Off to See Valiant...

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
...with our Free Screening tickets from our Disney Visa! I will let you know what we think when I get back to the computer! :)

We went yesterday. It was cute. Ewan McGregor's voice made the movie for me. I like Tim Curry, too. Maybe too scary for little kids, but okay for my 7 & 8 year olds. They liked it. We had to fill out a survey afterwards because we were the first group to see the movie (11am on Saturday). It was great to be able to choose our viewing time this time.

How did everyone else enjoy the movie?

My husband and I took our 3 year daughter yesterday. We thought it was ok. My daughter was scared in quite a few parts. I was glad it was free! ;)

We went yesterday as well. My kids are 10 and 13 and enjoyed it very much. the 13 yo is a huge history buff so he really enjoyed it form a deeper perspective than the 10yo. It was really nice to choose the day and time rather than be locked into very early AM.

We saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty good. I wish they would have depicted a few scenes differently for the sake of little kids.

I'd give it a ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo out of ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo .

I took my DS (almost 4 yesterday) he seemed to enjoy it. AT one point in the movie, my son just screamed "hooray, he did it" towards valiant...it was too funny!!

I thought it was ok, doesn't compare to any other disney movies. :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug: :pug:

As an adult...I thought it was cute but I didn't get a WOW from it.

Did I imagine it or was there a hidden mickey in the preview of The Greatest Game Ever Played? I thought I saw it on the golf ball in the scene where the guys is putting one ball over the other into the cup.

Well...I am sorry to say that I am glad that I did not have to pay for this movie. :( DD - 12 seemed to really enjoy it. But DD - 14, DH - who loves ALL things Disney, and I thought that it was just "all right." Our 14 yo and I found ourselves dozing off periodically. :rolleyes:

We did not see a preview for The Greatest Game Ever Played, but we did see previews for Chicken Little and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Although I could not imagine a full length feature film being made out of Chicken Little, I thought that it looks like it is going to be REALLY cute! ::yes:: And TL,TW&TW looks REALLY good! I hope that we get offers for free screenings for THESE movies!!! Oh - we also saw previews for the next Harry Potter and it looks good too! I am not much of a movie goer, but I think that there are 3 that I am looking forward to seeing!

We thought it was ok too. My DH and I agreed that we thought it was a great deal since it was free.(well, $24 at the concession stand isn't exactly free... :rotfl2: ) We said we would tell people to wait for video instead of rushing to the theaters. Really cute and the graphics were amazing but just not a "MUST SEE" for us. My DD6 and DD3 definitely did enjoy it, DD3 was a little scared at times too.

All that I can say is "Glad it was free!" Left half way through it - DH stayed with the kids and I went shopping - I was incredibly bored...........I do think the 11 yo learned a few things though.

We saw it too! DS almost 5 was totally absorbed in the movie but afterward said it was just okay.

When I exchanged the vouchers for real tickets the attendant asked me if I wanted to use all 4. I said, well, DD is only 2. They just took 3 and told me I could use the other for any movie (just take the sticker off). I don't know if I will feel comfortable using it for another movie, but I thought that was really nice.

I was there with four kids (ages 10 & 12) and no one was really crazy about the movie. They all thought it was just okay. I kept trying to see what time it was, as I knew it would probably be no longer than 90 mins. For those you you that don't have free tickets...definitely wait for it to be released on video.

DS 10 = loved it
DD 12 = thought it was horrible
Myself = okay
Sister who went in place of DH = didn't care for it

I was hoping for more from this movie but it just didn't do it for me. I know we won't be buying it and doubt we will rent it to watch again either. :(

I thought I saw a hidden Mickey at the beginning of the movie - a shadow in the clouds, but didn't notice one in the Greatest Game Ever Played preview. BethR - this was for a movie about golf, just in case you didn't catch the title. I know my sister didn't. :)

Our highlight of the evening? Running into Scott Rolen of the St Louis Cardinals at Walgreens right before the movie (we were buying some candy). How cool is that?!? :cheer2:

calypso*a*go-go said:
I kept trying to see what time it was, as I knew it would probably be no longer than 90 mins.
I think that it was about 75 minutes long...

I took my DSS 12 and DS8 and they both thought it was "okay". I found it to be a little boring but since it was free I can't complain. They both thought that Chicken Little and Naria looked really good.

I'm glad it was free too. DS 5 loved it, but I wouldn't have been happy spending $20 on tickets for it. I was just happyt hat they didnt' give me a hard time aobut using the passes. We went to our AMC, not one on the list and they took htem fine. I wish I'd known about that earlier! It's nice to finally get a Disney Visa perk!

We saw it yesterday too. Another "it was ok" here. Not one that I would purchase, but like others said, it was free. And I only bought one bottled water so we came out pretty good.

Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter