allow me to make fastpasses for my 6 day ticket + MNSSHP (after 4). It will only allow me to make fastpasses on the number of days I have on my 6-day ticket, not on the hard ticket, too.
Are you attempting to book FPs on 7 different calendar days or are you attempting to book 6 FPs on your party day? 3 normal + 3 Party?

Can someone remind me of how the Fastpass rules work if you have a regular ticket and a party ticket for that day?

For example, I have an Annual Pass. I also have a party ticket. Assume the Party Ticket is in my own MDE account (same as my Annual Pass), not a different account. I am not staying Club Level, so ignore the rules about buying extra Fastpasses.

Is it an either/or situation? Meaning I can make 3 Fastpasses in advance for before 4:00 pm that day using my Annual Pass OR I can make 3 Fastpasses in advance for after 4:00 pm that day using my Party Ticket.

Or can I do both in advance?

Edit - I think somebody answered my question while I was typing it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter