"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been asked (16 pages), but do you have to leave and reenter the park to get your lanyard? I saw a video on YouTube where the guy and his girlfriend pretended they were hiding in a bathroom to stay after park closing and ride empty rides which were left running 24/7, but they really had DAH. They didn't appear to leave, but the first page seems to indicate you line up at 7 PM outside to get your lanyard.

We were already in the parks and went back up front to pick up a lanyard, but did not have to exit and reenter. It was at least an hour before the start of DAH.

Some questions about photos:
1) Are there any photopass photographers around, especially Main Street after normal park guests have cleared out?
2) Are ride photos still taken?

1) Are there any photopass photographers around, especially Main Street after normal park guests have cleared out?
I would also like to know the answer to these two questions.

I would also like to know the answer to these two questions.
I would as well! I would assume the ride photos would happen (they take photos of empty boats/cars during regular hours), but would Disney spend money on having PhotoPass folks be there on Main Street?

yes and yes.

The ride photos are awesome, because the cars are nearly empty... especially the Splash Mountain one was awesome.
Awesome!

I'm thinking I will probably start at Frontierland, work my way thru adventureland, stop at Main street to take photos, then liberty square, fantasyland, tomorrowland, then back to Fantasyland to ride 7DMT til I drop!

yes and yes.

The ride photos are awesome, because the cars are nearly empty... especially the Splash Mountain one was awesome.
Are the PP just more spread out? Can you remember any spots in particular that had a PP?

I'm excited to do Splash Mountain with no one on it! I don't care if it's freezing. Although, by March 1 I would hope it's warmed up a bit, but I guess it will be night time.

Awesome!

I'm thinking I will probably start at Frontierland, work my way thru adventureland, stop at Main street to take photos, then liberty square, fantasyland, tomorrowland, then back to Fantasyland to ride 7DMT til I drop!
My plan will be similar to this. I'm going to start in Adventureland, go to Frontierland, then Liberty Square, maybe stop at Main Street, then Tomorrowland, and finish with Fantasyland. Of course, the day of we might decide differently and go with the flow!

Do they still do wait times for DAH?

Has anyone done all the rides during the DAH? I thought it would be fun for us to try (esp the ones we don’t normally ride).

Any strategies I should use? I was thinking of starting in Adventureland or Tomorrowland and working my way around.

I have done it twice and the time does go super quick. For me part of the charm of doing it was if there wasn't a line staying on the ride and doing it again, so that is something to keep in mind. When I did it with just my oldest in May 2016 we rode out the night riding Buzz like 6 times in a row.

There were a lot of photopass photographers on Main Street all night. They were even willing to take the time to make sure others weren't in the background.

My plan will be similar to this. I'm going to start in Adventureland, go to Frontierland, then Liberty Square, maybe stop at Main Street, then Tomorrowland, and finish with Fantasyland. Of course, the day of we might decide differently and go with the flow!

Do they still do wait times for DAH?

No wait times. 7DMT was the only one that had really any line, and it was more like the FP line on a typical day. Many rides like Pooh you could just stay on. The rides sometimes just take long enough to get started again (like Haunted Mansion).

Oh and I looked to see if I had anything from last year as far as a pamplet and all I had was a handout with Peter Pan on the front. On the back is just information about buying tickets and says "Enjoy such favorites as 7DMT, Space Mountain, Peter Pan." My 2016 lanyard did have rides listed on back.

Are the PP just more spread out? Can you remember any spots in particular that had a PP?

They had photogs along Main Street and the hub that I stopped at (I saw others, but didn't get pictures so I don't know all the locations). I did a bunch because I was solo (wife watching kids sleep in room, haha), and I found it funny to do them alone. And the photogs were mostly standing around waiting for someone, anyone to come to them (after the first hour or so).

I have done it twice and the time does go super quick. For me part of the charm of doing it was if there wasn't a line staying on the ride and doing it again, so that is something to keep in mind. When I did it with just my oldest in May 2016 we rode out the night riding Buzz like 6 times in a row.

There were a lot of photopass photographers on Main Street all night. They were even willing to take the time to make sure others weren't in the background.

No wait times. 7DMT was the only one that had really any line, and it was more like the FP line on a typical day. Many rides like Pooh you could just stay on. The rides sometimes just take long enough to get started again (like Haunted Mansion).
Okay cool. Thanks!

They had photogs along Main Street and the hub that I stopped at (I saw others, but didn't get pictures so I don't know all the locations). I did a bunch because I was solo (wife watching kids sleep in room, haha), and I found it funny to do them alone. And the photogs were mostly standing around waiting for someone, anyone to come to them (after the first hour or so).
Okay. I wasn't sure if they had PP at other parts of the park or just Main Street. Sounds like just Main Street then. I doubt we will stop much to take pictures though anyway.

Finally found a 2017 pamphlet (thanks Google!)....here's the info. I'm going to add to page 1 as well. Remember this is 2017 info and COULD CHANGE for 2018, so keep that in mind when making plans.

2017 ATTRACTIONS

Main Street USA
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater

Fantasyland
"it's a small world"
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
Mickey's Philharmagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Princess Fairytale Hall
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
The Barnstormer
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid

Liberty Square

Haunted Mansion

Adventureland
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Swiss Family Treehouse
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room

Frontierland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain

Tomorrowland
Astro Orbiter
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway

2017 FOOD & BEVERAGE

Included as Part of Your Event Admission
During event hours enjoy select beverages, popcorn, and ice cream novelties.

For Purchase
Select menu items available at locations throughout the Park, including Main Street Bakery, The Friar's Nook, and The Lunching Pad.

2017 MERCHANDISE
Select merchandise available for purchase at the Emporium.

Last year I couldn't decide if I wanted to try to ride ALL the rides ..... or..... ride my favorites plus the hard to get on ones that I never ride!
I chose to ride my favorites multiple times plus the ones I never ride such as Peter Pan's flight since it's not worth a FP and lines are always too long.
I think I did Big Thunder 5 times, 7DMT 4 times, Pirates 2, Haunted Mansion 2.... And hit these once.... Space, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Mermaid. And of course between each ate popcorn and Mickey bars!!! it was great! Now I have to make a simple adjustment to my reservations for March so I can do this again!

I just want to confirm with people who went last year; what time are guests with this ticket allowed to enter the park? Is it similar to MNSSHP where you can enter at 4pm or something similar to that? I realize it may be different this year but I have to think it would be a mess trying to get everyone who purchased a ticket for this to get in through the gates by the 8pm start time.

I just want to confirm with people who went last year; what time are guests with this ticket allowed to enter the park? Is it similar to MNSSHP where you can enter at 4pm or something similar to that? I realize it may be different this year but I have to think it would be a mess trying to get everyone who purchased a ticket for this to get in through the gates by the 8pm start time.
Disney is advertising 7 pm, but they let people in this year at 4 pm.

Disney is advertising 7 pm, but they let people in this year at 4 pm.

I was thinking as long as they give an hour to get everyone with tickets in, it would work for us. I would hate to pay for those precious few hours and not get in until well after it already started. 4pm would be even better but I won't count on it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter