"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing available for ADRs after 6ish in MK on 9/22 which is a projected party night
Ahh good, I remember a lot of unhappy people in a thread last year that got the surprise loss of adrs. I tend to always makemine about 4/5pm don't want to miss prime party time.

I'm guessing they wouldn't normally announce something over the weekend? (So I can stop stalking for news quite so intently!!)

Ahh good, I remember a lot of unhappy people in a thread last year that got the surprise loss of adrs. I tend to always makemine about 4/5pm don't want to miss prime party time.
It could also mean they're all booked up, but I'm thinking probably not.

I went int 2015. Went to 2 MNSSHP's my first two. Loved it
Booked vacation last Sunday for late Sept/ early Oct
Plan to go to two more Halloween Parties
My ADR is next Saturday and hope they release MNSSHP dates this week
Im on watch

Where does everyone stay for MNSSHP?
Last year we stayed at CBR and taking the bus home after the party with my 3 year old was no fun...
I tried for a DVC point rental at BLT or Poly but no luck.
I did get a good deal on a room at Poly and booked that.
But am tempted to switch to CR if a good AP deal is available.
Our trip is arrive Thurs night, party Friday, Saturday Headless Horseman event at FW, Sunday party #2 and then home Monday. During the day will probably do character breakfasts, pool time and MAYBE a park or waterpark but may not.
So obviously BLT wins for convenience to MNSSHP and FW.
But Poly has the better pool!
Decisions!
The other option is a split stay :)
Any thoughts?

We don't choose hotel based on attending the party, the party just happens to be during our vacation, know what I mean? We've previously been at either Beach or Yacht Club. This year we will be at Polynesian.

Last year we stayed at CBR and taking the bus home after the party with my 3 year old was no fun...
Our trip is arrive Thurs night, party Friday, Saturday Headless Horseman event at FW, Sunday party #2 and then home Monday. During the day will probably do character breakfasts, pool time and MAYBE a park or waterpark but may not.
Decisions!
Any thoughts?

(Edited to correct my history - had my trip count wrong)

One of my party trips was a "long weekends" where we were really just there for the party and not much else. For that one, we stayed at CR for quick walkability. It's my "get down to business" pick. :-)

One trip was a week, so we stayed Poly which is more of our preference for a longer stay. Better pools, better access to Epcot via walking to the TTC, more of a vacation vibe that we prefer.

Last edited:
I also dont choose hotel based on party
In 2015 I stayed at CSR
This yr if I get free dining Im staying at CBR
If not most likely POP

In 2015 I regreted not getting the offical t shirt of MNSSHP
It glowed in the dark and wasnt sure I wanted it
Now going back I will get it
Does anyone know if the MNSSHP shirt always glows in dark or if it was just that year

I can't say that the "official" shirt always glows in the dark...however...there always seems to be "A" shirt that glows in the dark. Either at Disneystore.com or in the parks, I have been able to get a glow in the dark shirt for several years now.

Decisions!
Any thoughts?

Last year we were at CSR. This year we will either be at Pop or the Poly if we go to the party. It doesn't make a difference to us where we are staying on party night, as long as we can go. :)

We are staying at Saratoga Springs in late September and have never been to MNSSHP I seem to have conflicting info on how much the tickets were last year. Is that because they cost different prices depending on the dates?

We are staying at Saratoga Springs in late September and have never been to MNSSHP I seem to have conflicting info on how much the tickets were last year. Is that because they cost different prices depending on the dates?
Yes and when you bought them as well. The price went up if you bought them at the gate and was also higher for more desirable dates

Yes and when you bought them as well. The price went up if you bought them at the gate and was also higher for more desirable dates

That's not exactly correct. Some dates had a discount if you bought them ahead of time (so it wasn't that the price went up if you bought at the gate, but rather went down if you bought ahead), but some dates didn't have a pre-date discount, so they cost the same regardless of when you bought them.

I was looking at last years calendar on wdwprepschool and I noticed that the first Tuesday in October was more expensive than the following Thursday. Any reason for this? I was planning to do that party this year but now I'm wondering if I should. More expensive dates usually mean that a party has higher anticipated crowds and my goal would be to go to a party with lower crowds if possible. Which would be the better pick, Tuesday or Thursday (obviously Friday of Columbus day weekend is out as it would be higher attendance for sure).

I was looking at last years calendar on wdwprepschool and I noticed that the first Tuesday in October was more expensive than the following Thursday. Any reason for this? I was planning to do that party this year but now I'm wondering if I should. More expensive dates usually mean that a party has higher anticipated crowds and my goal would be to go to a party with lower crowds if possible. Which would be the better pick, Tuesday or Thursday (obviously Friday of Columbus day weekend is out as it would be higher attendance for sure).

Schools that are out for the major Jewish holidays (like NYC) were out that Tuesday. Not sure if that's why, but it's a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter