"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the news out now and FP starting tomorrow for Pandora might the news on dates be announced later ? *I hope not but curious*

Debating where to eat dinner the evening of the party. A TS restaurant may take longer, but if everyone is planning to do QS, then that may end up taking just as long. Thoughts?

Debating where to eat dinner the evening of the party. A TS restaurant may take longer, but if everyone is planning to do QS, then that may end up taking just as long. Thoughts?
We've had no problems doing QS, it's the usual busy it seems. If just coming to the party at 4pm, then we eat at the QS at the resort before riding the bus. Then just eat a snack later that night. If we go to the park with a regular day ticket before the party, then we just do QS at the park. I will tell you that 4-7 is prime lining up time if you are going to do any of the special character Meet & Greets. Lining up early saves party time later as the lines get ridiculously long. That's why we don't eat after 4pm. Hope this helps.

I'm debating here. My mom and I will be there September 1-4 and then my dad and I will be there September 30-Oct. 5th. Do you think it would be worthwhile to do two parties? One the Saturday or Sunday we are there for Labor Day and then one with my Dad? My mom's done it before and loved it.

Also, there's a separate set of turnstiles just for the party, so the ticket scanner knows to read your party ticket instead of a regular park ticket. There'll be big signs everywhere, you won't be able to miss it!

Thanks, I just know 2 trips ago I had an issue because on my account I had a 3 day park hopper ticket and then a separate 1 day ticket and I had to make sure the right ticket was being used for the right day.

Stop at Polynesian or Contemporary for counter service before going. :) You can walk there from Contemporary - and I think the food options are better than the counter service at MK.

We've planned some of our costumes. I just reviewed the costume guidelines and it says no capes below the waist. Does anyone know if this is a hard & fast rule?
Capes & long gowns were worn at MNSSHP 2016

Have no idea what I may do for a costume. I am not very creative in that repsect.
Disneybounding is very popular. Match up some clothes you currently have and use them with other clothes you were planning on packing. Here's a link to help you get started:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dis...gu7SAhVrw4MKHWZ1AGUQ_AUIBigB&biw=1066&bih=748

So I've never done a party, when tickets go on sale and I pick my date does that just show up in MDE like a ticket? When I go to MK on the party day does the system know to use my party ticket at 4 instead of my multi day ticket?
I strongly recommend you bring your party ticket with you to the park. For those who receive the paper voucher bring yours too and this is why:

Thanks, I just know 2 trips ago I had an issue because on my account I had a 3 day park hopper ticket and then a separate 1 day ticket and I had to make sure the right ticket was being used for the right day.

I'm debating here. My mom and I will be there September 1-4 and then my dad and I will be there September 30-Oct. 5th. Do you think it would be worthwhile to do two parties? One the Saturday or Sunday we are there for Labor Day and then one with my Dad? My mom's done it before and loved it.

I wouldn't hesitate it one bit - TWO parties are better then one, alwaysparty:

Im getting antsy too... hopefully it is soon since we are going to be out of the country after next week and I'd miss them going on sale. :headache:
Even if they announce the dates today, tickets won't go on sale for a few more weeks. You can buy them online from anywhere in the world, I bet. ;)
I feel like Disney is so busy with their Pandora roll out this spring, they don't have time to deal with figuring out the late summer dates for MNSSHP. They'll probably let us know the dates and pricing on Aug. 24th. :rolleyes:
That's how I feel, too! They have no time for MNSSHP because they're working on the Pandora stuff. I'm kinda ok with that. Divert the masses! Don't go to the party! Go to Pandora (except for the day I'm planning to go to AK, then go to the party that day)! :cutie::rolleyes:

I wouldn't waste party time doing TS. We plan to grab something to eat while watching the parade, probably near Liberty Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter