• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now. Got in line for jack and sally at 4:10. So almost 2 hours and have about 15 families ahead of me. The worst is they went on break super early and it's been almost half an hour with no updates

They're not on break they were pulled due to the weather. Rumor has they will return at 7pm.

Rides reopened! BUT 70% chance of thunderstorms 8:00-11:00 pm. Wonder if shows and parade will take place!

I could do with some opinions on my hat choice. I'm pretty certain the Belle costume I planned is not happening but I can pull together a Jungle Cruise Skipper and I got a shirt online that looks pretty good (having to swap size because it came in so big but the shorts I ordered came up super small :sad2:).

I was thinking of these ears:-

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/386103576/jungle-river-cruise-mickey-ears - I did think it might make it look like I fell in the planting but that could be part of the fun. :rotfl:

Or these https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/548390227/jungle-cruise-adventureland-animal or https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/505199316/jungle-inspired-mouse-ears-moana

But I was concerned it would be too much beige as my top and shorts are in the beige/stone kind of colour.

The I thought of the this hat but it might be a bit warm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adults-Safari-Helmet-Hat-Pith-Explorer-Zoo-Keeper-Fancy-Dress-Costume-Accessory/201915788077?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

aaand its beige again :crazy2: although I could add some Mickey ears to it.

Just can't make up my mind. :ssst: :confused3

All I'd need to do after this is make the name badge and I can kinda buy that from Etsy anyway.

Maybe I could be a Kilimanjaro Safar CM?

My favorite are these ones: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/548...ox&utm_campaign=row_buyer&utm_content=1390680

We went to the Tuesday party and thought I'd let everyone know of a situation we had. Got to the gate at 4:00. I had order the card tickets and also had tickets in MDE (I'm type A and just wanted them in my hands) My friend and her kids just had tickets in MDE. I had no problem entering park using my tickets. My friend did have problems. Our CM had to have a manager come over to help. After some work on the CMs iPad my friend was given card tickets also (not sure why) and we were let in. Our prescheduled FPs worked fine.
Yesterday was our last day in the parks. We went to Animal kingdom early for rope drop. Our group got to the tap style and we were told we had no tickets left by another manager who came over with her iPad. I explained that we went to MNSSHP and she could see that on her iPad. We had to get out of line and go to customer service and have our mickey bands reactivated with "complimentary tickets". We then could enter the park. We luckily had a FP for FoP but had hoped to go at rope drop too. By the time we were done at customer services we were way back in line to enter the park. We decided to just do river ride. Our FP worked fine that day but it was a huge disappointment to have our morning not go as we hoped. This is just an FYI to anyone attending the party. The customer service person said we must have gone into MK for the MNSSHP too early and at park day was used but you could see on the CM iPad the exact time we went in which was exactly 4:00.

Has anyone watched BTY in Frontierland and then viewed the fireworks in front of the castle? There is not much time in between this year! I was thinking it would be best to go back into Adventureland and take that path or take the path from Liberty Square that leads to Crystal Palace/Casey's area to find a spot since it is not on the parade route. Are either of those routes blocked off during MNSSHP?

We went to the Tuesday party and thought I'd let everyone know of a situation we had. Got to the gate at 4:00. I had order the card tickets and also had tickets in MDE (I'm type A and just wanted them in my hands) My friend and her kids just had tickets in MDE. I had no problem entering park using my tickets. My friend did have problems. Our CM had to have a manager come over to help. After some work on the CMs iPad my friend was given card tickets also (not sure why) and we were let in. Our prescheduled FPs worked fine.
Yesterday was our last day in the parks. We went to Animal kingdom early for rope drop. Our group got to the tap style and we were told we had no tickets left by another manager who came over with her iPad. I explained that we went to MNSSHP and she could see that on her iPad. We had to get out of line and go to customer service and have our mickey bands reactivated with "complimentary tickets". We then could enter the park. We luckily had a FP for FoP but had hoped to go at rope drop too. By the time we were done at customer services we were way back in line to enter the park. We decided to just do river ride. Our FP worked fine that day but it was a huge disappointment to have our morning not go as we hoped. This is just an FYI to anyone attending the party. The customer service person said we must have gone into MK for the MNSSHP too early and at park day was used but you could see on the CM iPad the exact time we went in which was exactly 4:00.

Did you use the lines set aside for party guests only or regular admission turnstiles?

Tonight is our party night! Finishing a great dinner now at Skipper's. Weather looks ominous, but we are ready! I'll try to post later. If you're at the party, say hi, we're in Haunted Mansion costumes.
Post pictures! I ordered a HM skirt from Etsy and deciding on top. Hope the weather holds off for the parade and fireworks.

Sat down with the family to work on our list of must do's tonight. We are doing 2 parties, and Cruella will be our first meet one night with the Queen of Hearts / Tweedles / Alice / Mad Hatter our priority the second (due to our costumes).

DD also wants to meet Belle & Gaston. KtP recommends their final meet of the night, but we planned to watch the second parade. How bad would their line be if we headed right there from Cruella? This would put us in line by or before 7:30, I'm guessing. Are we looking at a 60 minute line by then? If so, I'm thinking it might be worth it to wait till the end of the night and catch the first parade at that party.

Or would a better option be to do Belle & Gaston first, then head to Cruella? Will her line be just as long by 7:30?

Anyone with experience from the first few parties (or last year)?

TIA!

Magicbands are not required for fastpasses. They are an alternative to using your plastic ticket at touchpoints. To make fp+, you need to link the tickets to the MDE accounts if they are not already listed under tickets. To book fp for multiple people at the same time, you must all be on each others friends & family list.
Without magic bands you need plastic card tickets to access your fast passes. The paper tickets do not scan at the tap styles. I would swap the paper tickets for plastic ones at Disney springs if you have the time or any ticket window. I called and was told that I didn't need to do that, but it was wrong information. They can do it at the gate, but don't want to. You will have to get someone with a tablet to do it. If you go that route, don't give up they can and will take care of you if you are insistent.

Last edited:
This really stinks! We're here now and there's tons of rain and thunder and lightning. It's not supposed to stop until 2:30am or something. Ugh.

Got our tickets (cards) in the mail today- makes it feel so much closer to our party (Nov 1). We received: Festival of the Lion King, Dumbo, Small World, and Rock 'N' Roller coaster

This really stinks! We're here now and there's tons of rain and thunder and lightning. It's not supposed to stop until 2:30am or something. Ugh.
I'm so sorry :(. I'm across the lake at VGF and have been watching the rain and feeling awful for you all at the party tonight. I really hope the nasty weather moves on soon! Are things still all on as planned? I hope you are all just throwing on ponchos and getting extra candy from all of the CMs :teeth:!

Us too! First HP show was cancelled (ran for the first 5 minutes or so). Parade is delayed. It's still raining. I hope it stops for long enough for out to go out. Forecast not promising.

I'm so sorry :(. I'm across the lake at VGF and have been watching the rain and feeling awful for you all at the party tonight. I really hope the nasty weather moves on soon! Are things still all on as planned? I hope you are all just throwing on ponchos and getting extra candy from all of the CMs :teeth:!

Thank you!

Us too! First HP show was cancelled (ran for the first 5 minutes or so). Parade is delayed. It's still raining. I hope it stops for long enough for out to go out. Forecast not promising.

We were in Laugh Floor and when we came out it was pouring rain and lightning. I didn't know the first HP show was canceled, that's horrible. Now we're in line for Mickey and was wondering about the 1st parade. What a drag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter