"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we did tomorrowland speedway during it last year only because we will never ride it any other time because of the long lines and low thrill factor for us. We did astro orbiter for the same reason. We likely won't do them again this year.
I think we will just have to wait and see what our niece is interested in. I've actually never been on those three that I listed. I'm more the type of person to get on btmr or space and ride as many times as I can.

I think we will just have to wait and see what our niece is interested in. I've actually never been on those three that I listed. I'm more the type of person to get on btmr or space and ride as many times as I can.
Dumbo is such a MK classic, I wouldn't skip it, especially with a 9 year old on her first trip. Won't take much of your time.

Dumbo is such a MK classic, I wouldn't skip it, especially with a 9 year old on her first trip. Won't take much of your time.
I also haven't done Barnstormer so maybe we will do that one, too. I just don't know how much we will be able to accomplish. I don't want to rush so much that we can't enjoy ourselves. We will have another full day at MK so we could always try to get 4th and so on FPs for some of those.

I was actually expecting more carts, but I only spotted about one open in each land. No issues, I just thought there would be more.
Has anyone noted how many carts and where they are located? I know one near BTMRR has been mentioned and one in FL and one in TL. Where have others been seen, and how many are there? Just trying to get my strategy in place for 3/8--DS loves all the snacks, especially free ones!

When you get off space mountain ride, instead of following the exit out you follow the red line along the wall or green line (which ever side you are on) and it takes you right back up to the ride
Great tip, thanks for letting us know!

3) yes it does show wait times during DAH
Was going to ask about accuracy, but then saw that GADisneyDad14 said he's been seeing the default "low numbers". Guess we'll just ignore them!

Looking forward to 3/8. Still sad that I was there for the last one in 2016 on my birthday and they had lowered the price, but didn't tell anyone! I would have jumped on it for the lower price!

We will have our niece (9) and her mom who have never been to Disney so I just hope they will be able to make it.
Not to sidetrack too terribly but we had 3 WDW newbies with us and they were not cut out to rush around for 3 days. They are young and in great shape but we’re just slightly peeved that vaca could be so much work haha. They had no idea how schedule oriented and busy it would be and we had to drag them to everything because they didn’t realize/understand that missing RD or a FP would throw off the whole day. 2 of them couldn’t even make it to 11:00 pm at DAH. Hope your crew is more open to it all but try to stay flexible!

Has anyone noted how many carts and where they are located? I know one near BTMRR has been mentioned and one in FL and one in TL. Where have others been seen, and how many are there? Just trying to get my strategy in place for 3/8--DS loves all the snacks, especially free ones!

Great tip, thanks for letting us know!

Was going to ask about accuracy, but then saw that GADisneyDad14 said he's been seeing the default "low numbers". Guess we'll just ignore them!

Looking forward to 3/8. Still sad that I was there for the last one in 2016 on my birthday and they had lowered the price, but didn't tell anyone! I would have jumped on it for the lower price!
There were two carts between Tomorrowland and fantasyland that were the least packed. There had to be 10+ carts that we saw but most of them had 10-15 people in line.

I can’t speak to Adventureland because we pretty much did that area before DAH, but here is what I recall:

- Ice cream & popcorn to the left of the entrance to BTMRR
- Ice cream to the right of HM entrance
- Ice cream & popcorn in Liberty Square
- Popcorn in the hub going towards Tomorrowland
- Ice cream on the walkway between Tea Cups and Speedway (or maybe just past Speedway?)
- Ice cream & popcorn in Tomorrowland, near SM

I feel like there had to have been somewhere in Fantasyland, but I don’t recall where. Hope this helps!

There is a popcorn cart in the hub, just to the left of the walkway to tomorrowland. There were at least 3 people working this one when I was there.

There is an ice cream cart in fantasyland, almost across form the entrance to 7 Dwarfs, along the wall that's in the middle of the walkway. I think the popcorn cart was near Pinocchio House restaurant.

Not to sidetrack too terribly but we had 3 WDW newbies with us and they were not cut out to rush around for 3 days. They are young and in great shape but we’re just slightly peeved that vaca could be so much work haha. They had no idea how schedule oriented and busy it would be and we had to drag them to everything because they didn’t realize/understand that missing RD or a FP would throw off the whole day. 2 of them couldn’t even make it to 11:00 pm at DAH. Hope your crew is more open to it all but try to stay flexible!
Honestly if her and her mom can’t keep up/make it to things on time we might just split up, but for dah we will most likely stay together because that will be their first day in mk and I don’t want them worrying about how to get around. It’s a rest day so they can’t have the excuse of being tired lol.

I agree, Dumbo is a classic and... so pretty at night! I also recommend it. It definitely won’t take up too much time. I’d also suggest Magic Carpets. It’s a favorite of ours. It’s just a spinner like Dumbo, but with Carpets you can tilt the ride vehicle which adds an extra element of fun. As well as a camel that spits water at you.

I agree, Dumbo is a classic and... so pretty at night! I also recommend it. It definitely won’t take up too much time. I’d also suggest Magic Carpets. It’s a favorite of ours. It’s just a spinner like Dumbo, but with Carpets you can tilt the ride vehicle which adds an extra element of fun. As well as a camel that spits water at you.
Alright you’ve convinced me lol. We will try them both on our dah night. We might be able to do carpets before dah actually starts.

Alright you’ve convinced me lol. We will try them both on our dah night. We might be able to do carpets before dah actually starts.

We too took advantage of DAH to ride what we normally skip (Astro Orbiter & Pooh) because the lines are too long during normal hours. Since this will be their intro to MK, I’d do as many different types of attractions as possible - so you can concentrate on repeating favorites during normal hours.

We too took advantage of DAH to ride what we normally skip (Astro Orbiter & Pooh) because the lines are too long during normal hours. Since this will be their intro to MK, I’d do as many different types of attractions as possible - so you can concentrate on repeating favorites during normal hours.
That sounds great! We will do that.

It’s good to know someone else went to the parks the day after dah. We are going 3/1 and then trying to rd at ak the next morning (which opens at 8). We’ll see how tired we are.

We did the exact same thing, as we had an 8am FP+ for FOP. We were tired, yes. But between the excitement of our 4 parks in 1 day challenge and a few coffees for me and Cokes for the kid, we were good to go. 28,000 steps on Friday.

We did the exact same thing, as we had an 8am FP+ for FOP. We were tired, yes. But between the excitement of our 4 parks in 1 day challenge and a few coffees for me and Cokes for the kid, we were good to go. 28,000 steps on Friday.
We have an 8:35 FP for fop! I think we should have enough adrenaline to keep us going at least for a little bit. I’m just not sure if we will last all day at ak. I wish there was a dah this week so I could read more reviews!

I'll use this post to keep track of fellow DISers who are attending DAH. If you'd like to be added to the guest list, just let me know. Thanks!

2018 Disney After Hours Guest List

Friday, January 19 (8PM-11PM)

@anomamatt
@Wackdawg
@bcactus
@MaryLovesPoohBear
@CrabbyPatty
@famsen
@pattyw
@heidijanesmith
@PatMcDuck
@RDarling
@Rmurphy005
@Disney_Princess83
@Elbygrl
@Scooter2376
@Princess Michele

Friday, January 26 (8PM-11PM)
@hosler427
@honeymo78
@kippynumber1
@First timer
@ksinniger
@MrsInsG
@Sammi & Mittz
@Liver Lips Mcgrowl
@mlp1933
@CAQDaddy
@UpstateMick
@jcconn
@TheFloatingBear
@Daisybell911
@Silock
@collegeprogram01
@fiasco32
@Star Tourist
@Dviro
@lexybear
@DavidHobart
@ALMinVA
@lynn_s

Tuesday, January 30 (8PM-11PM)
@OhhBother
@krauh
@sdomino11
@BurTam
@focusondisney
@amandaleigh2
@Limes96
@Amanda&Mike
@Aflyingbuttress
@Karen46
@Euby
@dolewhipdreams
@Lsdolphin
@mcurrence
@katherine52478
@kmc8826
@SteveH
@lulu2121
@subtchr
@TropicalDIS
@Staren
@fgnghg5821
@intricatejewel
@flyersud99
@theme_park_mom
@summerlvr
@happiest place
@Thomasfouraker
@Armycavprincess

Thursday, February 8 (8PM-11PM)

@coasternut22
@jaybee1026
@kerreyn
@lizabu
@DisneyGuy
@fstone
@MommaBerd
@hereforthechurros
@Brandilla
@kellyarms20
@April P
@erinscreen
@GMatisse
@Arubaflower
@fitgirlFL
@sky13

Thursday, February 15 (9PM-12AM)
@eeyoreandtink
@CarolynFH
@dwsandy
@georgina
@sadliltear
@julezdisney
@disneyAndi14
@ceeceegee
@PlutosNumberOneFan
@cancersucks
@nancy155
@disneyAndi14
@lovedisney123
@junebug
@melliemelo
@monique5

Thursday, March 1 (9PM-12AM)

@Haley R
@MIAMouseketeer
@igrsod
@senadler
@Lesley Wake
@foodiddiedoo
@bjschil
@Johndubbya
@MischaOz
@SmithSmith
@lvcourtneyy
@wootejl
@to be tink
@TIGGER1981
@Danadanes
@cindyfan
@BrownHP800
@cruisecrasher
@Momfoaj

Thursday, March 8 (9PM-12AM)
@Tinkerbell58
@Pdollar88
@bbangel
@MermaidMommy
@jenushkask8s
@indyannamom
@csmom
@rosysubmarine
@DisDreaming4116
@Mopedmom1
@Elsaspiritanimal
@Minniemoo15
@kristenabelle
@lata
@TexasKiwiPrincess
@The_Big_Goof
@SnowWhiteDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!