"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go with the belief that they just listed a few and not all of them.

I mean, DH and I will have a full day at Magic Kingdom so we will do those rides anyways but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth otherwise.

This is how I fell as well. We will try to get FP+ for 7 dwarfs and BTMR in the morning of our regular MK day. This will give us more time to focus on other rides and party specific events during the party. :)

My tickets are now showing in MDE on the computer with the right dates and names but the tickets on my phone still say 2016 so these are taking a bit longer to update.

We will be there at this time this year. We are two adults who already have AP's. We are not much in to Halloween. Is it worth that extra money to go? Thank you!

If your not really into/fussed by Halloween then maybe not. I would recommend checking out YouTube to give you an idea of what the party is like and make a judgement from there. (There is Hallowishes, Boo to you parade and Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular show and the different character meet and greets).

We are doing a bit of a different Disney trip this time. We always stay at Shades of Green and usually just do Disney, This time, some of us will be shuttling to Universal for a few Harry Potter days, and filling in with a couple of MNSSHP dates.

SO EXCITED! For the first party, all 18 of us will have matching costumes - the original 1950's Mouseketeer outfits with off white mock turtlenecks, Mouseketeer names in a glitter Disney font, bobby socks and saddle shoes, and long pleated skirts (or slacks, for the men in the group). And, of course, Mickey ears!

MNSSHP is so fun, I can't wait to go and dress up in two different costumes!20170328_211424.jpg

Has anyone gotten a single day Memory Maker for the party? I have a question about what it would cover. We'd like to do the PhotoPass photographer portrait session at either our hotel (BC) or Grand Floridian. Would that be included in the Memory Maker? This isn't the fine art photography set up, but the 30 minute session with a photopass photographer - the last time we stayed at GF it was a free session but had to be reserved in advance. We're doing Memory Maker for the party so we can get the magic shots, I'd love to get all the family photos as well. :)

Is anyone still having issues with their tickets showing up correctly? We purchased 4 but only 3 our showing up for us in my disney experience. I called last week and they were having technical issues.

I can CONFIRM prices for MILITARY. I received an an email directly from Shades of Green they are as follows:

MNSSHP

August 25 & 29 Adult $53.25 Child $49.75

Sept. 1, 7, 10, 12, 17 & 24 Adult $53.25 Child $49.75

MVMCP

Nov. 9, Adult $67.75, Child $64.25

Nov 12, 14 & 16 Adult $64.25, Child $60.75

Please see attached PDF.

1. Do you know who is eligible for this offer?
My husband is a retired Army Reservist (20+ years), a veteran who served 3 tours in Iraq & Afghanistan. Are the kids and I eligible for this offer if he doesn't attend? The party is Aug 25, but he doesn't arrive until Aug 26.

2. Can these tickets be bought in advance over the phone? Or do I need to go to Shades of Green to buy them? Or does my husband need to be present to buy them? The savings is significant, but I'd be worried the tickets wouldn't be available if I waited until we arrived in Florida.

3. Should I call Shades of Green to get these answers?

Thank you.

DH came up with a better idea for Halloween costumes then what I thought of! I know it's been done but but we're going to be "Lost Tourists" from the 90s

IMG_6346.JPG

The picture is definitely a Zombie Tourist but we're going to be Ghost Tourist!

Now to go to Goodwill to find fanny packs, visors and Hawaiian shirts.

Is Goofy available to meet at the party at all (and if so, is it in a different costume?) Thought it might be nice to get a picture with me and him in costume :)

Is Goofy available to meet at the party at all (and if so, is it in a different costume?) Thought it might be nice to get a picture with me and him in costume :)
Yes he is available to meet near the barnstormer as the great goofini if I remember correctly. That is the same costume he wears if you meet him during the day at Pete's Silly Sideshow.

1. Do you know who is eligible for this offer?
My husband is a retired Army Reservist (20+ years), a veteran who served 3 tours in Iraq & Afghanistan. Are the kids and I eligible for this offer if he doesn't attend? The party is Aug 25, but he doesn't arrive until Aug 26.

2. Can these tickets be bought in advance over the phone? Or do I need to go to Shades of Green to buy them? Or does my husband need to be present to buy them? The savings is significant, but I'd be worried the tickets wouldn't be available if I waited until we arrived in Florida.

3. Should I call Shades of Green to get these answers?

Thank you.

If you have a valid military ID you qualify for the offer. (Normally after 20 years and being officially "retired" you have and he should both have retired ID cards.) If you have the "magic" ID card then you can purchase the tickets from Shades or at the gate at WDW. In the past Disney has said that they will still sell you a ticket the day of even if sold out, however I can't confirm if this will be the case this year. I know last year they weren't advertising it, but were still honoring it. Information to a link with more info and there is a link to accepted ID on this post as well: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...on-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2017/ . (I don't have any affiliated with Steve at MDT, but he is normally on point with his info.)

I have been to the MNNSHP back in 1996 and we had a great time. After seeing the prices for the tickets this year I was a little sticker shocked. It will be myself and my adult daughter and her daughter who will be 4 at the time. Do you really think it is worth 350.00? My daughter said she thinks we should skip it but then my Granddaughter would not be able to trick or treat. It is our first trip in a long time and I don't think we will be going back for at least a few years so I am flip flopping. Should we just bite the bullet and go for it?

Come on Hallowishes Dessert Party bookings, waiting for them to open up! I got my Star Wars Tour booked this morning, so the dessert party is the last piece of my plan to finalize.

I have been to the MNNSHP back in 1996 and we had a great time. After seeing the prices for the tickets this year I was a little sticker shocked. It will be myself and my adult daughter and her daughter who will be 4 at the time. Do you really think it is worth 350.00? My daughter said she thinks we should skip it but then my Granddaughter would not be able to trick or treat. It is our first trip in a long time and I don't think we will be going back for at least a few years so I am flip flopping. Should we just bite the bullet and go for it?

If you had a great time last time you did it and are not likely to be back for a number of years I would say it would be. Have you seen other peoples videos on YouTube? Watch the parade, show and firework on there maybe that will help. Knowing I'm not returning for a few years has made spend a bit more to experience extra things especially as I may not be back for Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter