"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I went October 6th last year and it was hot. I wore a light costume and it was ok. I definitely couldn't have worn a super heavy costume.

For your picture - go up to the top right where there is your username, inbox, and alerts. Click on your username. Then click on personal details and you should be able to upload something.

Thanks for the costume info! Ughhh I was trying to avoid the heat, but I knew I was risking it, Bc it can still be warm down there at that time, oh well!! As long as we are at Disney, we are happy. I will try to change my picture using your tips, thanks again!

I went October 6th last year and it was hot. I wore a light costume and it was ok. I definitely couldn't have worn a super heavy costume.

For your picture - go up to the top right where there is your username, inbox, and alerts. Click on your username. Then click on personal details and you should be able to upload something.
Woooohooo it worked!! Thanks so much!

Ooh, didn't realise there was already a thread for this year's party! We're going on the 25th of September this year, I'll hopefully be dressed as Hei-Hei the chicken :)

We are going to. We were originally going as tweedle dee and tweedle dumb but now my DH may not want to be that

Last year, we were given only a piece or two at each stop. The provided bag was more than big enough to hold what we got.

Oh wow. Maybe it depends on what party or CM you go to. We’ve always gotten a handful at a time, except for when they were giving out dove chocolate. We go in September but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did cut back.

Wait until the end of the night to trick or treat. They are much more generous. We walked through the two lines at Jungle Cruise back and forth last year until our bags were completely full in less than 5 minutes.

My daughter and I did this in the tiki room a couple years ago, we kept going in circles to the 3 spots in there and that was at the beginning of the night, lol.

Oh wow. Maybe it depends on what party or CM you go to. We’ve always gotten a handful at a time, except for when they were giving out dove chocolate. We go in September but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did cut back.

They are usually generous but I do remember one time at POTC we were given ONE piece of candy by a young CM who also uttered Merry Christmas in a sarcastic way. I felt like that was a Trick not a treat.

I just booked a trip this week for the end of August, I had no idea the parties would be starting already. Now I'm considering moving plans around a bit to go to the party one evening. Has anyone gone so early, does it feel strange to be at a Halloween party in August? Are the decorations actually up?

I just booked a trip this week for the end of August, I had no idea the parties would be starting already. Now I'm considering moving plans around a bit to go to the party one evening. Has anyone gone so early, does it feel strange to be at a Halloween party in August? Are the decorations actually up?

We did an August party last year. It was great and decorations were up.

I made a 4:15 Pirate’s League appt for my daughter on one of our party nights! I assumed they would be booked solid so I was thrilled to be able to snag one :) I moved our Liberty Tree ADR back 15 minutes (to 5:45) just to give us a bit more time.

I do love the sport of Disney vacation planning lol

in case anyone is wondering, I've been calling daily to see when the ADRs will open up for BOG and CRT on party nights. I called twice today and one CM told me I may even wanna try back later today or tomorrow. She didn't say anything definite, but the way she said it lead me to believe (maybe with false hope) that the ADRS will be opening any time. Last year, it was in the first week of June that the party dates opened up. I'll post as soon as they do.

We just returned home from our trip...where we bought our first AP!! :yay: We’re planning a couple trips, with MNSSHP as one of them. Our family is big on the rides, but I have to admit that I’m more than a little interested in standing in line to meet the 7D’s. Looking for some feedback in whether the time commitment is worth it! Let me know your thoughts!!!

WE went straight to the dwarves meeting spot during Christmas party last year Andy we’ve were first in line - we just hung out there

Which party night would be less busy - Monday Oct 8th (Columbus Day) or Tuesday the 9th?
Also, which characters can you not meet while they're in the parade? I watched the video of the parade from last year and I saw Winnie the Pooh & Friends (though they were wearing different costumes), Alice & Mad Hatter, Jasmine & Abu, Donald, Daffy, Mickey, Minnie (all wearing different outfits), Jack Sparrow, and Jafar. Am I missing any? I'm assuming the characters that are wearing different costumes are different people than the Halloween costume characters that people can meet during the party. So I should still be able to meet Winnie the Pooh or Mickey during the parade correct? Also, how soon before the parade do these characters leave their post and when do they usually return?
Thanks!

Which party night would be less busy - Monday Oct 8th (Columbus Day) or Tuesday the 9th?
Also, which characters can you not meet while they're in the parade? I watched the video of the parade from last year and I saw Winnie the Pooh & Friends (though they were wearing different costumes), Alice & Mad Hatter, Jasmine & Abu, Donald, Daffy, Mickey, Minnie (all wearing different outfits), Jack Sparrow, and Jafar. Am I missing any? I'm assuming the characters that are wearing different costumes are different people than the Halloween costume characters that people can meet during the party. So I should still be able to meet Winnie the Pooh or Mickey during the parade correct? Also, how soon before the parade do these characters leave their post and when do they usually return?
Thanks!

I would go with the 9th over the 8th since the 8th is a holiday.

My son is really wanting to dress up as Kylo Ren for Halloween this year. This would be a perfect family costume for us as my husband could be Han Solo and I could be Princess Leia. *But* will he be miserably hot dressed head to toe in black long sleeves and pants? Our Halloween party is October 23rd. He did dress as Darth Vader at a Halloween party in Disneyland and wasn't terribly hot, but it does tend to cool off a bit in the evenings in California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter