Official 2011 Princess Half Thread Part II!!!

mla1977

I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest o
I'm impressed that we got to a second thread! I'll be transferring the relevant information over to here in the morning, but in the meantime, feel free to start chatting and sharing your training stories!

Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited to see 2011 roll in! I've been thinking about this Princess weekend for close to a year now and it's ALMOST TIME! :cool1:

Happy New Year!! I'm starting my year out with a 10k race (my first!). It is pretty warm here in VA, hope it is nice for everyonr else.

Happy New Year!! I'm starting my year out with a 10k race (my first!). It is pretty warm here in VA, hope it is nice for everyonr else.

GL today!

I ended my 2010 on a high note with my 10 miler. Today I have to work--- boo! Praying for some miracle that it's slow and I can get back to bed. LOL

I am on the fence about wearing anything cute. Part of me wants to, but part of me just wants to freakin finish. :banana:

And I have to admit, the whole cold weather possibility has me freakin out a bit. I do NOT do cold! The run part would be bad enough in the cold, but the standing in the corrals for a while is where I will be very put out. Bringing throw away blankets, but still... I don't do cold! lol What a Texas weenie!

Going to try to muster up the strength to do 9.5 miles today. Roads are still patchy with snow, so I can't do mile regular 3 mile loop 3 plus times...bummer. Good thing I have my Garmin. And, no, I won't be running (ever - until race day) in my newly made tutu! I made one for my friend who is running as well. Very cute! Will wear over tights.

I guess the weather for this race is just as unpredictable as the WDW Marathon and Half. You don't know if you need short or long sleeves until the week or day of .... ? I think I will do a short sleeve shirt with my "sleeves" so I can roll them down or off if need be. Now to find the perfect shirt to go with my tutu!

Happy New Year, fellow Princesses!!!princess:

It will be here before we know it!! Good luck to everyone as you continue your training, and pixie dust to anyone with injuries that they heal quickly and you can continue with training.

My goodness... I better get started again! I haven't run since last year. :upsidedow

-nat

GL today!

I ended my 2010 on a high note with my 10 miler. Today I have to work--- boo! Praying for some miracle that it's slow and I can get back to bed. LOL

I am on the fence about wearing anything cute. Part of me wants to, but part of me just wants to freakin finish. :banana:

And I have to admit, the whole cold weather possibility has me freakin out a bit. I do NOT do cold! The run part would be bad enough in the cold, but the standing in the corrals for a while is where I will be very put out. Bringing throw away blankets, but still... I don't do cold! lol What a Texas weenie!

Thanks! I am not a fan of cold either, last year I brought a throw-way hoodie and gloves. This year I think I'll bring a hoodie, gloves and a towel or blanket to warp around me. I also will be using heat packs again, last year I put one on my back, one of each foot and had two for my hands ( I ended up giving away one hand warmer to a young girl who was freezing so this year I'm bring lots of extra to give away)

I guess the weather for this race is just as unpredictable as the WDW Marathon and Half. You don't know if you need short or long sleeves until the week or day of .... ? I think I will do a short sleeve shirt with my "sleeves" so I can roll them down or off if need be. Now to find the perfect shirt to go with my tutu!

I think I'll pack it all just in case! Last year I had on a tank top and was wishing for sleeves; it got too warm for the hoodie but not warm enough for no sleeves!

This will be my first time doing the Princess- or any half marathon really. I figured i'd make my first super fun! I've seen a couple of videos on youtube and it looks like a lot of folks dress up. For those of you who've done this before- do most people dress up or is it an even mix?

I am trying to figure out what to wear...I guess you just pack for normal weather and cold. I don't mind running in the cold, its standing around in frigid temps that scares me, though I think I will pack a throwaway blanket. I think I will do a running skirt though rather than a tutu and a snow white red bow on my hat.

I have my first run of the year tomorrow, going for 9 miles. Technically almost ready for the race, can't believe its getting so close.

Happy New Years Everyone!

Just saw this video on youtube. LOVE IT!!! Can't wait!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUG8_rRSBE&feature=player_embedded

This is my first 1/2 marathon. Is there anything that wishers have done in the past to 'mark' them selfs so we know who everyone is during the run? I'm planning on wearing a costume, so I can't really wear a WISH shirt.

Any suggestions? I would love to know who you all are during the race.

-nat

My goodness... I better get started again! I haven't run since last year. :upsidedow

-nat

:lmao:

I am trying to figure out what to wear...I guess you just pack for normal weather and cold. I don't mind running in the cold, its standing around in frigid temps that scares me, though I think I will pack a throwaway blanket. I think I will do a running skirt though rather than a tutu and a snow white red bow on my hat.

I have my first run of the year tomorrow, going for 9 miles. Technically almost ready for the race, can't believe its getting so close.
Happy New Years Everyone!

I like the idea of a running skirt-- I am going to look for one. The only thing is that I am worried I would get cold. I was looking at bringing a throwaway blanket and sweatshirt to help keep me warm.

I did my 9.5 miles yesterday and my knees are a bit sore this morning. It was cold and muggy yesterday, and it kept raining off and on throughout the run. My time was awful, but I am hoping it was because of the humidity and that somehow on race day, it will magically improve.

I don't know is the cause of this, but when I run more than 6 miles, the ball of my right foot starts to hurt. My shoes are about 4 months old; I got them fitted at a running store. And it only happens after mile 6, so I don't know if I need different socks, if my stride is off, or if it's a normal thing. The pain wears off by the next day at the latest, so it isn't a lingering thing. It's just annoying when I am running.

HockeyKat: thanks for the link for the Asics. I am going to buy an extra pair now since it's much cheaper.

Hope everyone has good runs this weekend! I cannot believe it's only a few more weeks until the race!

Going to try to muster up the strength to do 9.5 miles today. Roads are still patchy with snow, so I can't do mile regular 3 mile loop 3 plus times...bummer. Good thing I have my Garmin. And, no, I won't be running (ever - until race day) in my newly made tutu! I made one for my friend who is running as well. Very cute! Will wear over tights.

Home made tutu?? Fantastic! I'm looking for a black one. Running with my cousin who's wearing a black one & I figure that will go with everything ;)

Laura- How are you making out with the CW-x's? Which model did you end up getting? Still haven't taken the plunge. They have some at my local running store though. Good luck w/ your 9.5!

Last year I wore a few layers of throwaways & ended up in just my Princess 1/2 tech shirt before mile 5.

Does anyone know if there will be WISH meets for Princess weekend?

CAN'T WAIT!!:cool1:

Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited to see 2011 roll in! I've been thinking about this Princess weekend for close to a year now and it's ALMOST TIME! :cool1:

OMG OMG OMG. I just don't feel ready at all.
Today is "2011 Family Day". The holidays have been so hectic that we decided we wanted to spend last night and today just all hanging out together, playing Wii, talking - eating! :lmao: - watched the parade this morning, etc.

Tomorrow is my scheduled 8 mile run. It's pretty warm here today - already up to 39 - so hopefully the weather will be as nice tomorrow. If not, it's back to the dreadmill at the Y!! (I have to admit that I am a wimp about running outside - it needs to be at least 20 degrees.... :confused3)

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope that today is the start of a wonderful 2011 for all of us....:goodvibes

Jude

I don't know is the cause of this, but when I run more than 6 miles, the ball of my right foot starts to hurt. My shoes are about 4 months old; I got them fitted at a running store. And it only happens after mile 6, so I don't know if I need different socks, if my stride is off, or if it's a normal thing. The pain wears off by the next day at the latest, so it isn't a lingering thing. It's just annoying when I am running.

HockeyKat: thanks for the link for the Asics. I am going to buy an extra pair now since it's much cheaper.

Hope everyone has good runs this weekend! I cannot believe it's only a few more weeks until the race!

Are your socks cushioned? I would make sure that you try the cool-max version that are the mushiest you can find. I like mine super-thick or my feet hurt.

Glad you could use it!! I am such a deal-watcher.

Does anyone know if there will be WISH meets for Princess weekend?

I sure hope so! I know there has been a pasta dinner meet the night before. This year I really want to meet up with some WISHers, even just to say hello, so we can be sure to find each other on race day.

How many here have a Garmin? I am considering the 405CX version, and was wondering if anyone had that one, could comment on it? Or really any version, and what you love and hate about it?

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to a great 2011! :goodvibes

happy new year everyone! i was in bed early last night but couldn't really sleep on account of i have another cold! this has been a hard winter on me already. tons of colds, strep, the flu, blah blah.

i ran 4 miles yesterday and must do 9 tomorrow! it's supposed to rain but at least it's supposed to be in the 40s which is much better than the 20s!!

i'm so darn nervous about this race and i don't know why. i guess it's just because even when i only run 4 miles i feel like i'm going to die. i don't want to be only 4 miles into the race and feel terrible. after all, i'll be in disney!!

Happy New Year to everyone. :)

Thanks! I am not a fan of cold either, last year I brought a throw-way hoodie and gloves. This year I think I'll bring a hoodie, gloves and a towel or blanket to warp around me. I also will be using heat packs agian, last year I put one on my back, one of each food and had two for my hands ( I ended up giving away one hand warmer to a young girl who was freezing so this year I'm bring lots of extra to give away I think I'll pack it all just in case!!

I absolutely hate the cold! I am a native Floridian and am really nervous about the weather! Where did you the the heat packs? I would love to have some for race day. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter