"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking like the parties on the 7th and 12th are about to get a large bump in attendance, courtesy of Madame Irma. That is, unless people just stay home altogether.
I have been thinking the same. The 15th too, for people who cancel their 12th tix but are still in the area. We are on the 12th and were really looking forward to a quieter night.

WARNING UPDATE - IRMA

Florida officials begin ordering evacuations as Hurricane Irma intensifies to a Category 5 storm.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/us/hurricane-irma-puerto-rico-florida/index.html

Watch your flights.
I think wherever it hits in FL, you will see massive cancellations sat evening through all day sunday. Monday should be ok as long as you are not in an area where Irma is headed.

Does anyone remember the box lunches Disney passed out last year?
Found this on Google. A steal at 12.99 :sad1:
box-lunch-interior.gif

NEWS from the DIS - Preparing for Hurricane Irma at Walt Disney World

Order Groceries to Your Room

If you didn’t know, you can order groceries directly to your room at any Walt Disney World resort. You may want to start preparing now by ordering non-perishable items to your room, along with bottled water. While your Disney resort will have some food, it is best to not rely on Disney to take care of you through the storm. Last year for Hurricane Matthew, many guests found themselves overpaying for a boxed lunch with little more than a small sandwich, a piece of fruit, popcorn, and two fun-sized pieces of candy.

Although this isn’t something you probably were expecting to be added to the cost of your Disney vacation, it might be the most cautious way to keep your family well-fed and hydrated if the power goes out and the surrounding roads get closed down.

Charge All Electronic Devices

If you end up hunkered down in your resort hotel room, you may want to charge up all electronic devices. The power could go out, and it could be out for a long time. Having a charged phone, laptop, iPad, etc. will provide some form of entertainment, but more importantly, could be used as a flashlight. Additionally, in all four Disney parks you can purchase a Fuel Rod for $30, which you can use as an external battery for Apple iOS, and most Android devices.

You can read more here:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/preparing-for-hurricane-irma-at-walt-disney-world/

How long before the first parade would you recommend staking out a spot on a sold-out night? We'll probably have to do the earlier one because I doubt my parents will stay for the later one, and my mom loves parades. :)

From what I'd gleaned, I was planning an hour, but I'm just not sure. (Also not sure I'm willing to invest more time, but that's another story.

Yeah it was nuts! At least at CSR they used a clear package so you could sorta see what you were grabbing. The line was so long we didn't even bother. I would've been so upset if I paid that much and gotten a bologna sandwich.

It's like, part of me of thankful that Disney provided some food. Another part of me says, isn't that a little greedy? People gotta eat! But that's not worth $12.99, maybe $7 at the most and that's still pricey to me.

We just got back from a long weekend trip and went to the 9/1 party. I will say that we will not be going to anymore parties. They are to dependent on nice weather. I will say disney did get both parades and fireworks in that night though and we did stay to see them, but even with the rain aside, the party was over crowed. The character lines are crazy even for characters that meet all the time. I know others love it but it was not for us.

It's been probably 6 or 7 years since our last MNSSHP. We used to go often but I got so frustrated at the crowds I decided not to do it again. Never say never! We now have a three year old, so my DH, two teens and I are taking him in October! And I can't wait!! I feel now that I'm mentally prepared for the crowd size I know we will mostly walk around and enjoy the atmosphere and a few rides. Not interested in characters for now, just a little Mickey Magic! Very excited to see it through surprise baby's eyes!

I got the poison apple magic shot last year but I haven't gotten the headless horseman shot or the Rapunzel lantern shot. I think I can get the lantern shot during the day and not use my party time but which other magic shots would you recommend are worth the wait during the party

The hitchiking ghosts. Granted they're a personal favorite but the actual photos are really well done and being photobombed by the ghosts appeals to me on so many levels :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter