"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I wrote a few days ago since I had already purchased regular tickets that I would not want to use if I was able to get DAH tickets. We were able to change our tickets over from the park passes to DAH tickets and actually managed to save nearly $50 USD total somehow. I am very excited! But, now I need to change our dining reservations.

We will be doing DAH on February 7, which means the DAH is 8:00 to 11:00. I think fireworks are at 8:00. What time can DAH guests enter the parks? Does it make a difference if we have an ADR at say 5:30 or 6:00? Basically, I want to be able to eat in MK AND watch fireworks and then go do rides :) My kids are still on the young side (5 and 8) and we will be walking over from the Contemporary and I suspect they will be pretty upset if we get turned away by showing up too early.

Thanks for your advice!

Hi everyone!

I wrote a few days ago since I had already purchased regular tickets that I would not want to use if I was able to get DAH tickets. We were able to change our tickets over from the park passes to DAH tickets and actually managed to save nearly $50 USD total somehow. I am very excited! But, now I need to change our dining reservations.

We will be doing DAH on February 7, which means the DAH is 8:00 to 11:00. I think fireworks are at 8:00. What time can DAH guests enter the parks? Does it make a difference if we have an ADR at say 5:30 or 6:00? Basically, I want to be able to eat in MK AND watch fireworks and then go do rides :) My kids are still on the young side (5 and 8) and we will be walking over from the Contemporary and I suspect they will be pretty upset if we get turned away by showing up too early.

Thanks for your advice!
They have been letting dah people in at 6 so you wouldn’t want an ADR any earlier than that. I would be hesitant to even have one at 6 because you will be late. We had an early dinner outside the park at around 4:30 and that worked perfect for us. Maybe you could eat at the contemporary or another monorail hotel?

Ok, I went back to check Disney articles and blog posts when the new dates were announced and none of them mention 11/26..... but Disney's website now shows it and includes it in the event details. Time is 10pm-1am.

Not sure when it was added... but happy planning folks!

Fantastic news! This is the one event I’ve been hoping for and it lands at a perfect time. Just got my tickets so you can put me on the schedule, please, ‘Dad.

I did DAH back in August. Park closed at 10, so DAH was 10-1. We got in the park at 6 which gave us about 4 hours “extra” in the park. I’m doing DAH again on January 24. Am I correct in that I will still only be permitted in the park at 6?? With park closing at 8?? If so, that’s kind of a bummer. Like a previous poster I was hoping for an earlier dinner.

I did DAH back in August. Park closed at 10, so DAH was 10-1. We got in the park at 6 which gave us about 4 hours “extra” in the park. I’m doing DAH again on January 24. Am I correct in that I will still only be permitted in the park at 6?? With park closing at 8?? If so, that’s kind of a bummer. Like a previous poster I was hoping for an earlier dinner.

Yup, 7pm officially, around 6pm in practice.

For better or worse the variable event time and static park entry time has been a part of DAH more or less from the beginning, so for some it’s a component of the “value equation” to some extent.

I caved and bought tickets for me and DH for 11/26 :) This trip is with my MIL, but she doesn't want to go since it's so late, so it'll be a date night for us! :banana:

Now, I have to figure how we'll get from the Candlelight Processional at 8:15 to MK in time for the 10pm event to start. Maybe we'll walk over to BC and take the bus over, and put my MIL in an Uber back to our resort. Hmmm....

I caved and bought tickets for me and DH for 11/26 :) This trip is with my MIL, but she doesn't want to go since it's so late, so it'll be a date night for us! :banana:

Now, I have to figure how we'll get from the Candlelight Processional at 8:15 to MK in time for the 10pm event to start. Maybe we'll walk over to BC and take the bus over, and put my MIL in an Uber back to our resort. Hmmm....

CP and then MK DAH? Wow, that’s a great combo!

Hmm, I already have the CP package at Biergarten booked (with the 8:15 showing), but now I'm seriously considering doing the DAH after on 11/26. Why, Disney...WHY???? :rotfl2:
We are doing the 6:45 CP showing on Dec 3rd and then doing DAH. We couldn't resist when the tickets came out. So totally understand your dilemma. First world problems.

I may be regretting this at 1am on 11/27. Or, maybe when checkout time rolls around on 11/27 and I have to get out of bed! :sad2::rotfl:

I spent today moving stuff so Tuesday could be a sleep-in day instead of the previously planned Wednesday. Kind of a pita but definitely worth it.

Yup, 7pm officially, around 6pm in practice.

For better or worse the variable event time and static park entry time has been a part of DAH more or less from the beginning, so for some it’s a component of the “value equation” to some extent.

It definitely had an impact on our decision of which date to select. My husband and I have been wanting to do a short resort-only trip for a while, so when DAH dates were announced for early 2019...it finally pushed us over the edge. This way we get to dip our toes in at Magic Kingdom but get to spend the rest of our trip just relaxing at the resort (and eating!) If I'm paying for an upcharge event, I want to get the most hours out of that money as possible!

I just purchased our tickets for the 11/26 DAH.

I guess good things can come from bad ones, because if Disney has not messed with my 11/28 park hours, I wouldn’t have noticed the new 11/26 DAH!

I just purchased our tickets for the 11/26 DAH.

I guess good things can come from bad ones, because if Disney has not messed with my 11/28 park hours, I wouldn’t have noticed the new 11/26 DAH!

Glad it worked out for you. Yeah, Disney seemingly slipped 11/26 in there this week with no announcement that I can tell - it just appeared.

Have fun.

The ticket for this is not showing up on MDE....I do have a confirmation number. Do I just bring that number to the parks when I pick up whatever lanyard they are using, or is there some other hard ticket I need to obtain from guest services?

Inga

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter