• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised it's still sold out on Halloween night, I bet you most are not aware it does not include the parade.

Oh I knew, I just thought they might have reconsidered, but the more I thought about the money, and did it before, I decided to cancel.

I have a reservation for the Hallowishes dessert party on the 31st even though it doesn't include parade viewing. Mostly because I'm expecting Halloween night to be packed (I haven't been to MNSSHP, but I have been to a sold out Christmas party and we had trouble finding a good fireworks spot). Since I'm paying Halloween prices, this is my only party so I want to make sure I get a good view. We also did the dessert party during MVMCP a while back before it included parade viewing... so I honestly had no idea they started including it.

I suppose we will be "wasting" party time to do the dessert party.. but we would have to stake out a spot an hour or 45 minutes beforehand regardless. At least now we can show up to the Terrace an hour before and sit and eat desserts. We met the dwarves and Jack and Sally at the Christmas party in 2015, so our only priorities are seeing Lots-O' Bear, Belle and Gaston, and maybe Pooh and friends and then watching the parade and fireworks.

Did you like the view of the fireworks at the Terrace? If it included the parade I could see how beneficial it would be. Are you going alone?

upload_2017-7-18_20-36-27.png WANTED - ALIVE! upload_2017-7-18_20-37-30.png

Single Party Goer

Looking forward to share our Be Our Guest Reservation on Oct. 31st at 4pm. Must be single!
We are a family of three, two adults and one teen. We'll be feasting on dessert only. If interested please PM me. First come, first served!

Please note, I will not add more than one person to our existing reservation. pirate:

Last edited:

Did you like the view of the fireworks at the Terrace? If it included the parade I could see how beneficial it would be. Are you going alone?

We like the view of Wishes from the Terrace, but the view from the Terrace for the new Happily Ever After Fireworks is awful. I assume Hallowishes will be similar to Wishes but Halloween themed? At least that's how the fireworks at the Christmas party were and the view was pretty good.

I'll be with my family (parents and sister)

We like the view of Wishes from the Terrace, but the view from the Terrace for the new Happily Ever After Fireworks is awful. I assume Hallowishes will be similar to Wishes but Halloween themed? At least that's how the fireworks at the Christmas party were and the view was pretty good.

I'll be with my family (parents and sister)
Yes, very similar to Wishes or the MVMCP show. View is "ok" from the terrace, but you still have trees blocking some of the castle and the fireworks remain offcenter. It's a great view of the 360° bursts, though!

Costume question here. I know adults cannot wear masks. I was going to go as Mr Incredible and face paint his eye mask. Is that ok?

Sorry, another noob question here. I have bought my tickets and selected the "print from home" option. Do I just bring these paper tickets with me to get into the party, or do I have to trade the paper tickets for plastic ones first? Or, can I just use my Magic Band?

Sorry, another noob question here. I have bought my tickets and selected the "print from home" option. Do I just bring these paper tickets with me to get into the party, or do I have to trade the paper tickets for plastic ones first? Or, can I just use my Magic Band?

You should be able to use your Magic Band without issue. You should be able to see the ticket in your MDE. If not, make sure it's in there, so it will then be on your Magic Band. While I have never had issue with my Magic Band entering, I always carry my paper (though I had and have a plastic one from snail mail) with me, just in case. Maybe not carry it with you, but I'd take it with me on vacation just in case. Can always take a picture of it with your phone too. That's what I did, picture of the back of my plastic card, so I can see the numbers if I need to. There's no reason to exchange to plastic unless you want to. The card I have is nothing special. Have fun.

So, I had no idea until I read this thread that I could book ADRs for dinner during the party! Would it be worth it to get an ADR for BOG during the party? As of right now, I was only able to get an ADR for BOG for breakfast for half of our party. I know some would see that as wasting time, but if it's our only chance to eat at BOG with the Beast, would it be worth it? Assuming, of course, that there are any reservations left. I asked my travel agent to purchase my NSSHP tickets this morning, because we just decided which day to go, but she hasn't responded to me yet.

Also, forgive me for asking something that might be redundant (I just joined the forum today), but is the first post in this thread correct that Splash Mountain will NOT be open during the NSSHP? If it's not, I probably need to get a FP for it on one of our two MK days.

So, I had no idea until I read this thread that I could book ADRs for dinner during the party! Would it be worth it to get an ADR for BOG during the party? As of right now, I was only able to get an ADR for BOG for breakfast for half of our party. I know some would see that as wasting time, but if it's our only chance to eat at BOG with the Beast, would it be worth it? Assuming, of course, that there are any reservations left. I asked my travel agent to purchase my NSSHP tickets this morning, because we just decided which day to go, but she hasn't responded to me yet.

Also, forgive me for asking something that might be redundant (I just joined the forum today), but is the first post in this thread correct that Splash Mountain will NOT be open during the NSSHP? If it's not, I probably need to get a FP for it on one of our two MK days.
I'm pretty sure Splash is down for refurb for most if not all of the MNSSHP dates

Splash will be closed for refurbishment from August 28th-November 16th.

Splash will be closed for refurbishment from August 28th-November 16th.

Oh, that is going to suck! I knew it was closing in August, but was hoping it would be back open by the time we got there. My stepdaughter is going to be so disappointed. I guess I need to find the thread that talks about attraction closures to try to prevent further disappointment. She and I looked at the rides online the other day so I could get an idea of what she likes and I might need to get FPS for and of course, Splash was at the top of her list.

Costume question here. I know adults cannot wear masks. I was going to go as Mr Incredible and face paint his eye mask. Is that ok?

Yep! Perfect solution. You can bring a mask with you for photos, not sure if that would work better for you.

So, I had no idea until I read this thread that I could book ADRs for dinner during the party! Would it be worth it to get an ADR for BOG during the party? As of right now, I was only able to get an ADR for BOG for breakfast for half of our party. I know some would see that as wasting time, but if it's our only chance to eat at BOG with the Beast, would it be worth it? Assuming, of course, that there are any reservations left. I asked my travel agent to purchase my MNSSHP tickets this morning, because we just decided which day to go, but she hasn't responded to me yet.

This is really subjective. You'll have to decide if this is right for you and your family. It does take up time about an hour to eat & take photo with Beast provided you get to see him right after your meal. He takes breaks so you might end up waiting?

Good luck & have fun!

Oh, that is going to suck! I knew it was closing in August, but was hoping it would be back open by the time we got there. My stepdaughter is going to be so disappointed. I guess I need to find the thread that talks about attraction closures to try to prevent further disappointment. She and I looked at the rides online the other day so I could get an idea of what she likes and I might need to get FPS for and of course, Splash was at the top of her list.

Been there and learned the hard way! On our first trip as a family, my DD was 3 and we looked at Birnbaum's book together ( it was 1990, not a huge internet thing going on) and we were excited to go on It's a Small World. We really built it up. We got there and there's a sign saying it was being refurbished for our future enjoyment! I didn't realize then that we would be going several more times, but I did resolve that that would never happen again! There was a phone number you could call then to find out about closures and until I discovered internet planning, around 1996, I always called before we left!
I highly recommend subscribing/following a few threads here, especially the News and Rumors ones and any for your particular resort. It's good you found out before your trip! Happy Planning!

Just a heads up....have read in several Facebook groups today that FPs booked with a MNSSHP ticket are being cancelled. Reports are the last day of FPs are being eliminated (regardless of which date your party falls on) due to a lack of active ticket media for the # of FP days booked. Apparently cancelling the last day of FPs is the arbitrary solution. Sadly, someone lost their FOP FP this way, and while a call to IT was able to reinstate the AK FPs (after cancelling the MK ones), the CM was adamant that party tickets could not be used for FP booking this year. YMMV, but for those of you who've had success booking on your tickets so far, watch your account!

Just a heads up....have read in several Facebook groups today that FPs booked with a MNSSHP ticket are being cancelled. Reports are the last day of FPs are being eliminated (regardless of which date your party falls on) due to a lack of active ticket media for the # of FP days booked. Apparently cancelling the last day of FPs is the arbitrary solution. Sadly, someone lost their FOP FP this way, and while a call to IT was able to reinstate the AK FPs (after cancelling the MK ones), the CM was adamant that party tickets could not be used for FP booking this year. YMMV, but for those of you who've had success booking on your tickets so far, watch your account!
Did this just start today? So far mine are still there. But I will keep checking. I purchased an additional day and really couldn't decide if I should use it to get into the MK early. Our fight arrives at 9:45. Or use it on my last day. I decided to use it on the last day to not waste 3 FP+. We got a package from a TA and it has a water park option. We were just going to waste that one but we may do that on our last day if they remove the FP+. I will post here if I see that they are cancelled.

Any word on when the last FP can be booked on a regular park day on a party night?

Awesome, so just to recap Disney eliminated the parade from the Dessert Package and their eliminating FP. Hmmm o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter