"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how early does one need to get to the Main Street area to see the parade? I dont want to get to the park at 4 and then have to sit on the curb until 9:15. Looking over or past people is fine, but I dont want to be a mile away and just catch glimpses. I know I could do the Frontier Land thing but we want to see all the lights and effects and stuff.

So how early does one need to get to the Main Street area to see the parade? I dont want to get to the park at 4 and then have to sit on the curb until 9:15. Looking over or past people is fine, but I dont want to be a mile away and just catch glimpses. I know I could do the Frontier Land thing but we want to see all the lights and effects and stuff.

I am not the most knowledgeable person on the WDW parade crowds to answer you so I'll just give you an idea based on what I have heard. If you arent into holding your spot on Main street long you could go to the second parade which, I think I have heard people say you can show up for like 30 minutes in advance and have several spots to choose from.

Either way I dont think you would have to hold your spot from 4-9 for the first parade. what I have been hearing people say about arriving in time to get a good spot for the first parade is around 1 hour or slightly more than an hour. If you waited from 4-9 you's waste most of your party time-yikes.

I don't have kids, so I often pop down with a friend or two for a long weekend. So splitting the room two or three ways, and mostly adults-only-trips, makes it easier to try (and afford!) lots of stuff. (I do have a niece and two nephews, we're here this week with my sister and her husband - so I get to spoil them this week!)
Since my girls are older and don't want to hang out with their mom, it is so much fun going by myself and doing everything I can. Going alone frees you up for doing and seeing more.

@Cayaco, I agree with @Kindermouse on the second parade. We did the party in early Sept and did the second parade. The second parade was not too crowded. Plus, my boys got a chance to rest and eat some of their candy.

If we are going October 5 or 6, can I wait until that day to buy tickets? We would be going just for the party but don't have any reservations we would have to change if we need to move the trip due to weather. Any cons to waiting until the day of (other than possibility of selling out)?

If we are going October 5 or 6, can I wait until that day to buy tickets? We would be going just for the party but don't have any reservations we would have to change if we need to move the trip due to weather. Any cons to waiting until the day of (other than possibility of selling out)?

Just selling out for the concern. If you really want to go but are waiting on weather etc. I'd recommend buying once you know if that's a day or two ahead of time. I think you'd be ok buying day of but to be sure do it as soon as you know. I had one trip that I was debating and while traveling to WDW I finally decided I wanted to go. I had checked availabiity earlier in the day and it was there. By the evening when I arrived it had sold out - it was for the following night. But that's when more were selling out too.

Just wanted to share my Pinocchio family (Pinocchio, Geppetto, Blue Fairy, Jiminy Crickey, and Figaro). We went to the Aug 29th party and had a blast. One tip I can offer is buy the larger tot bag that is available. The bags they give out are so tiny. We seemed to be getting larger handfuls of candy because our bag had more room to fit it
[GALLERY=]View attachment 270165 [/GALLERY]

What a beautiful family and wonderful memory. Thank you for sharing it made my day! :hug:

I am in no way trying to sound rude or mean but you really need to take the time to research some of the information you're looking for. On my planning thread I have tips and links provided by fellow DISers who have been to recent parties and a lot of advise given by some of the most experienced DISers who attend annually. All are welcome to use this information, however if I see a question posted and the answer has been posted I personally will not answer it again. My recommendation is to always read the Main Post on my thread and the pages that follow Post # 3 to Post #7. It's all there, please click on this link: MNSSHP 2017 - My Party Plan strategy in the making. :flower3:

We were there this past Friday. We had a blast. Sat in Liberty Square. Best seat in the house. My 3 year old daughter loved the parade. Will not stop talking about it . Plus the best part is my wonderful wife got us AP tickets. So my Disney addiction is really going to kick in now.

We're back from a great week, despite Irma. I intended to post pictured throughout but DIS said my photos were too big - sorry. Trying to get caught up and ready for work tomorrow, so this is short. We were at the 9/12 party - lines were short and quick for all pics and all characters - Moana was averaging 35 minutes, was sometimes longer and often shorter. It was a very low attendance and was fantastic! We could have gotten even more done if my feet weren't absolutely killing me! We only missed Queen of Hearts - and that was because I couldn't handle walking any more. Anastasia and Drizella were roaming - not doing a M&G.

Wanted to clarify/verify that Cruella is at the left side of the train station in fantasyland.

Also, the main "hitch hiking ghost' magic shot (night time) is located to the right of the pirate league game in adventureland, not at the haunted mansion. During the day, you MAY be able to get a hitch hiking pic at the mansion.

DIS1.jpg DIS2.jpg

We're back from a great week, despite Irma. I intended to post pictured throughout but DIS said my photos were too big - sorry. Trying to get caught up and ready for work tomorrow, so this is short. We were at the 9/12 party - lines were short and quick for all pics and all characters - Moana was averaging 35 minutes, was sometimes longer and often shorter. It was a very low attendance and was fantastic! We could have gotten even more done if my feet weren't absolutely killing me! We only missed Queen of Hearts - and that was because I couldn't handle walking any more. Anastasia and Drizella were roaming - not doing a M&G.

Wanted to clarify/verify that Cruella is at the left side of the train station in fantasyland.

Also, the main "hitch hiking ghost' magic shot (night time) is located to the right of the pirate league game in adventureland, not at the haunted mansion. During the day, you MAY be able to get a hitch hiking pic at the mansion.

View attachment 270285 View attachment 270286

Thank you for this, I'll update:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/"]Magic Shots - Current Listings[/URL] as I'm sure it will help many! :thumbsup2

View attachment 270285 View attachment 270286

Just one last question about the singe Hitch Hiking Ghost Magic Shot, do you remember what time you had this one taken, it looks kind of early like around 4 - 4:30? Thanks again!

Just one last question about the singe Hitch Hiking Ghost Magic Shot, do you remember what time you had this one taken, it looks kind of early like around 4 - 4:30? Thanks again!

Love Photo pass - tells you exactly what time the pictures are taken. My daytime hitch hiking picture was taken at 5:08 pm.

Another note - with your wrist band, you can start getting candy/bags in the cut through to the right after Main Street Theater (where mickey and tink are). Its the only TOT available before 7. and you can only enter by main street and exit in tomorrowland.

The parade itself is the same the entire route so you don't miss anything in it based on the location - it's just a different location. But if you're ok not being front row but are just looking to be a row or two back an hour would be ample time and you could likely do less. People stay more inside the park so head back towards the entrance if you're having issues finding a suitable spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter