"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumpkin waffles @ sleepy hallow - very yummy! Ended up being the only treat we got. Too busy and not really hungry. We shared it, which was perfect. Too much for 1. Would have liked to try the cheesecake and one of the HM desserts, but really wasn't hungry. This was the "must have" for us.
DIS4.jpg

We were able to get all of the magic shots during the party: (we didn't want the dancing skeletons)
Magic Shot - Headless Horseman [out front]
Magic Shot - Grave Diggers [town square - animated and still]
Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts [main st - animated and still]
Magic Shot - Grim Grinning Ghost Driver [haunted mansion]
Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Cemetery Watchman [outside haunted mansion]

plus a few other regular pics (by pirates, with MNSSHP frame, by castle)

Loved the party so much last night, bought tickets for tomorrow night's party too!

GOOD FOR YOU!!

We made the best of only having 1 party - saw/did everything we wanted (except Queen of hearts), did a fair amount of TOT, and even got in a few rides unexpectedly (space mt and HM). WOnderful night without being spaz trying to fit too much in.

One of the things I didn't expect that really made me smile throughout the night was all of the guests and CMs telling me to get back to work! I told them that Master Gracey had given me the night off.......The CMs at HM weren't amused - LOL.......Madame Rinata wasn't hearing anything about that though....

We were able to get all of the magic shots during the party: (we didn't want the dancing skeletons)
Magic Shot - Headless Horseman [out front]
Magic Shot - Grave Diggers [town square - animated and still]
Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts [main st - animated and still]
Magic Shot - Grim Grinning Ghost Driver [haunted mansion]
Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Cemetery Watchman [outside haunted mansion]

plus a few other regular pics (by pirates, with MNSSHP frame, by castle)

Congrats! Magic Shots are priority on our list too. Any chance you can recall how long the lines were and the approximate times you lined up for these shots? Thanks so much!!

Congrats! Magic Shots are priority on our list too. Any chance you can recall how long the lines were and the approximate times you lined up for these shots? Thanks so much!!

I would also like to know the answer for this as I am planning our first MNSSHP as well!! Aside from Jack and Sally photo op, this is my next priority!

What time did you end up meeting Jack & Sally? Did you go through the bypass or straight to J&S?

So sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this! We went through the bypass and took our time; they let us in at like 3:40 though. J&S we're out meeting at 5 PM

Were CM ensuring everyone had a wristband before 4? My hope is to get in line about 340 and have my mom waiting for a wristband, then switch.

They were! I had to leave the line and take DD to get her wristband cause the CM at the entrance told me she didn't need one, but then I was told she did!

Was there last night. Didn't feel busy to me. Guess it's all relative. In line to meet J and S at 4, they came out at 5 and we were done by 5:15. Best M and G. Went to meet Cruella and line was probably 30 mins at 6:45. Donald and Daisy line was 20 mins at 10:30.waited for first parade spot for an hour and had front row in frontier land. Probably could have got their 15 mins later and gotten front row but with little kids, front row was a must. ToT lines were long all night, but moved fairly quickly. Tasted the HM treats from Storybook Treats. Just ok IMO, but family loved it. Pumpkin waffle from SH was amazing and I am not a pumpkin fan. Not a strong pumpkin flavor, and with the ice cream and sauce, amazing. Kids loved the JS treat. I didn't try it. Lines at big top for HP souvenirs were short. Went to one cart for oogie boogie bucket, but sold out. Found one in frontier land while waiting for parade. They were selling quickly. Fireworks were watched by the carousel. Great panoramic view and no mob scene of people. Headless horseman was awesome. A highlight for everyone in my family. He goes by quick though! Overall, awesome night! Been to the Christmas party before, but this was our first HP. We will be coming back next September. Debating getting Tix for Tuesday nights party too.

Is this correct?
4:00-5:00 Jack & Sally
6:45-7:15 Cruella
10:30-10:50 Donald & Daisy
Lines at big top for HP souvenirs were short, at what time?
How much was the Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket? $13.50?

Now that you've been to both parties, which one did you like the best? Did you wear costumes or Disnybound? If you decided to go next year would you wear costumes?

I have a question regarding times people are getting their party bands while already in the park.

Last year (week of 10/23) we went to two parties. Both times we were already in the park. Neither station (Adventureland Party 1 or Fantasyland Party 2) would allow us to get our bands before the clock struck 4PM.

I am reading that people (now) are being allowed in at 3:40P with party bands in place. Are the in park stations/locations also doing the bands earlier now?

Also, is there an advantage to going through the Main Street Bypass?

Thanks.

I have a question regarding times people are getting their party bands while already in the park.

Last year (week of 10/23) we went to two parties. Both times we were already in the park. Neither station (Adventureland Party 1 or Fantasyland Party 2) would allow us to get our bands before the clock struck 4PM.

I am reading that people (now) are being allowed in at 3:40P with party bands in place. Are the in park stations/locations also doing the bands earlier now?

Thanks.

I walked to main entrance for my band, which I was able to get at approx 3:45. I was under the impression that when then specially dressed CMs went out, they would start "working" (giving bands) but I cant confirm.

is there an advantage to going through the Main Street Bypass
YES - you can TOT in the bypass between 4 and 7....otherwise, the stations dont open until 7.

Thanks.

We were already in the parks and got our bands at Tortuga. They would not give out bands until 4. That was a little disappointing b/c I knew about people getting let in at 340 at main St.

We were already in the parks and got our bands at Tortuga. They would not give out bands until 4. That was a little disappointing b/c I knew about people getting let in at 340 at main St.

That's what I was afraid of...

Is this correct?
4:00-5:00 Jack & Sally
6:45-7:15 Cruella
10:30-10:50 Donald & Daisy
Lines at big top for HP souvenirs were short, at what time?
How much was the Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket? $13.50?

Now that you've been to both parties, which one did you like the best? Did you wear costumes or Disnybound? If you decided to go next year would you wear costumes?

Yes, the times u posted above are correct. I was at big top for souvenirs about 6:15. Short lines then. Also ran in again about 11 and lines were non existent.

I'm not sure how much oogie boogie was, as DH paid for it while I stayed with kids. I can ask him if he remembers once he wakes up.

By, "both parties" are u referring to MNSSHP and MVMCP? If so, I am a Christmas fanatic, so MVMCP will always be my fav. But I obviously LOVED the HP too since I'm going again tonight! I must admit the parade at the HP was outstanding,so it was my favorite parade. Both parties are amazing and fun and worth the money IMO.

We did not wear costume this year, just mickey Halloween tees. We were in the process of moving this summer, so I never had time to do more then that. Next year, I'm not sure what we will do. The costumes are cute, but it is HOT and some of the people had to be miserable! I think festive clothing is a good middle ground.

One of the things I didn't expect that really made me smile throughout the night was all of the guests and CMs telling me to get back to work! I told them that Master Gracey had given me the night off.......The CMs at HM weren't amused - LOL.......Madame Rinata wasn't hearing anything about that though....
We did HM costumes last year and had the same experience! It was totally unexpected and made the night even more fun!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter