"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple of questions.

1. This thing officially starts at 10, but there are guest still there who haven't paid for it but can not access the rides at 10?

2. Does Disney give any refunds or such in the case of really bad weather? Or rides being down?

1. This thing officially starts at 10, but there are guest still there who haven't paid for it but can not access the rides at 10?

2. Does Disney give any refunds or such in the case of really bad weather? Or rides being down?
1. Yes guests can still walk around without paying for the event. They can’t ride rides or get snacks so I guess Disney assumes they will leave but that isn’t always the case.
2. You probably could switch to another date if there is really bad weather. I’m not sure they would give you a refund though. If the rides are down you won’t get a refund if it’s just mechanical issues.

They did let folks get on standby lines up until 10. I did Peter Pan about 10:30 and they were still working on getting the stand by line cleared. Still only waited 10 minutes since DAH went through fast pass line.

They were not letting people without valid admission to the event on the standby after 10, though, and were very firm about that.

I would think there would be nothing given if rides went down and it’s a rain or shine event. This was my second time... went in February... and there were no issues either time. But not sure what would happen if there was... I’m thinking if the park is open, the event takes place as scheduled.

I just imagine that if say SDMT went down for pretty much the whole evening for some reason there would be a lot of disappointed guest.

I just imagine that if say SDMT went down for pretty much the whole evening for some reason there would be a lot of disappointed guest.
I think people might be disappointed but it is what it is. It’s non refundable and I think that’s happened with EMM before.

We had a nice time last night 8/11. Ride lines were very short. Snack lines long except for the ones in the hub area. We still saw people walking around at 12:00 without bands or lanyards. They were not getting on rides. We had to hold our wrists up to show the blue band every ride so that was good. We did every ride in the park except SPace it was down Speedway we don’t like it and IASW not a fave either. We got 4 pops, 2 waters and ice cream bars yum!
B5F412EC-A371-4F7A-86D7-3B6473948C47.jpeg

Huh so people really were trying to get on rides without clearly paying to be there. That’s so sad that people think that’s okay.
I'd say they likely had no clue there was even an event going on. All they saw was they ride open so they went to ride. Nothing sneaky, just clueless

In the morning event yes. But at night? Why? MK is way more than 1 ride. Sorry but I'd say it's pretty silly to be disappointed in 1 ride out of all the rest being down

I forgot to add we did wait 25 minutes for a bus. We had left a little early thinking it would help the bus wait but it did not. We saw very few buses coming at all and some queues were full.

The wife and I attended last night. Other than the humidity, it was a great event! We rode just about everything except for Mine Train. Everything we rode was a walkon. Popcorn cart lines were very long, but the other carts had little to no wait.

They were letting BTMRR guests stay on the vehicle as long as nobody was waiting to board their row.

Between the wife and I we had 7 ice creams, 3 popcorns, 6 waters, and "4" Sprites. I put the Sprites in quotes because the first 2 were undrinkable. One was room temperature, and one was completely flat.

We definitely plan on attending this event again if they hold it in Jan/Feb when it will be much cooler!

I forgot to add we did wait 25 minutes for a bus. We had left a little early thinking it would help the bus wait but it did not. We saw very few buses coming at all and some queues were full.

Same here going to AKV. Seemed a lot longer at the end of a long night lol

Did I see reports that the little resort boats (launches) are not running after DAH? Just Ferry, monorail and buses?

I'd say they likely had no clue there was even an event going on. All they saw was they ride open so they went to ride. Nothing sneaky, just clueless

In the morning event yes. But at night? Why? MK is way more than 1 ride. Sorry but I'd say it's pretty silly to be disappointed in 1 ride out of all the rest being down
That ride is one of two that is my absolute favorite at the MK, so no it wouldn't be silly at all. But you are right about the morning event, that would suck!

Did I see reports that the little resort boats (launches) are not running after DAH? Just Ferry, monorail and buses?

I don’t believe they were. I noticed because I’m at AKV now but I’m moving over to the Poly and would have liked having the option if I was there.

I actually don’t agree. They tried to get on a ride with a lanyard but no wristband. To me that makes me think they were trying to con their way on the ride without realizing wristbands had been introduced.

We were stuck on the peoplemover for about a half hour at the Jan 30 event. We were given an anytime fastpass for the next day, not good for mine train. Not really a very appropriate compensation in my opinion. We had plans the next day & didn’t even use it. For various reasons, I did not complain to guest services. I did hear someone else say they were leaving the next day & the CM told them to go to guest services for an alternative compensation. So I think some other options might be available. But 1 fastpass when we missed 1/6 of an event we paid $ 90 for with the AP discount isn’t much. So keep your expectations low.

I actually don’t agree. They tried to get on a ride with a lanyard but no wristband. To me that makes me think they were trying to con their way on the ride without realizing wristbands had been introduced.
I think if Disney implemented the new wrist bands there was probably enough people taking advantage/ and or people complaining about it. I think it’s a great idea :)

A fast report for yesterday’s night.. we arrived at Disney 9 am as regular guests so we were dead by the second hour of DAH..
from 10 pm we did the following as complete walk on:
Jungle cruise
Pirates
Haunted mansion
Buzz
Spacemountain
Big thunder
Splash mountain
Seven dwarfs mine train (only thing with wait.. it was less than 10 min though)

We could’ve done Space, splash and big thunder 3-4 times but we didn’t feel our legs. We spent 16 hours in the park yesterday so we we were just exhausted

Drink and food carts were very busy in the first hour with constant 10-15 groups but starting from 11, it was smooth and you could’ve grabbed anything you wanted in lessa than a minute

My advice is that you absolutely need to do it.. I couldn’t believe my self!
I really wish we wouldn’t be that tired but it was worth every penny so just spend the day by the pool or sleeping or whatever then go to the park at 7-8 and you will easily finish everything you want to see and more in these 3 hours

The resort launches don’t run past their normal ending point after regular park hours.... so aren’t running at the end of DAH. Just ferry and buses. No monorail either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter