Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Yes Disney store has all the dumbo t shirts. I think people were still wanting one?

I sure wanted one! I was desperate enough to order the red one a size smaller than I wanted off of eBay just so I could get a darn I Did It Shirt. Now I am going to get both of the I Did It Shirts (I really wanted the white one since it's a whick a way shirt but no one was selling it on eBay ah well it all works). After all the frustration around the DDD shirts I am sure glad to just get the shirts I wanted most!

My final recaps!
What a fun read! I wish my family could have been there with me, but I sent my daughters off to college, and running is not my husband's thing, though he was there to support me and cheer. As for that dirt segment, I didn't even notice any smelliness because I was too busy being frustrated that I couldn't keep up with my pace group and was trying to gauge whether I could manage the energy it would take to catch up and still have enough to keep up. The combination of heat and humidity zapped me. That said, it was my least favorite segment because I just don't like dirt roads.

I saw someone wearing the white Dumbo shirt in the parks after the race, and really wanted one. I'm excited that they are offering them, and I ordered mine this morning. :yay:

What a fun read! I wish my family could have been there with me, but I sent my daughters off to college, and running is not my husband's thing, though he was there to support me and cheer. As for that dirt segment, I didn't even notice any smelliness because I was too busy being frustrated that I couldn't keep up with my pace group and was trying to gauge whether I could manage the energy it would take to catch up and still have enough to keep up. The combination of heat and humidity zapped me. That said, it was my least favorite segment because I just don't like dirt roads.

I saw someone wearing the white Dumbo shirt in the parks after the race, and really wanted one. I'm excited that they are offering them, and I ordered mine this morning. :yay:

Yeah I missed the smelliness too of course I was sidetracked with other things. Mainly I "made a friend" with another runner for about four miles of the race course (miles 6-10). And one of that was during the supposedly stinky portion. And by make a friend I found someone who was having problems due to body problems (stomach). And knowing how hard it can be to run on any sort of body problems and knowing that if we got to the sweepers she would be clear I volunteered to act as a pacer for her and she agreed. So I acted as a pacer for the two of us and got her past the sweeping point. Also helped me a bit because I think I was getting near close to hitting an early wall from the darn weather before I started running with her. Managed to push that off until we got between mile 10 and mile 11.

Wish I had gotten her name and phone number though. She was fun to run with and I think she finished but would have loved to check and make sure she did. I got her nickname but I don't have her full name and I don't feel like scrolling through the gigantic list of results to try and find her. Knowing my luck though I'll probably see her at Tinkerbell or in Florida. That seems to happen a lot (I met my best friend who is a Disney lover at the WDW 5k back in 2012, we didn't exchange number or anything and somehow found each other on the Tinkerbell 5k course).

That was an awesome thing to do. Are there pictures of you two together? You could get her bib number and look that up in the results. I know people remember kindnesses like that forever. I ran a race where I was fading as I was approaching the finish line, and the stranger next to me told me not to stop, you've got this, stay strong, and I finished with my fastest time to date. I never got her name either, but I will never forget it.

You should sign up for Run the 'Rocks. I will be there, we can say 'hi' for real. You know you want to run up those stairs in the amphitheater! and you get a (little) medal for running a 5k ;)

That was an awesome thing to do. Are there pictures of you two together? You could get her bib number and look that up in the results. I know people remember kindnesses like that forever. I ran a race where I was fading as I was approaching the finish line, and the stranger next to me told me not to stop, you've got this, stay strong, and I finished with my fastest time to date. I never got her name either, but I will never forget it.

You should sign up for Run the 'Rocks. I will be there, we can say 'hi' for real. You know you want to run up those stairs in the amphitheater! and you get a (little) medal for running a 5k ;)

Hadn't even thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah we have photos next to each other from the Angels Stadium run. She ended up finishing 13 minutes in front of me. I guess her plan to try to jog the last 3.1 miles didn't work out quiet as planned (we split up when she said she was going to job the majority of the next 3 miles, there was no way my legs were going to put up with that). But she did finish which I am happy for her.

Sounds like fun and the timing is right where it isn't too close to the Wine and Dine (heading back to Florida for attempt number two at Coast to Coast after I started to get nauseous during the run intervals at the Princess). And I was looking for at least one short race in between the DDD and the W&D. But I have to check something first before I register. Will message you if I decide to register! Would love to meet another board member!

Again- a guess- is that this will not repeat. the 5K and kids races will move to Friday, which means expo will open Thurs. This should help both expo issues and the kids races IMO. GSC has this schedule and so does the Tink, so I think this one was a schedule conflict that required them to do the races back to back.

The official race program for TOT says the DLR half next year will be from the 28th to 31st. Does that support your guess?

My final recaps!

Loved the recap...asked the Tink thread if they had the "dirt path" for Tink and they said no....lucky them ! As for the smell I just thought it was me sweating....:rotfl2: when I saw Peggy I cried....so fun to see her after reading about her from all the thread folks....

Did you hear this from RunDisney directly or is this your prediction? pixiedust:

Prediction. But I'm smarter than rD. LOL Just kidding! I think it's a good prediction based on the dates they provide. But no- not 100% sure that is the case as rD hasn't provided me directly with that information.

The official race program for TOT says the DLR half next year will be from the 28th to 31st. Does that support your guess?
Interesting, so they changed the dates between the time the DLR half and TOT programs were printed, because this year's DLR half program says August 29-31.

Interesting, so they changed the dates between the time the DLR half and TOT programs were printed, because this year's DLR half program says August 29-31.

I have nothing printed, just the PDF they just put up about 2 days ago. Others who have done rD races before indicated the programs and the waivers, etc, were later than usual. Maybe it's b/c they were having a desperate race to figure out if they needed to add that next day?

Just an FYI... If you missed out on Dumbo and C2C stuff at the DL expo, you can get it online but only for one week. I think it started the 10th so a few days left. Just ordered mine :thumbsup2 I was not wanting to take a chance on missing it or not being ale to get a C2C shirt at the TOT, if I didn't have a C2C bracelet (I completed it at DDD).

runDisney sent me my link to my race certificate, and on the Dumbo Double Dare choice, my net times and my clock times are reversed, and the word 'inaugural' is misspelled. Is it just me, or is this a template and everybody's has the same problem? I sent them a message asking them to fix it.

runDisney sent me my link to my race certificate, and on the Dumbo Double Dare choice, my net times and my clock times are reversed, and the word 'inaugural' is misspelled. Is it just me, or is this a template and everybody's has the same problem? I sent them a message asking them to fix it.

:headache: That's terrible.

Speaking of typos, on the TOT thread we're talking about the errors they have made in official communications. Like on the corral assignments page the race name has changed to Tower of Terrer. :rolleyes1

My first Tinker Bell certificate has reversed times as well. I figured it was a glitch but maybe it's a bigger issues.

Yep, same problem for me too. I'll message them as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!