Oddest places you've met a fellow DVC owner..

My ds was in the hospital last sept due to a very severe case of pnemonia and one day I was getting on the elevator and saw a mom with 3 kids trying to catch it so I held the door for them.

After they got on I looked down and saw a DVC tote! I asked her where she owns and she looked at me so funny :rotfl: They were brand new members at SSR and were planning on going Home in Dec for their first trip! It would have been nice to get to chat with her but we both had young boys in the hospital.

My license plate says WE DVC, but we've only gotten one response from it. At our local science museum someone yelled across the parking lot "Where do you own?" We yelled back SSR and they yelled OKW!

Speaking of which....HBC...it is April and officially Spring...isn't it time for you to be heading back this way???

3DK: There will be 501 DVCers in Maine starting around Memorial Day. We don't open up until mid May. Weekends until June. Then we get serious. Can't wait for summer!

HBC

I was at a Scrapbook Convention, and was looking at some of my neighbors work. The lady across from me was working on DVC pictures! She's the only one I've ever met, but I know that there are a few of us in VA.

I was a vendor at a scrapbook convention and was using my DVC bag (love that thing, it holds a TON) for my computer/cash box bag and a customer just said, "So, where do you own?" I was :confused: and she said, "Your bag!" Ohhhhhh! She owns at SSR, too!

What a fun thread! :)

I live in the "sticks" as they say and have never run into a fellow DVCer- even though I look like a walking promotion for them with the DVC hat and windbreaker on. Even my car has the DVC sticker on it.

I need to get out more- :)

In Nov. I was at my son's soccer end of the year party with a friend who is a DVC member (we weren't yet) and the guy in the booth (Chuckee Cheese) heard us talking about Disney and just chimed in and was WILD ABOUT DVC and was telling me to GO HOME THAT NIGHT AND ORDER THE DVD AND JOIN NOW....DON'T WAIT...JUST DO IT. LOL So in Jan. we did on the last day of our trip. Then at work I found out another teacher was a member and a parent that was volunteering.. She heard me talking about DVC and chimed in that they were members too. :goodvibes

What a fun thread! :)

I live in the "sticks" as they say and have never run into a fellow DVCer- even though I look like a walking promotion for them with the DVC hat and windbreaker on. Even my car has the DVC sticker on it.

I need to get out more- :)

We live in the "sticks" of CT...so I can relate...and we're also about a 2 1/2 hour nonstop flight from WDW.

:)

Well, now I can add another one to the thread:

I just met (see post above) a DVC'er on the DIS who, it turns out, lives less than 20 min from me....and considering where we live, that's pretty unusual.

Well, now I can add another one to the thread:

I just met (see post above) a DVC'er on the DIS who, it turns out, lives less than 20 min from me....and considering where we live, that's pretty unusual.

I am surprised that we are in the same area of Ct! :cool1:

1. A few years back when I graduated from the fire academy and got my station assignment. I went on vacation with my wife, then girlfriend, to WDW. We stayed a CBR. While there we took the KTTK tour and then the DVC tour. We gave the $500 deposit, but still weren't sure. So back to work I have all the brochures and that's when 2 guys on my shift tell me that they're DVC members. They're the ones that really talked me into it, or at least got me off the fence.

2. An old friend asked me if I want to get into a fantasy hockey league. While at the draft I get to talking to the guy accross the table. You guessed it, not only a DVCer but also an SSR owner.

3. About 2 months ago I was working at another station. There was a paramedic from another station working there also. And yes again another DVCer.

We're everywhere

In Michigan City, Indiana at Indiana State Prison.

:lmao:
I know it was because you were visiting friends who work there, but if you read it quickly . . .

Yes my fellow DVC owners are at the State Prison :rotfl:

That really is an odd place :)

As for me, no one just yet. I know there are some around me, just never see anyone with DVC gear on.

But next year when I get my new vehicle I am getting a personalized DVC license plate :teeth:

In Ohau at a Marriott resort! DH and I were walking back from snorkeling and someone started waving at us. It was a DVC friend we had sailed on the Member Cruise with a couple of times. She's from Florida and we're from Chicago and neither of us knew the other would be there.

Me too! We were at Ko Olina last June and met a fellow DVC owner at the Mai Tai reception. She had her DVC tote with her and I told her I had one just like it!

i also am in the boonies of connecticut and have never met anyone who has even HEARD of dvc.

My license plate is DVCMBR. This has helped me meet two members. I had just started working for our local bank. I was training in a very small branch when the head of our division walks in and yells out, "Who owns DVC?" He had just bought BWV so noticed my plate right away. He loved my plate and asked if I would be giving it up. He later got a plate for his car that says DVC MBRS!

I met another member who came to a garage sale at my house. She noticed my plate. She was an OKW owner!

:lmao:
I know it was because you were visiting friends who work there, but if you read it quickly . . .

Yes my fellow DVC owners are at the State Prison :rotfl:

Were they notorious commercial renters???;)

When we bought DVC, several months later I spoke to a coworker that I knew had been on a week vacation but didn't know where. Come to find out they had bought DVC on a previous trip that I knew they had been on. We scheduled 2 trips/year together for several years, on ewith all of both of our families and another in Oct with just adults for F&W. But, we were both members for a whole year without each other knowing about it working in the sme office.

I was at a local car dealership purchasing a car for the company I work. It turned out that the salesman was a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter