"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

So did anyone else notice all the villains on the hocus pocus show advertisement?

All the usual suspects plus oogie boogie and Hades. I know I shouldn't let this excite me and it's probably nothing.

But I have to wonder if these 2 will be showing up at mnsshp this year.

Oogie Boogie would be AWESOME, but, yeah, - most likely too much to hope for!

Think this has been asked but didn't see a response...any idea of likely wait times on a sold out MNSSHP party (going on 10/12 Col Day so assume it will sell out) Asking because it looks unlikely we will get FP+ for earlier that day for 7DMT and A&E as they are already showing no availability and my 60-day window doesn't open til tomorrow! So how long can we expect to wait for those two...we can stay til the end and certainly try them during 1st parade if that is a good option. What about things like Pirates, Peter Pan etc....busier than a crowded park day or better as the night goes on? Many thanks..it's been years since I have done this event and want to make my 18 year-old nieces birthday (which is that day!) special.

Think this has been asked but didn't see a response...any idea of likely wait times on a sold out MNSSHP party (going on 10/12 Col Day so assume it will sell out) Asking because it looks unlikely we will get FP+ for earlier that day for 7DMT and A&E as they are already showing no availability and my 60-day window doesn't open til tomorrow! So how long can we expect to wait for those two...we can stay til the end and certainly try them during 1st parade if that is a good option. What about things like Pirates, Peter Pan etc....busier than a crowded park day or better as the night goes on? Many thanks..it's been years since I have done this event and want to make my 18 year-old nieces birthday (which is that day!) special.

Last year over Columbus Day the Thursday and Friday parties sold out. You may have better luck with a Monday or Tuesday party.

To answer your question though, during those parties last year the Haunted Mansion was a steady 45 minute wait all night. The 7DMT never went under an hour, and hovered around 90 minutes all night, and was over 2 hours at 7pm when the party started because day guests were still in line up until, and during, the first parade into Hallowishes. Peter Pan is always a steady 45 minutes to an hour. For some reason I remember Pirates being down last year during that time, it may have malfunctioned? On a sold out night I would expect 30-45 minutes. After the second parade, (which is much later this year), every line should clear out except the 7DMT, but that is only going to give you like 30 minutes to ride as much as you can. My suggestion would be to be ride PP right before or during the first parade, ride the HM, then after the parade passes through Liberty Square, cut through the walkway from Liberty Square to Adventureland and ride Pirates and see Jack Sparrow if he is out, then position yourself in Frontierland to see the 2nd parade.

All of the parties of Columbus weekend/week sold out last year. They've added a Tuesday party this year that hopefully will help, but I still expect them all to sell out. As for wait times, we did two parties last year, and for the non sold out night, 7DMT was a 25 minute wait. The sold out party it was 45 minute wait. Everything else was pretty short both nights.

I did a sold out party last year, I didn't do A&E, the posted wait time for 7dmt was around an hr, we got in line right as the first parade was beginning and waited no more than 20minutes, so that's my advice! Haunted mansion we rode directly after the second parade and it was also only about 20min

With a fast pass for 4:20pm it took 30 minutes to get in and out for a&e on sold out oct 31st if that helps in anyway to figure out what standby might be.

ok, I would love any assistance with getting our MNSSHP costumes figured out. Our son is going to dress up as Luke Skywalker for the party. Originally, I had bought an R2D2 dress online, but it does not fit the way I had hoped so moving on. Husband will wear the Darth Vader tshirt. Since it will be so hot, it is not practical for us to wear actual "costumes" I am stuck between wanting to be Princess Leia or R2 D2. Do they really sell Leia Mickey Ears? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to be Leia?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so frustrated with the r2D2 dress situation. LOL

ok, I would love any assistance with getting our MNSSHP costumes figured out. Our son is going to dress up as Luke Skywalker for the party. Originally, I had bought an R2D2 dress online, but it does not fit the way I had hoped so moving on. Husband will wear the Darth Vader tshirt. Since it will be so hot, it is not practical for us to wear actual "costumes" I am stuck between wanting to be Princess Leia or R2 D2. Do they really sell Leia Mickey Ears? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to be Leia?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so frustrated with the r2D2 dress situation. LOL

I'm dressing as R2D2 for the Star Wars 10k. I got a tank top from amazon - http://www.amazon.com/I-Am-R2D2-Jun...&qid=1439480548&sr=8-1&keywords=r2d2+tank+top. I'm going to wear it with a blue sparkle skirt, or maybe a white one - I haven't decided yet.

I am stuck between wanting to be Princess Leia or R2 D2. Do they really sell Leia Mickey Ears? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to be Leia?

Yes, Princess Leia ears with the attached "buns" are sold in the parks.

You could just wear all white and with the ears, everyone will know who you are. Unless you want to be Slave Leia that's a completely different "look!" :)

Google Her Universe - there are a lot of cute Star Wars items on her site.

Yes, Princess Leia ears with the attached "buns" are sold in the parks.

You could just wear all white and with the ears, everyone will know who you are. Unless you want to be Slave Leia that's a completely different "look!" :)

Google Her Universe - there are a lot of cute Star Wars items on her site.
You could also check Pinterest or just google "runDisney Princess Leia". Costume ideas for running tend to also be awesome costumes for really hot Halloweens at Disney!

I just booked a quick trip to Disney for Sept 12-16 and was wondering if it would be odd for a single female adult to go to the Halloween party (Sept 15) and possibly dress up - or will I look like a weird person that preys on children :)

I just booked a quick trip to Disney for Sept 12-16 and was wondering if it would be odd for a single female adult to go to the Halloween party (Sept 15) and possibly dress up - or will I look like a weird person that preys on children :)
You would not look weird at all. Nobody would notice or care.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter