"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m beat and my brain is fried, so this will be quick and simple.

Fun night. :hyper:

Everyone was in great spirits.

Weather was pretty perfect.

Not much different than EMH from a few years ago.

Actually EMH was less crowded then.

Kinda sucks we have to pay now for such a similar experience.

Love that the crowds sit before HEA.

Means plenty of room for prime spots 15 mins before showtime.

Love that OUAT is after HEA.

Means it’s easy to exit the hub because the crowds stay put.

Treat carts were awesome.

The hub carts were the least busy.

Olaf bar yummy.

Tangled Lantern photo pass a go.

Everything we rode was a literal walk-on.

Couldn’t ride Haunted Mansion a 2nd time without getting off.

Emporium and Casey’s open past midnight.

Bus to AKL took FOREVER.

But met some great people while waiting. ::yes::

Did everything we wanted.

That is until we were leaving and realized we hadn’t met Mickey. Doh!

That means won’t get a chance to see Talking Mickey a final time. :(

Glad I went.

Good night.

Last edited:

I still have FPs through Saturday so hopefully our dah tickets worked.

You may want to check how many days are remaining on your tickets, under my tickets in MDE just to be sure and so you can address it right away if there is an issue.

No surprise Pirates opening? :rolleyes1 Was the attraction still listed on the lanyard? I don’t know why I’m fixated on it, but the poor cast having to turn folks away.

No surprise Pirates opening? :rolleyes1 Was the attraction still listed on the lanyard? I don’t know why I’m fixated on it, but the poor cast having to turn folks away.
I actually didn’t see anyone with the second card on the lanyard listing the attractions! I know the ones st Liberty Square didn’t have them but did anyone else have one?

We are exhausted today did not get back to AKL until 2am.
We had a great time. Everything was walk on except for 7 min wait at 7 Dwarfs.

Got in at 6:20
FP Haunted Mansion
Dinner
HEA show
Under the Sea
Barnstormer - was down for 10 to 15 min.
9:00 pm
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
7 Dwarfs - less than 10 min wait
ice cream break
Speedway
Buzz
Space Mountain x2
People Mover
Ice cream break
Haunted Mansion
Splash
Thunder Mountain x2
Ice cream break
Splash x2 - shut it down my son thought that was awesome
Walked around got pictures saw the Goodnight Kiss
Caught the Boat at 1am

I haven’t had time to post a full a recap yet but here are a few notes...

-Got in just before 6
-Weather was amazing
-between getting there at 6 and when we left at 12, we had done every single thing we would normally set out to do in a full day at the park. By the end we were even walking around saying, “well... what do you want to do now?”
-Waiting a good 15-20 min for both Peter Pan and 7DMT. Everything else was walk-on
-No luck using lanyards as FP until about 8:55 when we were let into the Splash Mtn FP line
-We were handed one of the line-time lanyard things (sorry I don’t know what those are called) in the Peter Pan line so they were at least attempting to post accurate wait times. Of course shortly after we got in the “10 min” line, they bumped it up to 25 min. It ended up being somewhere around 15-20 for us.

All in all... AMAZING!!! Would do it again in a heartbeat if we ever have another opportunity with just my husband and I. Couldn’t have asked for a better night :)

I am sooo excited for this event March 8th which coincides with my 60th birthday :tink:I will be there celebrating with my sweet hubby. He doesn't do crowded parks, so I'm hoping this is slow and easy. Did March 1st appear crowded at a sell out, to anyone?

I will have this t-shirt on. If you see us, Please say hi! Would love to meet other Dis Board members. ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Attachments

• 13125.jpeg
    13125.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 8
@wootejl and @Momfoaj How were the crowds after HEA, from 8-9? What did you guys do during that time (and would you recommend it)? Thanks!
In my opinion the crowds were significantly lighter after HEA. Just scrolling through the app looking at wait times everything seemed pretty low to me. I remember commenting to my husband how it didn’t feel as crowded as I was expecting and that there was a noticeable drop in crowds after HEA. I don’t know if I have any recommendations because we basically just looked at what we had already crossed off our list, what we wanted to hold off on until 9, and what had a low wait time and made a call from there. I want to say we ended up doing Haunted Mansion (standby), Little Mermaid, and then Splash (let us use FP line) right at 8:55.

In my opinion the crowds were significantly lighter after HEA. Just scrolling through the app looking at wait times everything seemed pretty low to me. I remember commenting to my husband how it didn’t feel as crowded as I was expecting and that there was a noticeable drop in crowds after HEA. I don’t know if I have any recommendations because we basically just looked at what we had already crossed off our list, what we wanted to hold off on until 9, and what had a low wait time and made a call from there. I want to say we ended up doing Haunted Mansion (standby), Little Mermaid, and then Splash (let us use FP line) right at 8:55.
I agree with @wooteji. We avoided main street for HEA. The rest of the park was not bad at all. There were a few people really giving grief to the cast members for not being allowed to get on a rides after 9. We had a FP for Under the Sea at 8:30 rode it after the fireworks and then just started in that corner and worked our way around.

We entered at 645 - did fp for belle, 7 dwarf and Peter Pan. Watched fireworks from carousel area, then did hm. Made our way to frontierland. As dah started
Btmr (wanted 2x but it stopped running).
Splash
Jungle cruise
Swiss fam walk through
Buzz (stayed on) 2x
Space
Speedway 5 min wait
Teacups
Barnstormer x3 (stayed on)
Pooh
Seven dwarfs 8 min wait.
Big thunder 2x to end the night.

Plus 2 ice cream stops and several Water's. Kids were dragging at the end...standing on the bus home to AKL was not fun - ds 8 fell asleep standing up :). Only waited about 5 mins for a bus so I was thankful.

We all thought it was great. Don't plan rope drop the next day! We woke at 915!

Ok, a recap of my night.

Entered park earlier in the afternoon via AP; rides and dinner; got lanyard; dessert party and Happily Ever After.

Pre-DAH
Rode Peoplemover
Tried to use lanyard FP at Buzz but no luck. Didn’t want to wait for anything so headed back to Hub to meet my friend who was arriving from Epcot. Realized Once Upon a Time was about to start so I got to watch that.

By the end of OUAT, it was 9pm.
Buzz (walk-on)
Met Friend.
Peoplemover again, I love that ride!
Buzz again (per request of friend)
Space; got stuck behind someone not walking on exit moving walkway (they also had a manual wheelchair) and it was super annoying so we had to squeeze by them and the wheelchair and they gave us attitiude, so I snarked right back.
Barnstormer x2 (let us stay on so we called an audible and rode again)
Under the Sea
Considered seeing Ariel but wait was 15 min so skipped.
Grabbed some water/coke/ice cream bar for friend.
Winnie the Pooh

Split from friend as he headed to frontier and i wanted to do 7D despite posted wait time.
7DMT-posted wait 25 min; actually less than 10 min. Waited to get the back car.
7DMT again-posted 20 min, actually 7 min including plenty of time to play in queue (I’ve always just FPed it)
More water/sodas. I was too stuffed for ice cream.
Peter Pan-posted 25 min. No line until you get back out of the extended queue. I was alone in Nursery so i got to have awesome interactions with the shadows. Total wait about 7 min

Headed to Adventureland to meet friend again.
While waiting for him rode Magic Carpets x2. Had an awesome CM (I already tweeted a cast compliment), who was just hilarious and having so much fun! A highlight: “You get a carpet, you get a carpet, everyone gets a carpet!”

Met my friend at Jungle Cruise and it was his dream to have a private boat. We mentioned that to the CM and originally they were skeptical it would happen because more people kept coming up. But the skippers on the dock ended up working hard to get us a boat, with them filling up the previous boat, waiting for a new empty one and then rushing it along to get out of the dock before more people walked up! We even ended up with one of them as our Skipper because they did a switch off. And that ride was amazing! My friend videoed it all and the guy didn’t even need to use his speaker! He made plenty of new jokes (some you probably wouldn’t do in a larger group) and was having so much fun with us too. He even was able to talk in the temple cave since he wasn’t using a speaker. Truly wonderful and I also tweeted out a compliment for them.

By the time we were done it was 12:00 exactly, so no more rides.

Ended up waiting a while for AKL bus, but thankfully I got a seat. But it was packed full and a lot of people were left in the bus waiting area. I really wish I had just gotten a Minnie van or walked to contemporary and gotten an uber, as I forgot the bus also stopped at Kidani before Jambo. Got back to my room around 1:10 am.

Also ran into @SmithSmith in the hallway which was a nice surprise! Sorry we couldn’t talk longer but I think we were both so exhausted!

Overall it was a lot of fun! I’m not sure if I’ll do it again (partially because I don’t know if I’ll be visiting when it’s offered, and partially because I don’t know if I want to spend money).

You may want to check how many days are remaining on your tickets, under my tickets in MDE just to be sure and so you can address it right away if there is an issue.
Yeah it used one of our tickets. We are supposed to go to mk tomorrow morning so not sure what to do. We tried calling and they said we have to do it in person.

Yeah it used one of our tickets. We are supposed to go to mk tomorrow morning so not sure what to do. We tried calling and they said we have to do it in person.
Sorry to hear that! I hope you had an amazing time anyway. I hope they can clarify everything and you don't lose your FPs! Wishing you pixie dust and maybe some anytime FPs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!