Oddest places you've met a fellow DVC owner..

I was at a local car dealership purchasing a car for the company I work. It turned out that the salesman was a DVC member.

Was it Toyota? There is a guy on another list I am on who is a car salesman for Toyota.

I have met DVC members at the beach, the local mall, and at a farm stand where the owner told me what a great time they had (during the off season for farming) with her brother who owns at BWV.

I have 2 members (that I know of) at work and have seen DVC members with DVC bags at the airport (not going to WDW) here in NY.

But the best is the state prison. :rolleyes:

This thread is like the Shelter Island Reporter's ongoing piece "Where in the World?". Readers send in pictures of themselves holding up the paper on their travels and the paper prints them. (The Shelter Island Reporter is the weekly paper in the Town of Shelter Island, NY. Shelter Island is an island located between the twin forks on the East End of Long Island. My best friend lives there.):yay:

dvcmbr94 I seem to remember seeing your license plate somewhere here in NY.:yay:

We were flying back from Paris on Air France. The seats were 3 across. The lady beside me had been to Paris on business...went to Euro Disney while she was there. That started the conversation. She owed 2 contracts and lived in Washington state. At that time we were awaiting for ROFR to be passed, which it did not. She answered so many of my questions. That was the start for us.:cool1:

I have met 2 members who are clients of our animal hospital. Both were BWV members.

Gee, wish I had a good story! (I was in the midst of a strip search and.....)

For such a tiny state, we sure have a lot of 'boonies'!!

LOL, we sure do.

We're (my family and I) in the NW corner.....but the NE corner is the "boonies" too, I guess.

:)

I was actually thinking for such a tiny state, we sure do have a lot of DVC members posting here on the DIS.

I posted earlier on this thread that I don't have my own story...still don't...

BUT...DH comes home the other day and says, "Hey, the trainer who works at the gym just became a DVC member and bought into DVC and AKV..." and tells me the whole conversation that they had.

Now keep in mind that although DH loves Disney and is thrilled that we own DVC, the whole DVC thins is really MY gig. I do all of the planning, point wheeling and dealing to make sure that we maximize our points, etc...he comes along for the ride and soaks up the magic. He doesn't know a point from a piece of pixie dust, the poor thing.

So he then goes on to tell me that his friend must be in some different "plan" of DVC because he can only stay at AKV and all of the details that they discussed and so on. How did this guy buy into DVC and get such a warped opinion of how it works?? So I told DH to have him e-mail me or call me so I could get him straight....we'll see....

My lawyer's office. We were re doing our Living Will stc. and the blue and leather backpack was on his floor. So he also bought around the same time we did because we have the same backpack.

Also, one of my Dr.'s is one as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter