"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to hear you had a great time! I am here now and know exactly what rain you were talking about on 10/22.

I also have the Tomorrowland dessert party booked. We don't have a strict itinerary (ironically because we normally do for park days) but I was wondering what time did you check-in for the dessert party? I am not sure how early to arrive.
You can check in any time after 4 pm at Tomorrowland Terrace . We checked in 7:30 pm, then rode Buzz Lightyear, AstroOrbiter, and People Mover.
They let you come back at 8:30 to officially start eating dessert. Very few people attended our party night, and we chose the Plaza Garden Viewing. Based on another thread, we hung at the back ( thanks @GADisneyDad14 ) and had an amazing view of fireworks + castle projections. Luckily, most people in the garden stayed seated for the fireworks.

We were on fence about canceling those dessert party reservations. Imagine for some people who have either seen Hallowishes or have been to a dessert party ( or know a good spot to stake) they might not be worthwhile. We loved it, and I'm so glad we booked.

Enjoy!!!!

First, my apologies it has taken so long to reply to you. Your response was greatly appreciated! As MNSSHP first timers, we didn't want to spend our time staking out a spot to watch Hallowishes. I've been watching this thread for months, and appreciate all the advice from @Cluelyss, @FoxC63, and @monique5.

We went this past Sunday, 10/22. It was very hot and humid! It was a downpour just prior to leaving our room at Polynesian. Took ponchos, but ended up not not needing them.

We had a 5:30 BOG ressie, rode almost everything in Tommorowland, picked up credentials for dessert party. My kids ate their weight in desserts, and we loved Hallowishes!

I had an itinerary prepped for character meets and magic shots, but my pre-teen and teenager just wanted to ride rides and walk around the park. We did not ride 7DMT as wait time was > 35 min throughout the night. Otherwise, we loved minimal wait times and cooler temps once the sun set (We had been in MK earlier in day). We loved Haunted Mansion with the hosts in make-up!

And following up from a much earlier comment from @FoxC63, temps here are forecast for highs Thurs 75 with lows in the 50s. We are from Alaska and were here last Christmas for a Candlelight Processional Show and she is correct that 50s in Florida feel very different from 50s in Midwest. Mostly wanted to say to keep in mind if attending Thursday's party.

We have no regrets about attending Sunday's Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party, thanks again for the advice!

@Alaskangirl02 - Glad you enjoyed the party and the HalloWishes Premium Dessert Party. I do enjoy the Dessert Parties too. Last year, DD8 @ time, decided she wanted to ride more, so I was in line for characters while her & DH were riding. Rides not high on my list during party, so everyone thoroughly enjoyed both parties last year. Then Dessert Party nice way to relax at end of night and recharge for just a few more things. :maleficen

We leave Thursday and are attending the Friday night party. Starting to get excited!! I shared pictures of costumes on the strategy thread. They were huge so I am not going to put them here too, but DH will be King Fergus, DD will be Lady Hades, and I will be wearing the new Her Universe Minne Mouse Dress.

We attended the party on October 15th.

22780536_10156211344631416_779876424648269007_n.jpg

While we had a lot of fun, I have to say we were very disappointed in the crowds this year. We have done four MNSSHP's in the past (2 in 2016, 2 in 2015) and one MVMCP (in 2016, which was also a sold out event) and this party, by far, was the most congested. It felt incredibly busy ALL night long, and wait times for the rides were by far longer than any other party we've attended. It definitely has us rethinking if we will invest the time and money (for tickets as well as for costumes) on this event next year. I would rather pay an additional $20 a ticket and have lighter attendance than to be pushing through mobs of people all night long.

On a positive note......the magic shots were great. Loved the Headless Horsemen especially!!

22549753_10156205049346416_135752637124329378_n.jpg

We got a TON of candy in the trick or treat lines. It was super fun to see all the great costumes that other guests were wearing.....many folks put a great deal of time and effort into making their families look amazing for this event.

We had dinner at Crystal Palace, which was fantastic (both food and character interaction). We utilized our three FP's between 4 and 7, which we were grateful for. The fireworks and parade were great, as always.

Lines for the characters were simply crazy, so we took a pass on all those. This party (and a couple of visits to Disney Springs) were the only Disney aspects to our trip (which was otherwise focused on the Universal parks) so we wanted to maximize our time and those long waits to meet characters just seemed like poor use of our time.

Will we go again next year? It's hard to say......I actually think we may do a day at Food & Wine instead. The party used to be a way for us to enjoy Disney without the crazy crowds, but if that's no longer the case, it's good motivation to explore other options. But who knows?

22780155_10156211344321416_4437144650292897275_n.jpg

22780536_10156211344631416_779876424648269007_n.jpg

While we had a lot of fun, I have to say we were very disappointed in the crowds this year. We have done four MNSSHP's in the past (2 in 2016, 2 in 2015) and one MVMCP (in 2016, which was also a sold out event) and this party, by far, was the most congested. It felt incredibly busy ALL night long, and wait times for the rides were by far longer than any other party we've attended. It definitely has us rethinking if we will invest the time and money (for tickets as well as for costumes) on this event next year. I would rather pay an additional $20 a ticket and have lighter attendance than to be pushing through mobs of people all night long.

On a positive note......the magic shots were great. Loved the Headless Horsemen especially!!

22549753_10156205049346416_135752637124329378_n.jpg

We got a TON of candy in the trick or treat lines. It was super fun to see all the great costumes that other guests were wearing.....many folks put a great deal of time and effort into making their families look amazing for this event.

We had dinner at Crystal Palace, which was fantastic (both food and character interaction). We utilized our three FP's between 4 and 7, which we were grateful for. The fireworks and parade were great, as always.

Lines for the characters were simply crazy, so we took a pass on all those. This party (and a couple of visits to Disney Springs) were the only Disney aspects to our trip (which was otherwise focused on the Universal parks) so we wanted to maximize our time and those long waits to meet characters just seemed like poor use of our time.

Will we go again next year? It's hard to say......I actually think we may do a day at Food & Wine instead. The party used to be a way for us to enjoy Disney without the crazy crowds, but if that's no longer the case, it's good motivation to explore other options. But who knows?

22780155_10156211344321416_4437144650292897275_n.jpg
Cool photos! You both look great!!! Is the ornament photo a magic shot or was that really there to stand by?? Not seen that one before.

You guys look fantastic!

Is that a newly added magic shot??!! (LARGE PUMPKIN) OR is that a new 'sticker' in the photo editing that wasn't there when I was editing my photos?

Cool photos! You both look great!!! Is the ornament photo a magic shot or was that really there to stand by?? Not seen that one before.

It was an actual prop to stand by. This was one of the few Photopass photographers that had virtually no line....so I'm guessing few people knew she was tucked in that little spot.

You guys look fantastic!

Is that a newly added magic shot??!! (LARGE PUMPKIN) OR is that a new 'sticker' in the photo editing that wasn't there when I was editing my photos?

Neither a magic shot nor a sticker.....it was an actual large pumpkin!

And thank you for the kind compliment. My DH is 6' 4" tall and 300+ pounds, so finding a costume that fits him is always a challenge. We had been pirates for the last two years, so it was imperative that we switch things up for the 2017 party.

Just sending out another reminder. If you will be at Disney for Halloween night and want to coordinate resort character hunting with a couple other people, let me know and I will add you to the private message.

Just sending out another reminder. If you will be at Disney for Halloween night and want to coordinate resort character hunting with a couple other people, let me know and I will add you to the private message.

Please post pics afterwards. This was news to me and I'm excited to see.

You can check in any time after 4 pm at Tomorrowland Terrace . We checked in 7:30 pm, then rode Buzz Lightyear, AstroOrbiter, and People Mover.
They let you come back at 8:30 to officially start eating dessert. Very few people attended our party night, and we chose the Plaza Garden Viewing. Based on another thread, we hung at the back ( thanks @GADisneyDad14 ) and had an amazing view of fireworks + castle projections. Luckily, most people in the garden stayed seated for the fireworks.

We were on fence about canceling those dessert party reservations. Imagine for some people who have either seen Hallowishes or have been to a dessert party ( or know a good spot to stake) they might not be worthwhile. We loved it, and I'm so glad we booked.

Enjoy!!!!
Thanks! We have an ADR at BoG before the actual party starts, so I will be heading to MK shortly. I will probably check-in right away, go to dinner, and then see where the party takes me.

Thanks for the help!

We're going to the party tonight! I'm so happy to see that the forecasted rain has moved on. We got rained on but good all day long at EPCOT yesterday but I'd rather the rain there than while I'm trying to get my trick-or-treat on!
OMG I felt the same way! I was so scared when I saw rain Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. So happy to have it all come Monday and clear up tonight :)

What time is trick or treating at the resorts? We will be in Disney for that night, but were planning on watching Rivers of Light at AK

This is the first I've heard about anything at the resorts

What time is trick or treating at the resorts? We will be in Disney for that night, but were planning on watching Rivers of Light at AK

This is the first I've heard about anything at the resorts
Each resort is different and has different times and events.

Google WDW resort monthly activity calendars, or ask at the front desk for your resort when you check in.

At the party tonight and it has been great! It seems less crowded than last year to me, but maybe it's because we haven't done any meets.

Arrived at 3:20, got in line and was let in at 3:45. Went and got SotMK card then FP+ at Peter Pan. Could have done its a small world first but DD doesn't like it. Walked on Tea cups, dumbo, Ariel,Barnstormer then FP+ for 7DMT. Had dinner at Cosmic Rays, rode people move and Space Mountain. Still wasn't 7! Rode thunder mountain a few times and Pirates then did a bunch of trick or treating and ride carpets. Had a dole whip then got a spot in front of Liberty Tree Tavern for parade at 8:45. After this going to watch fireworks and maybe do a few meet and greets and some shopping. Heading out earlier than usual because we are doing universal early tomorrow. Hope everyone else enjoys the party as much as we have! The rides were way more crowded in the 4-7 timeframe last year.

Hey I’ll be there! Send me a message when you can thanks!

We’re going to the last Halloween party on Nov 1st. We’re going to be dressed as Wendy, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook. I’m debating about heading to Peter pans meet and greet as soon as we get let into the party because I read he meets 350-430. Problem is we also want to meet Jack and sally.. how bad do you think the line will be if we get in it at 4:30? Thanks

We’re going to the last Halloween party on Nov 1st. We’re going to be dressed as Wendy, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook. I’m debating about heading to Peter pans meet and greet as soon as we get let into the party because I read he meets 350-430. Problem is we also want to meet Jack and sally.. how bad do you think the line will be if we get in it at 4:30? Thanks

Hmmm, according to WDW Peter Pan meets until 5:30 :confused3
upload_2017-10-25_0-45-58.png

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-peter-pan/

Nov 1st hasn't "Sold Out" so far, you should be "okay" meeting J&S after PP, but if it were my call I would meet J&S first because their line is obnoxiously long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter