"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Wow go away for the weekend and you miss 7 pages of stuff. Glad to hear that they are reaching out to everyone now that booked as that how it should be and that is what I emphasized in my email. I agree that it is difficult to ask people to pay the same price and not offer the same for everyone but I guess it goes to show you to book early. Now I am just waiting to get back in contact with Winston since I have been trying all weekend and have left messages for him 3 times but never got a call back. I keep getting told they are overwhelmed with calls right now.

There is way too much drama going on with dessert parties and parade viewing or not and fast passes.

I'm looking forward to all these issues being solved so we can go back to costume talk and speculating about any new characters :)

Agree. And a new Space Mountain soundtrack overlay. I might actually want to ride it now! :-)

Anyone know what the wait runs "usually" for Space Mnt during the parties? TP is stating 54 minutes at 7:30, surely that is incorrect-? Otherwise I'll be skipping the enhancement there. :crazy2:

Good morning everyone!! Here is my email about FP I will share:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so excited you will be visiting us during our most spooktacular event!

You will be happy to know that you are able to reserve FastPass+ selections from 4:00PM to 6:30PM since you will be granted early admission at 4:00PM. The FastPass+ is unavailable during the party because most of the rides have very little wait time.

If you need assistance with MyDisneyExperience® and FastPass+ selections, please contact the MyDisneyExperience® Internet Help Desk at 1-407-WDW-HELP (1-407-939-4357), open daily from 7:00 a.m. at 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

I hope you have the most Spooktacular day and we cannot wait to have you on property!

Sincerely,

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I am going to reserve my FP's and see what happens.

Anyone know what the wait runs "usually" for Space Mnt during the parties? TP is stating 54 minutes at 7:30, surely that is incorrect-? Otherwise I'll be skipping the enhancement there. :crazy2:

I've been to 2 sold out parties. The wait during the parties for us has been a few minutes. Basically, it is the time that it takes you to walk to loading, and then you have to wait for maybe 2 or 3 times. This was always later in the night for us, maybe about 9:00ish to 10:00 if I remember correctly. I imagine with this new enhancement, the wait time will go up, but probably not by too much (I hope so anyway). I don't think the majority of people attending the party will even know about it, unlike all of us here on the board.

I know during the christmas party there was about 10 to 15 minutes posted but I think that is based on the hike to get to the actual ride. We could go on several times if we wanted with just the wait mostly being the walk in then about 3 to 5 minutes to get on.

I've been to 2 sold out parties. The wait during the parties for us has been a few minutes. Basically, it is the time that it takes you to walk to loading, and then you have to wait for maybe 2 or 3 times. This was always later in the night for us, maybe about 9:00ish to 10:00 if I remember correctly. I imagine with this new enhancement, the wait time will go up, but probably not by too much (I hope so anyway). I don't think the majority of people attending the party will even know about it, unlike all of us here on the board.
We’ve experienced 15-20 minute waits during parties, but never an hour. Maybe they’ve already increased wait times to account for the overlay?

I asked if there were any details and he said it was for the first parade and we could check in at Tomorrowland Terrace at 4:30pm day-of.

Can check-in at the Tomorrowland Terrace podium any time after 4:30 pm to get parade credentials and more specific information regarding the parade viewing location

I just wanted to add some additional info that I gleaned from my call with GS yesterday regarding the 4:30 check in at the Terrace podium to obtain the parade viewing "credentials". I hadn't seen it posted here yet and apologize if I missed it, but the CM I spoke with also told me that the check in window also allegedly ended at 6:30. I found this a bit odd, since technically, even though the park closes to regular guests at 6:00 and party guests can enter as early as 4:00, the party does not officially begin until 7:00. I don't know how true the cut-off time will be, but just thought I'd get it out there so everybody is informed in case their plan has them getting to the party closer to the start time.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but this again seems to support their desire to have the viewing for the first parade and maybe even gives a slight glimmer of hope that the first parade start time could be moved up versus last year (that's what I'm hoping for anyway). Or...... I'm way off base and since they don't normally have a CM manning the podium during that time frame, they simply just want to get everybody set up with credentials and out of the way prior to the official party start time.

Are there any pros/cons to buying MNSSHP ticket direct from WDW vs. any of the re-sellers? They seem to be the same price, but wondering if one is preferable.

Good morning everyone!! Here is my email about FP I will share:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so excited you will be visiting us during our most spooktacular event!

You will be happy to know that you are able to reserve FastPass+ selections from 4:00PM to 6:30PM since you will be granted early admission at 4:00PM. The FastPass+ is unavailable during the party because most of the rides have very little wait time.

If you need assistance with MyDisneyExperience® and FastPass+ selections, please contact the MyDisneyExperience® Internet Help Desk at 1-407-WDW-HELP (1-407-939-4357), open daily from 7:00 a.m. at 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

I hope you have the most Spooktacular day and we cannot wait to have you on property!

Sincerely,

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I am going to reserve my FP's and see what happens.
Ok....doesn't this contradict what some people were emailed about the past couple of days where they were told their FPs would be cancelled since you can't book on a party ticket.

Are there any pros/cons to buying MNSSHP ticket direct from WDW vs. any of the re-sellers? They seem to be the same price, but wondering if one is preferable.

No difference now but I guess if you booked prior you might have gotten Parade viewing.

Argh, we have always booked FP with our party tickets with no problem. I am booking our FP in the morning and had planned to book three FP from 3:30p-6:30p on our party day (August 24th). We have non-expiring tickets and so have enough days that I think MDE will let me book them, I'm worried what will happen once we're there and we enter with a party ticket instead. :crazy2::confused::worried:

Did you have any issues making FP's on your party ticket this morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter