$185 on or after July 18, 2012

Disney Family Fun Run 5K:
$50 per participant
$55 per Stroller division participant

runDisney Kids' Races:
$10 per Kids' Dash participant
$25 per 1-Mile Run participant

When: November 9 & 10, 2012
Expo - Friday Nov. 9th (10am-7pm) & Saturday Nov. 10th (9am-4pm)
Pasta in the Park Party - (Friday night, if applicable)
5K - Saturday, November 10th, 7am @ Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kids' Races - Saturday, November 10th, 10am @ ESPN Wide World of Sports
½ Marathon- Saturday, November 10th, 10pm @ ESPN Wide World of Sports
After Party- Saturday, November 10th, 10:30pm-3am @ Epcot

Where: Walt Disney World Resort
Expo - ESPN Wide World of Sports
5K - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kids' Races - ESPN Wide World of Sports
½ Marathon - Starts at ESPN WWoS, to and through Disney's Animal Kingdom, to and through Disney's Hollywood Studios, past the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach resorts, to/through Epcot to the finish line.

Where to Stay: Walt Disney World Resort Host Hotels
Value Category:
•All Star Movies
•All Star Music
•All Star Sports
Moderate Category:
•Caribbean Beach Resort
Deluxe Category:
•Animal Kingdom Lodge
•Beach Club Resort
•BoardWalk Resort
DVC/Villa Category:
•Saratoga Springs Resort

W.I.S.H. Meet
8:30pm near inside information booth pre-race staging area

Download Your Waiver from the runDisney site

Thought there should be an official thread since there has been chatter on a couple other threads about this race.

Post your questions, comments, training tips, etc.

Anyone else getting a little amped about the Runners' Night Out?

Thanks! I've been waiting for an official thread! This will be my 2nd 1/2 (unless I decide to run another one before Nov). I ran the Tinkerbell in Jan and will be looking to earn my C2C! We are actually heading out on a cruise on Sunday, so we already had tickets into FL for Sat, now we shifted everything a day, and I'll get to earn so extra bling! :). My DH plans to run the 5k and my 2 DDs will run the kids race. What a great family experience to kick off our cruise!

Here's a couple of questions for those who have run a WDW race before...
1) do the host hotels remain the same for each race, each year? So, the hotels that were hosts for the 2011 W&D, will they be the host hotels again?
2) do you book on your own (not DVC owners) thru WDW or another travel site, or do you book thru runDisney's travel booking partner (GET)?
Thanks!

1) do the host hotels remain the same for each race, each year? So, the hotels that were hosts for the 2011 W&D, will they be the host hotels again?
2) do you book on your own (not DVC owners) thru WDW or another travel site, or do you book thru runDisney's travel booking partner (GET)?
Thanks!

1- They seem to usually stay the same.

2- I have an Annual pass, but I always check rates everywhere, whether it be an AP rate through Disney or other deals going on. I find it best to use a fee free agent such as Dreams. They will find you the best deal for your needs and will check all avenues.

I'm in for the Wine & Dine. It was my first ever race last year and I've been hooked ever since. Great experience and love love love the after party.

Thanks!

I can't comment on your first question, because I can't remember and there have only been two previous occurrences for this race, statistically, it would be an unsound answer.

However, the second one I can answer! I have my Travel Agent book my room (if not staying DVC) for race weekends. She knows why I am going and works out the best deal for me. I do rent a car, so I don't always stay at a host resort, though. I did use GET Travel once, for the Tinkerbell, because I didn't register soon enough. They were easy to deal with and very professional, no complaints. I didn't have the relationship with GET that I do with my TA, so it did seem a little more rigid and less personal, but that was to be expected in my opinion.

I'm in! Can't wait to register.

I emailed asking about host resorts...no reply yet (they are most likely busy with the Princess race)

I am hoping to get my coast to coast!

Thought I saw registration opens March 13.....

So in as long as its really the night of the 10th! Second half of my C2C and I can't wait! <3

I'm down for this race. I will literally be running into my 41st birthday. :) Also, I'm going to try and go perfectly W&D for as long as they have it - or until my legs fall off. :lmao:

Oh, as far as resorts, I stayed at the Dolphin last year and it worked out quite well for me: gov't rate AND close enough to walk to BW to get the busses for start. After the race, we just walked back to our resort, not having to fight for busses and it was a good 'stretch' for after the run. :)

Hi Jeanigor

Thank you so much for posting comments and photos for us (in the other thread). It's always nice to hear about other peoples experiences. Also, are the medals in your ticker yours? If so, congrats on the collection.

So my goal for the race is to finish, not get swept and take at least some photos and as long as I keep the training up, I shouldn't have a problem.

To... EddieMccoy2..... Can you tell me a little bit more about the after party. I have never been to a race and would love to know more..

I'm down for this race. I will literally be running into my 41st birthday. :) Also, I'm going to try and go perfectly W&D for as long as they have it - or until my legs fall off. :lmao:

Oh, as far as resorts, I stayed at the Dolphin last year and it worked out quite well for me: gov't rate AND close enough to walk to BW to get the busses for start. After the race, we just walked back to our resort, not having to fight for busses and it was a good 'stretch' for after the run. :)

I'd like to be a legacy participant for W&D as well. And happy birthday to another Scorpio. :thumbsup2 (We do rock....)

Had the pleasure of the Beach Club last year as my resort. While I adored the proximity to Epcot and Food and Wine (and most importantly the finish line) I wasn't super impressed. :confused3 I'm going to wait and see which resorts are going to be host resorts and then decide. Most likely wherever it is, will be DVC.

Thanks for starting this thread!! I can't wait, this will be my second 1/2 as I did the Tinkerbell and am going for my C2C. Super excited!!! We will stay at Boardwalk Villas as we're DVC and already have it booked... I just wish November didn't seem sooooooo far away!!

Are you able to walk to Epcot from CBR? Or is it too far/no path? Right now I am booked for the week before our cruise at PoRFQ but that may change between now and then... I would loooove to stay at the Swan/Dolphin but they don't offer ME, and I can't justify the expense on top of the higher cost there... although it WOULD be nice to be able to go to the airport when I want to on a shuttle... hmm....

For those that HAVE used GET before, is it much of a deal at all? Or is it pretty much rack rate and nothing compared to a room only or package discount if one is released between now and then? Its only a $40 difference for me to upgrade my Disneyland AP to premier vs. paying rack rate OOP for a Park Hopper... I have my work cut out for me! :confused3

Thanks! I've been waiting for an official thread! This will be my 2nd 1/2 (unless I decide to run another one before Nov). I ran the Tinkerbell in Jan and will be looking to earn my C2C! We are actually heading out on a cruise on Sunday, so we already had tickets into FL for Sat, now we shifted everything a day, and I'll get to earn so extra bling! :). My DH plans to run the 5k and my 2 DDs will run the kids race. What a great family experience to kick off our cruise!

JeanIgor Thanks for starting this thread! It had been asked about several times on other threads and I'm glad you stepped up and created it! :):cool1:

specialks Are you sailing on the Dream from Sept 23-27? We are too! I did the DL half 2011 after a week on the Alaskan Disney cruise. It didn't do wonders for my tapering (having marathon food intake! lol). But I'm hoping with only a 4 day cruise, and better choices, this will be better. Also, I plan on actually using the track on the ship this time, and not just walking down to it to see where it is, and never going back, like last time! lol.

Good luck to everyone doing this race. I'm so excited!

Oh, and jeanigor you mentioned Runner's Night Out. What is this? Do you mean the race at night in general or is this another event? :) Thanks! :)

specialks Are you sailing on the Dream from Sept 23-27? We are too! I did the DL half 2011 after a week on the Alaskan Disney cruise. It didn't do wonders for my tapering (having marathon food intake! lol). But I'm hoping with only a 4 day cruise, and better choices, this will be better. Also, I plan on actually using the track on the ship this time, and not just walking down to it to see where it is, and never going back, like last time! lol.

Good luck to everyone doing this race. I'm so excited!

Hi MelindaRuns,
We aren't taking a Disney cruise...:( However, it is a gift cruise for our family from my FIL, so I'm not going to be picky. :goodvibes Our ship leaves Miami on Nov 11th at 4 pm. We hope we aren't cutting it too close, but planning on skipping the after party and hitting our hotel for some sleep. Then driving from Orlando to Miami. It appears it should only take us 3.5 hours or so. Does that seem right to any of you Floridians??

Question, if we choose to drive our car, it says parking is only at Epcot (not ESPNWWS), so do they have transportation from Epcot to the starting area?

I'm so excited & can't wait to find out more info!

Hi MelindaRuns,
We aren't taking a Disney cruise...:( However, it is a gift cruise for our family from my FIL, so I'm not going to be picky. :goodvibes Our ship leaves Miami on Nov 11th at 4 pm. We hope we aren't cutting it too close, but planning on skipping the after party and hitting our hotel for some sleep. Then driving from Orlando to Miami. It appears it should only take us 3.5 hours or so. Does that seem right to any of you Floridians??

Question, if we choose to drive our car, it says parking is only at Epcot (not ESPNWWS), so do they have transportation from Epcot to the starting area?

I'm so excited & can't wait to find out more info!

Yeah, what am I thinking. Im getting my races mixed up. My cruise on the Disney Dream is just before the Tower of Terror Ten Miler, not the Wine and Dine Half. I'm with you- a free cruise is a good cruise! That is an awesome gift. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it! And its AFTER the race- what a perfect way to relax!

Oh, and jeanigor you mentioned Runner's Night Out. What is this? Do you mean the race at night in general or is this another event? :) Thanks! :)

You're welcome. And I'm also very happy you're excited about it!!! It'll be a smashing good time!!

"Runner's Night Out" is runDisney's tagline for the race. But that does remind me that there may be a Pasta in the Parks party prior to the race. Something else to add to the initial post.

The drive time to Miami sounds about right. On a Sunday, there shouldn't be too much traffic to contend with.

And yes, there will be buses taking you from Epcot's parking lot to ESPN's WWoS. You can't park at ESPN because it is overflowing with race people and equipment and what not. As well as the fact that it is easier to take you from the finish line to the start line than the opposite. (Also less chance of illness, cramping or whatnot on the buses if they transport you pre race.) There may also be a financial benefit for Disney with the contracting of chartering buses that late in the night.

The drive time to Miami sounds about right. On a Sunday, there shouldn't be too much traffic to contend with.

And yes, there will be buses taking you from Epcot's parking lot to ESPN's WWoS. You can't park at ESPN because it is overflowing with race people and equipment and what not. As well as the fact that it is easier to take you from the finish line to the start line than the opposite. (Also less chance of illness, cramping or whatnot on the buses if they transport you pre race.) There may also be a financial benefit for Disney with the contracting of chartering buses that late in the night.

Thanks! Makes sense.

I wrote to runDisney about host hotels and they just said that that info hasn't been released yet. To keep an eye out for more info near the March 13 reg date. Also, they said that the host hotels are not the same year after year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter