"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some random thoughts before I crash for the night......

We went to the first party last year and it seemed way more crowded this year.
The second parade was fairly crowded near Frontierland.
We got way too much candy (as usual) :)
The Big Top candy location was very generous with the treats.
I think the treats were the same everywhere.

That's it for now. We really had a great time! :) I'm always surprised at how quickly the night flies by.

Early morning uk time so catching up with last night's party details. Hmmm...must admit to being disappointed about things selling out so quickly. Surely Disney knows how many folk will be coming that night (even roughly) and could plan accordingly? For many this might be the one and only time they will ever attend this and missing out because it's already sold out after 45 minutes isn't good.

Photos look awesome though.

I agree, I'm disappointed with the lack of availability on some items.

For the party specific snacks, they should definitely not be running out since they know ahead of time the rough count of attendees due to pre-purchased tickets.

I wonder if perhaps there is a new person in charge of inventory for the parties? The Hocus Pocus merch wasn't even out, which is odd for MNSSHP since it's pretty dang coordinated

I got one at around 10:45 I think it was. Idk if they sold out though after that.

Found this party to be very crowded compared to others I've been too.

This is encouraging for me as it's the one party treat I want! I was thinking I could get one in line for Jack & Sally or on my way there, but if they don't sell it till 7 that won't happen. And I'm not sure I want to stop for a treat now that BFF has to meet me in the line since her flight time got changed and she gets in later than me!

I wonder if perhaps there is a new person in charge of inventory for the parties? The Hocus Pocus merch wasn't even out, which is odd for MNSSHP since it's pretty dang coordinated

Last year Disney sold merchandise in waves but they did state what was being released and when it was being released. Maybe this years Hocus Pocus merchandise was meant to be sold at a later date or inventory was late. Just a thought.

I agree it's sad to see things being sold out.

I wonder if there's still a good amount of villain pins left? We're going on Friday and my one DD really wants Ursula. With 5,400 available I should be ok hopefully....

Our Moana wait was exactly 2 hrs. Just got done...had arrived 35 min before she came out which was 6:45.

I'm so tired after a long day and up early, I just want to confirm. What you're saying is Moana came out at 6:45, you got in line at 6:10 (35 min) and waited 2 hours? Thank you!

I'll just have to talk to the people around me in line and hopefully they will understand that I don't want to make a 5yo wait for 2 hours. I can stand in line while they grab QS dinner, then DH can stand in line while we do BBB, then DD and I can take our place in line once that is over. All I know is BBB better not be running behind, because we gotta be in line for Moana before 6:45 and our appointment is at 5:30. If the wait is still insanely long and we aren't near the front of the line, he can take them TOT while I wait some more.

I think you'd be lucky getting in and out of BBB in an 1.25hrs. Also, if demand is high, Moana may come out earlier. IMO it's awfully risky.

Hmm, I want to say when it's gone it's gone, but at the same token I try to see it as a new year a new experience. In earnest when we go in late Oct like the last week I expect to see all the LE Pins, Hocus Pocus and mainly anything that peeked my interest gone. Sad I know, but been there done that!

This worries me too, especially when it comes to the pins. But I am holding on to hope! Last year I went in early November when the Christmas parties were just beginning and they had an overload of leftover MNSSHP pins (LE and mystery boxes) available for sale to anyone. So they obviously didn't sell out of everything!

This worries me too, especially when it comes to the pins. But I am holding on to hope! Last year I went in early November when the Christmas parties were just beginning and they had an overload of leftover MNSSHP pins (LE and mystery boxes) available for sale to anyone. So they obviously didn't sell out of everything!

We go every late Oct. except last year - go figure!

I'm so tired after a long day and up early, I just want to confirm. What you're saying is Moana came out at 6:45, you got in line at 6:10 (35 min) and waited 2 hours? Thank you!

Yes, you are correct! Also during that time she took one 15 minute break.

We are exhausted as well, stayed until end of party and did not get back to our room until around 1:30 am.

That's good to know cause we're going Friday and my DD wants an Ursula pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter