Of all the Disney Resorts, where would you stay?

No question it would be the Poly! If they do make a Poly DVC, I will definitely be buying in!

Right now, BLT Magic Kingdom view is my dream vacation. :)

For my pie-in-the-sky plan...a villa at the Polynesian!!!!

Hilton Head Island

We have also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani which we loved and just got back from SSR- Tree House Villas (our home resort). Of the three we love Hilton Head Island (even DW who is not a beach person) the most.

At WDW I would say I love SSR the most because of the DVC member golf clinics there, my DW would say the same resort because of the spa (that is why it is our home resort)
The kids would say AKV - Kidani

A lot depends on what we are doing that particular stay:
Resort only stay - AKL; BCV; OKW
Parks - BCV; BWV; VWL
Shopping/Going to other than WDW Parks/Last Minute Trip - AKL; OKW; SSR
Touring/Beach/Doing Something Different - VB; HH

AULANI!!!! Why? Because it's Hawaii!:cool1:

I'm new enough to DVC that we haven't stayed anywhere... only Disney property we've even been to is the WL on our honeymoon 4 years ago. We're headed to Aulani in a few weeks, and I have to say I'm most excited about that. Trying out VGC in January, and if I get a World of Color view, I would be beside myself.

As for WDW, the very first place we are going is AKV Savanna View. I am certainly hoping to try them all some day, but seeing animals from my balcony is my highest priority!

BCV is our favorite. We bought sight unseen, had never even seen the resort, just knew Epcot was the place we enjoy the most. As both my husband and I agree, our BCV points were the best thing we could have purchased. We do stay at OKW frequently, having stumbled onto it because of the lower point per stay factor. My family loves it there. We own SSR, and probably would have preferred owning at OKW. Though we did try out the Treehouse Villas this summer and they were nice. The Grand Floridian is our favorite non-DVC resort at WDW. Enough so that, we'll probably buy there as long as the cost doesn't border on ridiculous. :lmao:

"Points asside" I would choose an AKV GV at Jambo. I want to have access to that pool table room!:thumbsup2

They are building my DVC dream resort. :goodvibes

I hear you. It's driving me nuts waiting for it to go on sale. I am impatiently waiting to add on points. I am in the hole for points and even though we were at WDW in July I am already having withdrawals and wishing I could go soon. Would love a trip to check out the new fantasy land.

As far as favorite resort....boy that is tough. I'm sure it will be GFV but current ones I really liked OKW and AKV-K. Have yet to stay at Epcot resorts so that could change.

Aulani and VGC are my favourite resorts. At WDW close between VWL/BCV/AKV for different reasons.

"Points asside" I would choose an AKV GV at Jambo. I want to have access to that pool table room!:thumbsup2

That's the bomb! Diane, aren't those GV's the ones with the really large patios/balconies? I've seen pictures of them and as we really enjoy having coffee, drinks and even dinner in our spacious OKW balconies I think these would be fabulous!

Found the pic. I might never leave the villa with this balcony...........

A week here with my family and closest friends!

Jambo-AKV-Balconies.jpg

That's the bomb! Diane, aren't those GV's the ones with the really large patios/balconies? I've seen pictures of them and as we really enjoy having coffee, drinks and even dinner in our spacious OKW balconies I think these would be fabulous!

Found the pic. I might never leave the villa with this balcony...........

A week here with my family and closest friends!

Jambo-AKV-Balconies.jpg

Yep, that's it! I love the idea of being on one of those "end caps" in the middle of a savanna! We are actually going to try to get one next year in December for our family trip. We'll book an OKW GV for the 4 of us at the 11 month mark, and then try to switch to AKV at 7 months. Even if I can only get it for a couple of days....:thumbsup2

For years we stayed at the YC water view and here and there at the BWV, being able to request and get the Luna Park view. The trees were smaller back then. I know now that probably isn't a sure thing as DVC has grown. So we enjoy being at the Epcot Resort area so much we became DVC members at the BWV . I would say my favorite is still the BWV. Boardwalk View

Hands down BLT. Glad it's our home resort. We love the convenience of walking to MK, the proximity of the quick service dining, and the kids love the arcade!

which WDW resort would you choose to stay at if you could stay anywhere and why?
I think it really depends on the trip, and what I was looking for for that particular stay. There is no one place I'd want to stay every single time.

I'd say BLT or even the Contemp (I own DVC but not at BLT)...just love the monorail resorts, dining and parks. We have been trying the different DVC resorts since buying in 2006, but BLT is not one that DH leans towards whenever we go to book a new trip. We stayed at the Contemp before (for a seminar that DH had to attend) and I LOVED it. DH likes the Epcot area resorts (BWV is his fave...but we are just about to do BCV for the 1st time) for walking to Epcot...I keep reminding him that we can monorail from BLT. Plus we spend most of our time at Epcot and MK and we always must eat at Ohana...BLT really is perfect for us...DH is dumb! I also like POLY (never stayed there but it's beautiful). So, if I won a free trip and could pick any resort on property it would be BLT, Contemp or POLY (if all 5 of us were going, I'd have to go with a villa at BLT. If just DH and I, I might select POLY).

Well, It depends on circumstances...

Fall or Spring - VB
Doing the Parks - BWV
Early or late summer - HHI
Christmas - VWL

:)

We prefer KV one because it is quiet. You have first bus stop on and off. Only one other stop. That is a huge thing for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!