Odd Question

disneyfantotheend

DIS Veteran
We love the dining plan. It is perfect for us and we save with it or break even. I have done the math for each trip. Problem is this trip my mom is going with us and she cannot eat a lot of food, so often just gets soup or salad. I probably already know the answer to this, but will any of the restaurants let her have soup or salad in place of an entree? I know it is not economical, and she would be better off without the dining plan, but she is in our room and we will not go without the dining plan. She is willing to just get an entree and eat a little from it, but that is so wasteful, so I figured I would see if there is any option.

I generally recommend against expecting substitutions or special requests (outside of allergy-related stuff) to be allowed.

Have you considered paying OOP for her meals and just using the extra credits elsewhere?

Thank you, that is what we figured. We don't want more than 1 table service per day. She is okay with just ordering off the menu and eating a small amount of it. Just figured it would be less wasteful and also more economical for Disney. It is for medical reasons that she cannot eat many things, but not allergy related. Thank you again.

If there is a salad or soup listed in the entree section of the menu she can order it and use a dining credit, but if it is in the appetizer or non-entree section of the menu it will be out of pocket.

if you're doing the regular dining plan, one more TS credit a day isn't much to absorb.

What I would do would be to have her order what she wants (soup/salad) and pay out of pocket and then use her extra credits to go to some signature meals...

For example, if you are there 8 nights, do 4 signature meals for dinner using her 8 TS credits plus yours.

We love the dining plan. It is perfect for us and we save with it or break even. I have done the math for each trip. Problem is this trip my mom is going with us and she cannot eat a lot of food, so often just gets soup or salad. I probably already know the answer to this, but will any of the restaurants let her have soup or salad in place of an entree? I know it is not economical, and she would be better off without the dining plan, but she is in our room and we will not go without the dining plan. She is willing to just get an entree and eat a little from it, but that is so wasteful, so I figured I would see if there is any option.

How are you getting to Disney? Do you need to use DME? I've seen people who wait until checkin to add a person to their reservation, then they don't have to get them the dining plan.

No 2 TS. We aren't too worried. Hopefully she will be able to find something she can eat on each menu. She has reflux issues and really can't eat a lot of food or a lot of types of food at that. But we will make it work. Who knows maybe we will add a meal somewhere, but I don't like using up all my time eating, which is why I go basic dining plan and not deluxe. No matter what we are at Disney,. so I won't be too worried about not getting value, as long as we eat. :) Thanks again to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!