"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!! I can't wait! We are checking in on October 14 and staying until October 28. Hoping to do the party on the 26th.

Is Oogie Boogie at the Halloween party? Can I stand in line to meet him? Or anywhere else?

Throw Back Sunday!
Did anyone else happen to notice that the October 2006 calendar lines up with October 2017?
MNSSHP October 2006: 2, 5, 6, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30, 31 There were 15 scheduled events.

While this will be our first MNSSHP we have done several MHP at Disneyland. We always dressed up before but this year I'm thinking of not being in full costume (just some fun Halloween shirts or Disneybounding). For me the costume feels like a waste of money since I end up having to buy another one to wear to work (I'm a teacher and at my school all the teachers wear themed costumes).

My son didn't wear his costume last year becuase it was too hot-the weather the first week of October when we have fall break can be very different than what we have on Halloween night. That would mean 2 different costumes for him too - one for high temps and one for low temps. Ugh. I like dressing up and all but its tough to justify buying 2 costumes for each of us when we are already spending a boat load of money to go on vacation.

While this will be our first MNSSHP we have done several MHP at Disneyland. We always dressed up before but this year I'm thinking of not being in full costume (just some fun Halloween shirts or Disneybounding). For me the costume feels like a waste of money since I end up having to buy another one to wear to work (I'm a teacher and at my school all the teachers wear themed costumes).

My son didn't wear his costume last year becuase it was too hot-the weather the first week of October when we have fall break can be very different than what we have on Halloween night. That would mean 2 different costumes for him too - one for high temps and one for low temps. Ugh. I like dressing up and all but its tough to justify buying 2 costumes for each of us when we are already spending a boat load of money to go on vacation.

I totally get that the hot humid Florida weather can be off putting when wearing costumes and agree Disneybounding or fun Halloween shirts can make all the difference not only monetarily but also in luggage. What state are you from and what are the dates of your school breaks? Again, totally jealous as we don't have any breaks in October here in MI, at least not in my district and I'm affiliated with two of them:(

We are from California. Our school district does a modified year round system with shorter summer breaks (7 weeks as opposed to 10-12) and we have 2 week breaks in October, December, and March and a 1 week break in November.

We have October break this year from 10/2 through 10/13 which is great for me since I get to be off and on vacation on my birthday. However, it does feel tough when us teachers report back to work a few days before school starts on July 27th. It's also very hard to plan summer camps for my son when most of them are at the end of July or beginning of August when we are already back in school. Last year he was invited to attend on a scholarship a prestigious theater camp that was having masters classes taught be Idina Menzel but then he would have had to miss the first week of school which is a no go. It's got pluses but also some big minuses.

We are from California. Our school district does a modified year round system with shorter summer breaks (7 weeks as opposed to 10-12) and we have 2 week breaks in October, December, and March and a 1 week break in November.

We have October break this year from 10/2 through 10/13 which is great for me since I get to be off and on vacation on my birthday. However, it does feel tough when us teachers report back to work a few days before school starts on July 27th. It's also very hard to plan summer camps for my son when most of them are at the end of July or beginning of August when we are already back in school. Last year he was invited to attend on a scholarship a prestigious theater camp that was having masters classes taught be Idina Menzel but then he would have had to miss the first week of school which is a no go. It's got pluses but also some big minuses.
Wow the schools in the US have tons of time off. I'm from BC and currently live in Ontario and all we have ever had off are 8 weeks in summer (July and August), 2 weeks at Christmas and a week at March. Even at Thanksgiving in October it's only 3 days.

Wow the schools in the US have tons of time off. I'm from BC and currently live in Ontario and all we have ever had off are 8 weeks in summer (July and August), 2 weeks at Christmas and a week at March. Even at Thanksgiving in October it's only 3 days.

I think it really depends on which state you live in and what grade your child is in. As stated earlier, in MI we have no breaks in October this would be for Jr. High & Elementary (they get half day on Oct 31st). But with the new administration (Trumps Gang) things maybe changing.

Our year in my district is shorter now than it used to be but one reason for that is money. We started taking the entire week off for thanksgiving now because we had so many absences that week that the school lost too much money staying open since we get state and federal funds based on average daily attendance. One really poorly attended week can mean much less funding for the whole year. We still have 187 days that students attend and 192 work days (a Couple of days before school starts, a day after the year is over and 2 teacher work days a year). I always work summer school to earn money for vacations so to me the numbers are meaningless.

I know some other districts in the state that don't do an October break but do do a 3-4 week December break since so many students went to Mexico for Christmas and stayed for a month that it made the most sense for the school to just be closed if attendance was going to be down by 70%.

We have the same break regardless of grade. From high school to kindergarten our students are on the same schedule. The only differ nice is how many hours a day they attend

At Least it lets me go to MNSSHP even if I report back to school in July.

And just for fun here we are at last years MHP at Disneyland.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Is Oogie Boogie at the Halloween party? Can I stand in line to meet him? Or anywhere else?
From last year Oogie Boogie was only part of the parade for the party. I did see that on Halloween he was available to meet at Saratoga Springs.

I'm hoping they do the same this year

We did 2 parties last year, and are going to do it again this year. It was so much fun! Also hoping we catch the first MVMCP too as we've never been. But something about Halloween is just more exciting to me :)
We have done 2 parties the last 2 years and it makes the nights sooooo much less stressful! I'm already freaking out that there will likely only be 1 during our dates this year. I don't like having to prioritize! Lol!

I'm not sure if it has been addressed here, but what are the chances of the 1st parties to be at the end of August. The calendar has 8/25/17 with a MK close of 7 pm. Wondering if there will be a party that day??? :scratchin

I'm not sure if it has been addressed here, but what are the chances of the 1st parties to be at the end of August. The calendar has 8/25/17 with a MK close of 7 pm. Wondering if there will be a party that day??? :scratchin

The calendar does lead us to think there should be one then, however the calendar has lead us to believe other dates as well that didn't turn out happening. Not that it's really any help to you, but at this point, I'd say while there def. could be a party that day, there's also a decent likelihood that there won't be. Hopefully they'll release concrete dates soon.

The calendar does lead us to think there should be one then, however the calendar has lead us to believe other dates as well that didn't turn out happening. Not that it's really any help to you, but at this point, I'd say while there def. could be a party that day, there's also a decent likelihood that there won't be. Hopefully they'll release concrete dates soon.

I will certainly be keeping my fingers crossed!!! :bitelip:

Welp, first curveball on the calendar released today. I was hoping for Tuesday Sept 5th for our night and MK is now scheduled to close at the regular time of 9PM. Previously they had 7 PM scheduled closings of Friday 08/25, Tue 08/29, Friday 09/01 and so naturally I was thinking Tue 09/05. We are only there for 4 nights so it looks like Friday 09/08 or bust for me. Fingers crossed. Really want to go this year, but was hoping for a less crowded Tuesday night.

It looks like there will be parties on 08/25 and 08/29, unless for some inexplicable reason the most crowded park at Disney is going to close randomly 2 hours early those nights.
I'm thinking it's listed like this cause Disney is considering these dates, but these dates could be updated to a regular 9pm closing at any time. That happened a few years back.

I'm thinking it's listed like this cause Disney is considering these dates, but these dates could be updated to a regular 9pm closing at any time. That happened a few years back.
I noticed on Kenny the Pirate's site that he did have those two August dates listed as possible party dates, but the Friday 09/01 and Thursday 09/07 he lists as party dates without the possible distinction. Very interesting. He also gets schedules early from Disney travel agents, so seems pretty legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter