"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sis and I went to MNSSHP in September 2015. We had mixed reviews about it because the crowds were so huge! It was uncomfortable hot and stormy, so maybe that had something to do with it. We met The Witch out in front of the Hall of Presidents...it was AWESOME! Haunted Mansion was so fun and the costumes on some people were incredible! Hocus Pocus Stage show was really fantastic pixiedust: We are going to be there again this year and thinking seriously of trying to go again! How was everyone's experiences in 2016?

We were at the first party of the year last year. It was awesome and I didn't find it to be too crowded. There were fewer sold out parties last year compared to 2015.

I agree with you! We were there, too! We got everything we wanted done during this party. I couldn't believe how small the lines were for the rides. It was a really fun experience!

Yea the lines for the rides were short, but I think I only went on Jungle Cruise just before the party started and Haunted Mansion. By the time I got out of HM, the party was in full swing and the character was out in front. Had a fantastic time.

One thing, I did not do any of the high priority M&G (no Jack, no Dwarfs). I only did Belle and Gaston.

I would also say that I think the order that most sites is wrong for recommendations.

I did:

Rides and candy
Parade, Hocus Pocus, fireworks
Candy
M&G
Candy
Hocus Pocus

A lot of people recommend doing second parade. But I think the combo of parade, HP and fireworks, allows you to spend the rest of the night in the back of the park doing candy, M&G and rides.

I know they didn't do them last year, but how often have they had a Halloween party on 11/1 or 2? We are hoping to make it for Halloween itself, but that is dependent on my son's football schedule and when their last game is. I'm wondering how often a party happens that 1st or 2nd day of November. (Our problem would be not being able to leave PA until the 28th if he has football on the 27th.) Just wondering what has happened historically. And if I missed it in the first post, someone just give me a swift kick in the rear! LOL! TIA!

I agree with you! We were there, too! We got everything we wanted done during this party. I couldn't believe how small the lines were for the rides. It was a really fun experience!
On average, how long did you wait in line for rides during the party?

I was at one of the sold-out parties last year. (September 25). I did not have a single issue with crowding. I did everything I wanted over the 5 hours. Had an amazing time. I had heard horror stories of how busy the party is. Didn't fell or see anything that impacted my experience because of the other guests.

This is how I felt about MVMCP in December. People were reporting back how crowded they were, but we were at a sold out party (12/22) and we thought the crowd level was amazing, and wished it was like that in the MK all the time! Frontierland and Adventureland had low waits all night. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were busier, but not terrible. We did Wishes and then the second parade, and had no issues whatsoever.

I'm glad to read you had a similar experience at a sold out Halloween party!

On average, how long did you wait in line for rides during the party?

Maybe 15 mins at the most!
We were given a little pixie dust for It's a Small World...a cast member unlocked the fence and let our group of 8 slip through into the fast pass line! We did a lot of the main rides too (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, 7D, etc.). It was a really nice evening...but we went in knowing we were there for the rides!

I hope to hear more about the low crowds and wait times. It's still up in the air but I would love to experience it if it seems it might be worth it.

I hope to hear more about the low crowds and wait times. It's still up in the air but I would love to experience it if it seems it might be worth it.

We went to two parties on our trip. I would definitely do the parties again. We were able to ride so many rides multiple times. It was a great experience!

I went to neither party for the rides beyond Haunted Mansion for Halloween and Jingle Cruise for Christmas. The treat stations, characters, parade, fireworks, stage shows (Hocus Pocus more so).

Is this party worth it for a 5 year old and a 2 (almost 3) year old? I'm afraid my 2 year old might poop out at 9pm or so.

I assume my 2 year old gets in free?

Does anyone know if I can ask a CM friend to buy tickets for us? Would she have to be there with us the day of the party?

Thanks!

The MK typically closes at 9 Pm this time of year and we now have a definite pattern of 7 PM closures. Friday 08/25, Tuesday 08/29, and Friday 09/01. So excited!!! Hoping to attend Tuesday 09/05. Fingers crossed.

I know they didn't do them last year, but how often have they had a Halloween party on 11/1 or 2? We are hoping to make it for Halloween itself, but that is dependent on my son's football schedule and when their last game is. I'm wondering how often a party happens that 1st or 2nd day of November. (Our problem would be not being able to leave PA until the 28th if he has football on the 27th.) Just wondering what has happened historically. And if I missed it in the first post, someone just give me a swift kick in the rear! LOL! TIA!

I wouldn't expect one on the 1st this year since it's a Wednesday and they don't do parties on Wednesdays (the exception being when Halloween falls on Wednesday). I would tend to doubt they'll do one on the 2nd if they're not doing one on the 1st.

This is how I felt about MVMCP in December. People were reporting back how crowded they were, but we were at a sold out party (12/22) and we thought the crowd level was amazing, and wished it was like that in the MK all the time! Frontierland and Adventureland had low waits all night. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were busier, but not terrible. We did Wishes and then the second parade, and had no issues whatsoever.

I'm glad to read you had a similar experience at a sold out Halloween party!

The thing is though that most people don't spend the extra money for the parties to ride rides, which they can do during regular park hours.

Hoping for a party on 8/29 (just a hope - think this is probably just wishful thinking) and 9/1 (REALLY want this one). If we end up with both of those dates being parties we plan on going to both!
Judging by the park hours released for those dates, it's looking really good for you to get exactly what you wanted!!!! Congrats!!!

The thing is though that most people don't spend the extra money for the parties to ride rides, which they can do during regular park hours.

Yes, I understand that, and rides weren't necessarily our intent either when we were planning how we wanted to spend our time at the party. We only did five rides (pirates, haunted mansion, big thunder mtn, buzz lightyear, people mover), which were walk on with the exception of Buzz that had a 15 minute wait or so if I recall. Everything else we did was party exclusive.

The walkways were not crowded anywhere in the park outside of Main Street and the hub during the shows/parades, but we were still able to get great spots for both. For Holiday Wishes, near the tomorrowland side plaza gardens, and for the parade, about halfway down Main Street in front of the Emporium.

It didn't feel oversold to me, and we were able to do everything we wanted, outside of a few character meets because we weren't willing to spend so much time in line. It was disappointing to miss Jack Skellington, but it was in the high 80s that day and even my 11 year old, who is a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas, didn't want to wait for three hours for him to come out at 7pm.

Obviously, opinions on crowd size are going to vary person to person, but for us, it didn't seem like a problem at all. If we did nothing but party shows and the parade at the Christmas party, we'd have been done within a couple hours, or spent a lot of time standing in character lines.

I can only hope that if we end up at a sold out party for Halloween (which I don't think we will during our week) that the crowds are as manageable as they were for a sold out MVMCP.

**editing to add, we were at the 12/18 party not 12/22 like I typed in my other post, but it was also a sold out party.

Last edited:
We went in September 2015 to a party that ended up selling out. I did expect it to be less crowded then it ended up being, since it was an after hours limited admission hard ticket, but I liked it enough to go back again this September. We did ride Splash Mtn about 4 times in a row as a walk on. The parade was definitely more crowded then I thought it would be and the overall feel was pretty busy. You could forget about Mine Train or even Haunted Mansion, unless you wanted to spend a nice portion of the event waiting in line. Again, I liked it enough to pay to do it again, so I definitely recommend it. All around great atmosphere just being in the park.

We went in September 2015 to a party that ended up selling out. I did expect it to be less crowded then it ended up being, since it was an after hours limited admission hard ticket, but I liked it enough to go back again this September. We did ride Splash Mtn about 4 times in a row as a walk on. The parade was definitely more crowded then I thought it would be and the overall feel was pretty busy. You could forget about Mine Train or even Haunted Mansion, unless you wanted to spend a nice portion of the event waiting in line. Again, I liked it enough to pay to do it again, so I definitely recommend it. All around great atmosphere just being in the park.

Haunted Mansion was just about a walk-up at both MVMCP parties we went to in 2015 & 2016, maybe because its MNSSHP instead it'll be more popular? And SDMT, the line still gets about 1/2 hr long, but not as bad as I think it was when it was still relatively new (I think it opened in 2014?) :)

Haunted Mansion was just about a walk-up at both MVMCP parties we went to in 2015 & 2016, maybe because its MNSSHP instead it'll be more popular? And SDMT, the line still gets about 1/2 hr long, but not as bad as I think it was when it was still relatively new (I think it opened in 2014?) :)
Oh Yeah! That ride is a lot more popular for the MNSSHP because it's "dressed up" for the party and the workers are in costume, and there are some cool meet and greets there. Overall though, the lines are way better than normal and even the E tickets are better than busy weekends at MK.

Went to the sold out 10/30 party last year, and planning on another this year! I thought the sold out MNSSHP felt less crowded than the non sold out MVMCP I went to in 2016. The candy lines moved so quickly compared to the cookies, snow cones, hot chocolate, and egg nog! I got a great spot for Hallowishes and the second Boo to You Parade. The music is already going around in my head :-)

Has anyone done the Minni bbb package? How much was it? Also, did you find a lot of girls had done it at the party.

Does anyone know if the pirate version for the boys has a Mickey version for the party? Or, what the boy Halloween version is?

I wouldn't expect one on the 1st this year since it's a Wednesday and they don't do parties on Wednesdays (the exception being when Halloween falls on Wednesday). I would tend to doubt they'll do one on the 2nd if they're not doing one on the 1st.

Bummer! I'm hoping to make it for the last October parties, but my husband reminded me the oldest might have his last high school football game that weekend so the trip may be a no go. But I'll be there for Wine and Dine and check in on the first so I was hoping for a little magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter