Off property condos on VRBO

Onceuponadream2

Earning My Ears
I posted on here several times over the past month as a research my off property stay over Easter week. You guys have been a huge help. I had already pulled the trigger on staying at the holiday inn suites waterpark through the Discovery Code promo, which seemed like a steal at around $700 for six nights. However, yesterday I got sucked into looking at rentals on the VRBO site and I am realizing we can get so much space, and even a private pool, for the same amount. Any experience booking through that site? Should I be leery of the listings that do not have reviews?

I'm close to booking a house in an area called Hamilton's reserve. Also considering two condos in Bellavida, but leery because of no reviews. TIA again!

VRBO is the only site we use to book our condos and townhouses....we never stay on site. We've used VRBO probably 10 or 12 times easily. It's fantastic and easy to use. No, we don't tend to rent from places without reviews. We also tend to rent from units that are privately owned instead of owned by rental agencies. Usually the ones we rent are owned by snowbirds. The description will be a pretty good clue if it's privately owned or a rental company, you'll be able to tell. We also look for ones with recent reviews, and we also try to stay at the same place repeatedly...in other words once we find one we like, we stay there multiple times because it's a "known" quantity.

There are tons of places all along Rt 192 to rent from. You can get anything from a one bedroom one bath condo to a 4+ bedroom home. We usually wind up with a 3 or 4 bedroom condo or townhouse for about $600-$750/week.

I love vrbo or HomeAway, now owned by same company. I have rented several times for girlfriend long weekends. Find the place you like, then email the owner and ask if they will book you offline to avoid the fee that the rental company now charges. Our last rental in Michigan for a long weekend was perfect. And the owner was the one who suggested booking directly to avoid the fee. The last time I booked in Orlando I got a four bedroom, three bsth house with pool and hot tub, about 10 min from parks, for 100 a night.

FYI.. Bella Vida is a good distance away from the parks. At least 20-30 minute drive depending on traffic. If taking a mid day break is in your plans the distance is something to consider. You also have to pass through some sketchy areas to get there. Not bad in the daylight but after dark it's a different story.

Thanks everyone! Super helpful as always. I ended up booking a house that's even bigger than what we need (!) in the Indian Creek community. I feel really comfortable because it has great reviews, is privately owned, and she booked with me on paypal to avoid the VRBO fee - things I wouldn't have known to look/ask for if it weren't for your replies! Thanks!

Thanks everyone! Super helpful as always. I ended up booking a house that's even bigger than what we need (!) in the Indian Creek community. I feel really comfortable because it has great reviews, is privately owned, and she booked with me on paypal to avoid the VRBO fee - things I wouldn't have known to look/ask for if it weren't for your replies! Thanks!

Would you mind sharing what listing it was? Always looking for places to keep in mind. Have a great trip!

We have used VRBO several times. We wound up going privately to the owners later for better pricing. As for homes, I do not know much about communities other than Windsor Hills. That community is about 2 minutes from the Disney arch from what I have been told.

I've also got what seems to be a great spot in Indian Creek via VRBO. I'm less than 2 weeks away from going and will gladly share the link assuming everything turns out as good as it's been so far in initial dealings/bookings.

My management company has mine listed on VBRO. You can save a lot of money from hotels. Three BR two bath condo, community pool. Just look at the pictures of the places since not all are updated. Most are run through management companies that will have another website that you can check on BBB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter