Official 2012 Princess Half Marathon Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappyfamily

MEESKA MOOSKA!
Ok everyone here is the "official" thread, hope no one minds that I started it!

*February 24, 25, and raceday on the 26th of 2012

Join in everyone can't wait to "meet you all" :banana:

Michele
----------------

Where are you staying on Raceday?

Kappyfamily (Michele)- Bay Lake Tower
Disneyboyz (Nikki)- Bay Lake Tower
princess.april120 (April) - Bay Lake Tower
daisy11287 (wendy) - Bay Lake towers

freepixie - Polynesian
haleofafamily (Merci) - Polynesian

tiggerunner (Kathy and Nicki) - POR
katepass72 (Kate) - POR
stamot - POR

mamacate (Cate) - POFQ
saysay (Julie) - POFQ
tinkeramy (Amy) - POFQ
Shellbelle76 (Shelley) - POFQ
nancytoby - POFQ

MHT to MCO (Amanda) - AK's Kidani Villiage
TMcDwyer (Taryn) - AK's Kidani Village
nishmom (pattie) - AK's Kidani Village
4happybogles (Tara) - AK's Kidani Village

stitchfan18 (Heather) - AK- Jambo House
mommylo (May)- AK Jambo House
Mountaineer (Marty) - AK Jambo House
Kimcat1 (Kim) - AK Jambo House
Travlrmel (Melody) - AK Jambo House
Bookwood (Pam) - AK Jambo House
Twingle (Jennie) - AK Jambo House
Rundisneymom - AK Jambo House
hvivona (Heather) - AK Jambo House
ScrapAM (Annette) - AK Jambo House

kmchisholm (Katharine) - Boardwalk Villas
schmass (Sarah)- Boardwalk Villas
DisneyParrothead - Boardwalk Villas

ColleenG (Colleen) - Saratoga Springs

TeresaZ (Teresa) - Caribbean Beach Resort
Princess1/2hopeful (Stephanie) - Caribbean Beach Resort
Ateam97 (Elizabeth) - Caribbean Beach Resort
Disfan11 Caribbean Beach Resort
flgirl36 (Julie) - Caribbean Beach Resort

dawn8179 (Melissa & James) - All Star Movies

Offsite Hotels:
Westgre (Clarion Inn Buena Vista)

I'm in :) I may walk/ Jog slowly :goodvibes but I am ready to do this !
I want the medal!!

I'm in as well as my "sister". I think we're making it a huge family weekend if the logistics work out. My sister liked all the pictures I had and considering she has a year to train, she's confident she can do it. So we'll definitely be there (although I'm making her pick our name and costumes).

Count me in:cool1: I can't wait! I should get off the couch and go for a run now. It's raining though.:sad1:

I had such a great time last week. For those that plan to go, make sure to get to Orlando a few days before. I made the mistake of arriving on Saturday and did way too much. By the time I went to bed, I was so wound up that I couldn't sleep. I only got about 2 hours of sleep before the race which affected my running and my time. I loved the whole process of planning and preparing for the race. I've been kinda sad all week because I didn't want it to be over. Now, I have something to look forward to.:cool1::cool1::cool1: Thanks for starting this thread.:worship:

I'm in! princess: My two friends and I are going, possibly some more friends, we'll see. We can't wait to plan our trip!!

Thanks for starting the thread, Michele! :)

I'm in! Last week was my first half marathon and I'm hooked! It was an incredible weekend! I did a run/walk interval this time, but am looking to run the whole thing next year! Can't wait!!

I'm in ! I can't wait. I am going to sign up as soon as we are able.
To quote Rapunzel....
BEST.DAY.EVER!

:goodvibes

By the time I went to bed, I was so wound up that I couldn't sleep. I only got about 2 hours of sleep before the race which affected my running and my time.

That's not doing too much. That's par for the course for almost all runners before a big race. Even the elites will say that they don't usually get a good night's sleep the night before a race.

You're not going to sleep well if at all. Welcome to long-distance racing! :goodvibes

Include 3 princess: princess: princess: couch potatoes from Newfoundland, Canada to the list. Myself, my cousin, and our friend decided to do this a few weeks ago :cheer2:. Have been following the Couch to 5K training program in the gym, and got our first outdoor run in today - it was great! Two of us are doing a 5K in April, and the three of us are doing a 10 mile in July. We bought running jackets today, so at least we look the part :lmao:

princess: 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Participants that Registered princess:

Registration List - once registration opens, I would like to volunteer to keep the list of participants up-to-date.

I would also like to list "solo" runners, so we know who we are and get to know each other as time goes by!

Stay tuned for the "official" list once registration opens!

Thanks for starting the official thread! I'm in! My husband and I are taking our first solo trip (in 20 YEARS!) while I run the Princess 1/2! I plan on running the Halloween 5K on Oct. 1st when we take our family trip! :cool1:

princess: 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Participants that Registered princess:

Registration List - once registration opens, I would like to volunteer to keep the list of participants up-to-date.

I would also like to list "solo" runners, so we know who we are and get to know each other as time goes by!

Stay tuned for the "official" list once registration opens!

Perfect! I hereby elect you to this job :thumbsup2!
Welcome everyone!

I am not sure if I am doing it again, the price is high, I live nearby, just race cost is high. If I do end up running it, I will have a poll going to pick my costume cause I would want to be either Alice or Cinderella. Being a guy it does make the race more fun dressed up. Its just I want to do both since I love Cinderellas dress and just like alice. Remember to train hard but injury free.

Thanks Tammy for volunteering to keep the list. I was all prepared to do it, but by the time I got here there were alreayd 14 replies! Glad to see you already did it :)

Count me in! Right now it is just me traveling but I'm trying to recruit a few friends (and/or my sister too). I'm on week 6 of c25k tomorrow and am trying to decide if I want to start on the Galloway program next or do the bridge to 10k in between? Anyone have any advice or experience?
Thanks!
Molly

I had decided to wait until 2013 to do the Princess agian...but my mom doesn't want to wait! And my friend that I meet up with this year wants to do it agian So I guess I'm going for 3 in a row :goodvibes

I was disappointed in it to be honest. But on reflection, I think it was a lot of my personal issues on that particular day, not the race itself. So. I wanna give it another try and see if I can do better, and if it can be more fun and more magical.

1) I didn't like the squishy crowd feeling. That might have been because of walking, I wasn't able to go with the flow better.

2) I was 6 mo pregnant. My feet were an issue early on, which my head just focused on them instead of the whole entertainment/magicalness of the event. So next year- clearly will be another story, eh?

3) I thought I trained well, but on reflection, I am pretty sure my Nike + was shorting me on the miles. Probably undertrained. Won't make that mistake again!

Sooooo... all this being said... tentatively count me in for 2012. :) My sister wants to try again, the girl friends I went with are also talking about it (one for sure, the other one is a possible) And heck... I love Disney. No matter what happens with the race, the whole place is wonderful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter