"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know how that’s possible. I am currently going to Hollywood studios the day of my Disney after hours at MK. I have my fast passes at Hollywood studios and there is no way I’m allowed to add three for MK that night.

Maybe it’s different if your going just that day to MK and don’t have other park tickets linked

I don’t know how that’s possible. I am currently going to Hollywood studios the day of my Disney after hours at MK. I have my fast passes at Hollywood studios and there is no way I’m allowed to add three for MK that night.

Maybe it’s different if your going just that day to MK and don’t have other park tickets linked
Correct you can only schedule 3 fp per day regardless of how many tickets you have for the day ... I think that the only ticket they have for that day is a Dah ticket

I have made (and modified) FP for two DAH nights with no problems or emails saying to delete them.

Last edited:
I am going August 4th and I am also running into issues with fp. I have not been notified by Disney. However, I have 4 days worth of tickets and the DAH ticket ( 5 total). I have fp booked for 3 days ( HS, AK, EP) and DAH. I extended my trip by 2 days and I have an extra park ticket remaining. I cannot book fp for my last park ticket remaining. I called Disney and they told me that fp are not available for Disney After Hours. I was told I would have to cancel the fp for DAH in order to make fp for my additional day. I then stated that people have been able to book fp for this event. Disney said that I need to delete the FP as the system will take away my remaining park ticket. That does not make sense as I would enter the park using the DAH ticket. I did not believe that CM and I will call back today.

I don't know what is going on, but Disney does not want you making fp for DAH.

What do people think about booking a HEA dessert party the same night as DAH. We are going in September and probably won't be able to make any other HEA show because of all the halloween parties. Is it a waste of time? I figured that the crowds don't thin out until after HEA anyway, so doing the viewing and grabbing a few desserts won't eat into the DAH time too much. Thoughts?

Thanks!

What do people think about booking a HEA dessert party the same night as DAH. We are going in September and probably won't be able to make any other HEA show because of all the halloween parties. Is it a waste of time? I figured that the crowds don't thin out until after HEA anyway, so doing the viewing and grabbing a few desserts won't eat into the DAH time too much. Thoughts?

Thanks!
That’s a hard one for me since it’s your only chance to see HEA. Normally I would say skip it. Is that your only day at mk?

Thanks!
This is exactly our plan as well! I think having that extra hour between HEA and DAH makes it worth it :) This will be our only day at MK.

Thanks!

I hadn't thought of this. I have a dessert party booked on a different day. If I'm not going to be able to book FP, I wonder if I can book the dessert party on this day instead. Would I need to use a regular ticket if I did?

I am going August 4th and I am also running into issues with fp. I have not been notified by Disney. However, I have 4 days worth of tickets and the DAH ticket ( 5 total). I have fp booked for 3 days ( HS, AK, EP) and DAH. I extended my trip by 2 days and I have an extra park ticket remaining. I cannot book fp for my last park ticket remaining. I called Disney and they told me that fp are not available for Disney After Hours. I was told I would have to cancel the fp for DAH in order to make fp for my additional day. I then stated that people have been able to book fp for this event. Disney said that I need to delete the FP as the system will take away my remaining park ticket. That does not make sense as I would enter the park using the DAH ticket. I did not believe that CM and I will call back today.

I don't know what is going on, but Disney does not want you making fp for DAH.

It’s most likely counting the 4th day for your fast passes as a normal ticket. Not DAH.

I’m going the same date and I have fast passes set for another park that morning. It’s highly unlikely they let you make fast passes for DAH when you have tickets overlapping it

I’m personally gonna use my entry card I received in the mail that day instead of the magic band so it doesn’t see it as me using a normal ticket.

We did two Halloween parties last year. We got all the rides done and then some. Wondering if we should do this in August vs MNSSHP? We basically only do the rides during MNSSHP and the price is almost 100.00 cheaper for two of us. DD don't care but I need to make up my mind as we make FP tomorrow am.

We did the dessert party before DAH back in March, it was also going to be our only opportunity to see HEA that trip. It did work out okay, but I probably would not do it again. We were also able to get into the park at around 4 PM and use fastpasses early since we had an AP. If you are not able to get in until 7, I think booking the dessert party would prevent you from using your FP before DAH. It was very helpful to get a few of the longer rides in before.

That’s a hard one for me since it’s your only chance to see HEA. Normally I would say skip it. Is that your only day at mk?

Haley, We are going to do one other MK day (probably) the following sunday. That day, we are doing EMM but the park closes at 6 for the Halloween party, so we can't do HEA then. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to replace our parkhopper cost with the dessert party cost.

We did the dessert party before DAH back in March, it was also going to be our only opportunity to see HEA that trip. It did work out okay, but I probably would not do it again. We were also able to get into the park at around 4 PM and use fastpasses early since we had an AP. If you are not able to get in until 7, I think booking the dessert party would prevent you from using your FP before DAH. It was very helpful to get a few of the longer rides in before.

Thanks senadler. I'm pretty sure I saw your post earlier in this thread where you reviewed it. Thanks for that post! We are arriving the day of DAH and had planned to nap in the hotel until 6 or 7. We are planning on being in the park that evening anyway. If we do it this way, we don't have to get a parkhopper to try to make it back another night on our trip and I can use that money for the Dessert Party.

Thanks!

Really just depends on what you want to "get out of" your DAH time. We're AP holder and go a few times a year, so my main motivation is the DAH time itself....I don't necessarily "need" the 7pm-9pm time (or 6pm assuming they let people in that early this summer) to be filled with rides. A nice dinner somewhere, or something fun/leisurely like a dessert party and not stressing about HEA viewing would fit us perfectly.

But if you otherwise want to be using that pre-DAH time with rides and MK action, it might not be the best choice, in my opinion.

We did two Halloween parties last year. We got all the rides done and then some. Wondering if we should do this in August vs MNSSHP? We basically only do the rides during MNSSHP and the price is almost 100.00 cheaper for two of us. DD don't care but I need to make up my mind as we make FP tomorrow am.

Tough question. We do mostly rides during MNSSHP too, with stops for the parade and fireworks (and maybe a few treat stations). :-)

Hard to compare the two. Both have low/no ride waits on many/most rides. Obviously a TON less people in the park overall so easier to move around.

MNSSHP is much longer - 5 hours (8 if you count being let in at 4pm)

DAH is only 3 hours plus the extra park time you get from 7pm+ (or 6pm if they let people in at that same time again for the summer dates).

Haley, We are going to do one other MK day (probably) the following sunday. That day, we are doing EMM but the park closes at 6 for the Halloween party, so we can't do HEA then. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to replace our parkhopper cost with the dessert party cost.

Thanks senadler. I'm pretty sure I saw your post earlier in this thread where you reviewed it. Thanks for that post! We are arriving the day of DAH and had planned to nap in the hotel until 6 or 7. We are planning on being in the park that evening anyway. If we do it this way, we don't have to get a parkhopper to try to make it back another night on our trip and I can use that money for the Dessert Party.
Like a pp said, it depends how often you visit wdw. If you won’t be going back for awhile I would watch HEA. I was blown away by the projections. Icl thought they were amazing! You could always watch HEA without the dessert party so you don’t waste as much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter