"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is tonight's party sold out or is it just that you have to call instead of buy online day of?

I'm re-reading your reply...get in line for Jack at 4pm? The party doesn't start until 7, correct? So it's a 3 hour wait in line? Just wanted to clarify...

Jack and Sally come out before 7...I think someone said around 5. some of the characters come out before the party officially starts. You just show your wrist band for them.

Y'all are making me SO EXCITED for our party Sunday! (24th, and we're going on the 26th, too.) These will be my only Disney days, as my group within a group will be going to Harry Potter world at Universal the rest of our trip.

We'll have 17 people in matching vintage Mouseketeer costumes, and I'm super chuffed to be with such a large, matching group! (Somewhat less thrilled about managing to get around with a massive crowd, but we'll all be heading off to hit our FP soon enough, converging again for the parade.)

We couldn't get FP to meet Mickey so we plan to all go through his standard line as soon as we arrive at the park. That is my only "must do" character meet - Mickey in his normal garb, with the Mouseketeers. I've also never met talking Mickey, so - Yay! Do you think it's possible to get to meet Mickey in 45 minutes (from 4-4:45, before we have to dart off to our 4:00-5:00 FP)?

Other than meeting Mickey, my top priorities are rides and at the end of the night: CANDY. We plan to all meet to see the first parade. Two people in our party are in wheelchairs - last time we went, the handicapped accessible seating was in the Hub. Does anyone know if this is still true?

Then I'd like to see the fireworks in their entirety; if we're seated in the Hub, we may just stay in that area for them. I've only seen bits and pieces of the MK's fireworks from rides and through trees, in the many times I've been there at night.

I expect our first party to be busy (on a weekend, the final CM party ticket day, and the final Shades of Green reduced rate party day) and sorting out two non-powered wheelchairs is no joke in crowds - so my expectations for what we'll get done this first party are low. Since we're not into Meet and Greets, we'll actually have more time than most to go on rides, despite the crowds.

And I truly, truly love to see people's costumes, and interact with other guests. That's a part of the party that's only enhanced by having more guests: more costumes!

Yes, the times u posted above are correct. I was at big top for souvenirs about 6:15. Short lines then. Also ran in again about 11 and lines were non existent.

I'm not sure how much oogie boogie was, as DH paid for it while I stayed with kids. I can ask him if he remembers once he wakes up.

By, "both parties" are u referring to MNSSHP and MVMCP? If so, I am a Christmas fanatic, so MVMCP will always be my fav. But I obviously LOVED the HP too since I'm going again tonight! I must admit the parade at the HP was outstanding,so it was my favorite parade. Both parties are amazing and fun and worth the money IMO.

We did not wear costume this year, just mickey Halloween tees. We were in the process of moving this summer, so I never had time to do more then that. Next year, I'm not sure what we will do. The costumes are cute, but it is HOT and some of the people had to be miserable! I think festive clothing is a good middle ground.

Quoting myself to answer about oogie boogie bucket price. DH said it was "13 something". So I assume $13.50. He said the CM working the stand told him they sold out of their original supply by 715, but that they restock and to keep checking back. He did see the huge box of them getting unpacked once we finally found some. I suggest if you want one, try to get it at 7.

Yes and

And the 10/19 party as well. I very much want to meet jack n sally so I m hoping to get in line early n have very nice people around me to hold my spot as I get my party band

I would offer to do that for you, but we are not doing any M&Gs till later on in the night.

Where is Sleepy Hollow located. We've been to MK several times and I do not remember ever seeing it.

In your opinions, do you think the 9/26 party will be heavy or light crowd? Also, would I be better off trying to do HM on a regular day or during the party? TIA

Any other M&G characters that emerge early, or where to find a list? DD would love to meet Moana but I'm not keen on standing in line three hours ;)

& please help w/ FP+ times. In theory should they be available between 4 and 7 pm (the latest one at 6:55?) or do they cut it off at 6? I've been hoping to get a third FP but can't find anything past 5:45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter